Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hating Riku Tanaka ❯ I love him ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Kingdom Heart I, II or CoM
 
Warnings: Fluff, and the most sexual thing I've written since my attempt at a Saiyuki lemon two years ago. (shudder)
 
Author's Notes: I OWN THAT SONG, GOT IT?!?!?!
 
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXCOXOXOXOXOXOXO XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
 
Sora tore out of the classroom, effectively bowling into Aerith. He didn't stop though, not even when his sister called out his name. Not even when he zoomed past Roxas' classroom, not even when said twin stuck his head out the door and yelled at his disappearing back. And he didn't stop for the principal, Mr. Xaldin Lancer, either, who stood waving his fist at him. No, he ran out of the school gates and down the street, headed towards the hospital. The world went by in a blur of greens and greys and of faceless people, of browns and blues and yells. He could only think of Riku, perhaps laying in the emergency room in a deep coma, surrounded by shouting nurses and murmuring doctors. He could only think of the perfectly chiselled pale face of milky skin, of his moonlit spun hair and his beautiful aquamarine-green-blue eyes of the ocean sky that only belonged in the Tanaka family.
 
Sora's heart pounded against his ribcage, and his breath came in deep pants. Sweat dripped down his brow, and he realised that he had been running full on for fifteen minutes straight. But none of that mattered, for he could see the hospital. The large multi-story building was bleached white and crème and brown, with a blue tiled roof and several large gardens filled with flower beds of roses and port wine magnolias. Sora felt elated at the fact that he was almost there, and gave an extra burst of speed.
 
He rushed up to the large double doors, and stood panting before them, doubled over. A middle-aged woman walked past him, and gave him a dirty look. Sora ignored her, and straightened up. He then pushed open the doors, and wandered into the whitewashed hallway. He wrinkled his nose at the scent of disinfectant and sickness, the horrible stench of death breaching his nostrils. Sighing, he walked up to the reception desk. He brushed his sweat-soaked bangs from his forehead, and murmured, “I…uh…hi…my…my name is S-Sora Kusunagi, and I would like to know if Riku Tanaka is…uh…okay…if that's at all possible…”
 
The nurse who sat at the desk looked up, and cocked her head to one side. Her hair was quite short and blonde, with two antennae like bands of hair poking up. She had pretty aqua eyes that were mainly blue, and a cherub like face. She wore a plain white nurse's shift, and a nametag pinned on her right breast that read, `Larxene Mayumi'.
 
Larxene sighed, and muttered, “You're the seventh person this morning who wanted to see Tanaka. So, I have to ask, are you either a) part of his family or b) in a relationship with him”
 
Sora blinked. “Erm…I'm…his…boyfriend…?”
 
Larxene sighed, and waved her hand. “Fine, fine. Whatever you say, shorty.”
 
“Hey!” Sora snapped. Larxene gave Sora a dismissive look, and replied, “Whatever. Not my fault you're a shrimp, kid”
 
Sora opened his mouth to retort, when Larxene cut him off. “Now, you wanted Riku Hideki Tanaka, right?”
 
Sora nodded. He knew that was Riku's middle name, seeing as how last year the teacher had insisted on calling every by their middle names in rollcall. There had been one unfortunate girl from England with the middle name `Nancy'. Oh, how she had been teased…
 
“Yeah. He's in room 125,” Sora added. Larxene blinked, and raised a slim blonde eyebrow.
 
“Pray tell, why do you know his room number? You're a stalker, aren't you?”
 
Sora threw his hands up, and held them in front of him. “No! Axel told me…”
 
Larxene snorted. “Oh. So you know that demented, jerky, stupid idiot of a pyro?”
 
“He's in my history class…” Sora muttered. Larxene threw Sora a pitying look, and shook her head, before turning to the white Apple computer on the desk. “Oh, I feel for you, kid. Axel is a right royal pain in the behind,” she said as she typed away furiously at the computer. Sora blinked, and asked, “How do you know him, exactly?”
 
Larxene smiled slightly, before scrolling down a list of names. “I was his… sixth girlfriend last year in January, I think. Lasted about a week. Then he met… oh, what was her name? I can't remember. Some girl with big boobs and long brown hair that, and I quote, `Shone like maple in the sun, and has the texture of honey'. Why anyone would want to have hair with the texture of honey I have no idea… Here we go—Sephiroth Hojo… later changed his name to Valentine…. later changed his name to Tanaka… Kadaj Tanaka… Loz Tanaka… Yazoo Tanaka… here we go. Riku Tanaka”
 
Sora smiled nervously. “Well?” He prompted, excitement making an annoying appearance in his gut. The butterflies were so bad his limbs felt all floaty and he kept on having quick little shudders. Larxene glanced at him, and blinked. “Um… yeah, he's stable. Just has a few busted ribs, that's all… he and his father only crashed into a pole”
 
Sora visibly sagged in relief. “Oh, thank God… I was so worried…”
 
“Uh… huh… and I really, really don't give a damn. You'd better get going. His doctor's name in Tifa Lockhart, and she doesn't really like it when others visit her patients. The woman's crazy.” Larxene shooed Sora off. He gave her a slight wave, to which Larxene yelled, “And tell Axel I said `YOU FUCKING JERK!'”
 
Sora nodded, and replied, “Will do” and then power-walked down the hallway. He continued on his hurried way, glancing up at the rooms. He walked past the elevator, and looked up at the sign above it. `Rooms 1 - 100, mental ward, maternal ward floor one. Rooms 101 - 200, Orthopaedic ward second floor,' Sora read, and didn't read the rest. He hurried into the elevator, and pressed the needed button. Ten seconds later a light `ping' announced his arrival, and he scurried out of the small metal box, and down the hall. `Room 120, 121, 122, 123, 124… 125!' Sora grinned madly, and peered through the frosted glass of the tiny window on the door. He couldn't make a thing. He went to open the door, but a shout of, “What do you think you're doing?!” stopped him. He paused, and looked up.
 
What he saw made want to scream and cower like a little girl.
 
A tall, busty woman stood there, with long black hair and intimidating eyes. Her chest was thrust forward, her bosom straining against the thin material of her black shirt. She wore a matching knee-length black skirt, and black high-heels. A white doctor's coat completed the attire, along with a clipboard with several sheets of paper, which was being held in her left hand, both of which were placed firmly on her hips.
 
“I'm seeing… my boyfriend?” Sora answered, feeling rather small. The woman snorted, and snapped, “Oh, really? Well, you're not allowed to visit him! It isn't visiting hours!”
 
Sora blinked, and glanced over to a near-by sign that said `Visiting hours: 7:00am - 11:30 am, 1:00pm - 8:00pm'
 
He then snuck a look at his watch, and saw that it was 8:02am. He looked back up at the lady, then at the door, then at his shoes. He wondered briefly if this woman was going to kill him for pointing out her mistake, but…
 
“It's 8 in the morning, ma'am” Sora told her. Silence was his answer, and then the woman threw her hands up in the air, and yelled, “SO?! I'M THE BOY'S DAMN DOCTOR! I'M TIFA LOCKHART, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! AND WHAT I SAY GOES!”
 
“But—“
 
“No buts! No, you may not visit my patient! He's still asleep!” Tifa screamed. Sora wondered idly if this person was an escaped mental patient. But she had a defiant air about her…
 
“I… but… please?” Sora begged, and he thrust his lower lip out and pouted. Tifa eyed his face, and snorted, “That ain't gonna work on me”
 
Tears appeared, and he cast his bright-blue eyes down. “Still not gonna work. Get back to school, short-stuff” Tifa growled, and she pointed towards the elevator. Sora gave an exasperated sigh, and went to turn around, but was stopped by a gentle voice, “Let him see my grandson, Tifa”
 
Blinking, Sora looked up, and stared. A beautiful elderly woman stood there, having just come out of the elevator. She had long brown hair with streaks of grey, held up in a high pony-tail, and gentle green eyes. She was dressed in a long blue skirt a stylish long sleeved white top, a shawl made from loosely woven lace over her shoulders. A small smile was tugging at her lips, and Sora noticed that Riku had the same smile, as well.
 
“Um…” Sora trailed off, not sure of what to say. The woman's smile took over, and she said, “My name's Lucrecia Crescent. I'm Riku's grandmother. You must be Sora”
 
“Er…yeah” Sora smiled. Lucrecia laughed, before looking up at the fuming Tifa. “I believe that you had patient upstairs, Tifa?”
 
Tifa's eyes narrowed, and she then stormed past the two, head held high but chest not as puffy. Lucrecia sighed, and shook her head. “Honestly, that woman…”
 
Sora grinned nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. “Erm… yeah…”
 
“You wanted to see Ri, right? Go on then. Tell him that his grandmother and grandfather will be round later, please?” Lucrecia smiled. Sora smiled back, and nodded. “Ok, Mrs. Crescent”
 
“Oh, call me Lucrecia” She laughed, and turning around headed back towards the elevator. Sora glanced back at the door, and panic overwhelmed him. What if Riku didn't really love him back, and it was all just a joke? What if Riku had decided overnight he didn't like Sora? What then?
 
About to run off, he heard a soft voice drift through the door, “Piss off, Selphie. I'm not going to talk to you”
 
That voice… throwing away his fear, he turned the handle, and stepped into the room.
 
“It's not… Selphie…” He replied. He took in the white room, with flowers smothering every bare surface, and the small white bed in the centre. In said bed sat Riku, dressed in white and a grumpy look on his face as he angrily flipped through a magazine. At the sound of Sora's voice the magazine fell from his hands and into his lap, and he stared, wide-eyed and shocked, at the small brunette who stood in the doorway. Riku blinked several times, before stuttering, “So-Sora? What are you…?”
 
And then Riku stopped, his eyes hardening slightly, and he cleared his throat. “I mean, what the hell are you doing here, Kusunagi?”
 
Silence fell over them as Sora took in Riku's perfect face, his long silver hair that lay pooled against the propped up pillows, and his full, pink lips. The very visage made Sora's heart flutter against his chest, and he murmured in response, “I…I really need to talk to you”
 
Riku snorted, and snapped, “What, and we aren't talking now?”
 
Sora shook his. “No. We're just arguing”
 
Sora inhaled a deep breath, and hurriedly said, “Don't say anything, ok? Just… listen”
 
Riku cocked his head to one side, but didn't say anything. Sora felt the butterflies become worse, and looking at the floor he continued, “I… I've shown a dislike for you ever since we met. At first it was because my dad told me to hate you, and I did whatever he told me to because I didn't want him to leave. But when he did leave, I started to get this feeling. Like, I was imperfect and you were so much better than me”
 
Sora's hands were shaking, and glanced at Riku. Aquamarine-green eyes were watching him with interest, and, Sora noticed, a faint spark of hope. That was all he needed to go on.
 
“And there were butterflies, and I would get really nervous, and floaty as well. And… I didn't like the feelings — I still don't — but Roxas and I talked, and he explained them to me. And Rox said that Axel said that you liked me, as in like-like, and I… and I realise now that I like-like you back…”
 
He waited for Riku's response, biting his bottom lip worriedly. He looked at Riku again, and froze. Wide eyes were staring at him, mouth slightly agape, and Sora started to panic. Axel had lied, and Riku thought…
 
Just as he was about to turn around and run, Riku whispered, “S-seriously?”
 
Sora felt a rush of relief. He nodded, and murmured, “I… yeah…”
 
“And you're not just saying that because—“
 
Sora strode across the room, and grabbed Riku's hand. Warmth radiated from the hand, and he couldn't help but notice how well his smaller one fit. “I'm not saying it `because'.”
 
Riku continued to stare, and Sora felt the maybe it would be a good idea to kiss Riku. So he did so, leaning over and placing his lips against Riku's. A shudder ran through both boys, and suddenly they were scrabbling at each other, holding one another close — even though Riku winced from when Sora bumped his ribs — and tongues flicked out and danced with one another, with weeks, months, years of want piling into that one kiss.
 
Finally Sora drew back, panting slightly, his lips swollen and his hair mussed. He glanced at Riku, who was smiling this silly grin that made Sora's heart soar.
 
They looked at each other, and then—
 
“Boyfriends?”
 
“Boyfriends.”
 
X-X-X
 
Sora set next to Riku, watching as Sephiroth spoke to Lucrecia in the small hospital room. Next to Lucrecia stood a man, elderly, with short black hair streaked with grey, and red eyes. He was silent, but had a small smile stretched across his lips. His skin was pale, and he wore a black business suit.
 
“Who's that?” Sora whispered to Riku, clutching his hand. Riku smiled, and replied, “That's my grandfather. Step-grandfather, if you want. After father was born grandmother left her first husband - Hojo something - and married grandfather, Vincent Valentine”
 
Sora snorted. “Vincent Valentine? Is Valentine his real last name?”
 
Riku shrugged. “I wouldn't know. He doesn't talk to me much”
 
“Why not?” Sora cocked his head to one side. Riku smirked. “Because I can get away with talking back. And he just got sick of it”
 
“Oh” Sora murmured. Riku grinned, and gently pressed a kiss to Sora's temple. Sora's face flushed red, but he smiled anyway. A good feeling had washed over him, and he felt oddly calm and tranquil. That state was ruined, though, but several shouts of, “BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
Riku paled, Sephiroth swore, Sora winced, and Vincent and Lucrecia smiled shakily. Suddenly the door to the room burst open, and three children, all with silver hair and blue-green eyes, although not as green as Riku's, piled in.
 
“My little brothers'…” Riku explained, looking depressed. They were all dressed in matching outfits, something Sora found adorable, of black and white. Sephiroth didn't seem to share Sora's opinion on their cuteness, because before they could jump onto Riku's bed he roared, “LOZ! KADAJ! YAZOO! I told you to wait downstairs!”
 
The three children stopped, and turned around to glance at their angry father. But then they saw Lucrecia, and they screamed, “GRANDMOTHER!” and ran at her. Before they get to her, though, Vincent stepped in front of them, and murmured in a dark voice, “Sit down, be quiet, and stay out of trouble”
 
They all pouted - something Sora knew they'd grow out of - and all trudged over to Riku's bed, before flopping down onto it. Then they saw Sora. Little eyes widened, and mouths opened.
 
Sora knew he was going to go home with a headache today.
 
X-X-X
 
3 weeks later…
 
X-X-X
 
Riku, Sora, Demyx, Zexion, Axel and Roxas all sat under the large tree in the corner of the school yard, slurping down soda and dozing in the shade. School was over - at last - and they were just hiding out here, seeing as how none of them felt like going home yet. Sora and Roxas were leaning against each other's backs, supporting them, and sleeping. Zexion was snapping pictures of them with his camera, muttering something about how he was going to beat Vexen in this year's photography competition. Demyx was humming in agreement, and gently strumming his worn, beaten sitar. Axel was flicking his lighter on and off, whilst Riku sat there listening to Demyx's playing with his eyes closed. It was good, he noted, but a violin and maybe a piano in the background would make it sound better.
 
“Hey, Kazami?” Riku murmured. Demyx looked up from his sitar, and smiling said, “You don't hafta call me `Kazami' anymore, Riku. Demyx. Or Dem. Whatever floats your boat”
 
Riku shrugged, and opened an eye. “Whatever. You ever considered getting a music contract before?”
 
Demyx blinked. “Well, yeah, I'd love to be able to record something. But I can't. I'm not good enough”
 
Riku snorted, and shut his eye. “Demyx, trust me, you are good enough. I spend every weekend in father's studio listening to all those bloody wannabe's who don't even know where C note is on a piano. You've got real talent”
 
Demyx's eyes widened, and he gasped, “Don't know where the C note is? But… how?”
 
“I know. Come around this weekend. I'll get father to have a listen,” Riku muttered. Then, “Can I have a go?”
 
Demyx smiled widely, and nodded. “You sure about me being good enough? I mean, I--“
 
“Just give me the damn sitar, Demyx” Riku growled. Demyx eeped, and handed Riku the blue instrument. Riku opened his eyes, and settled the sitar comfortably in his lap. He then plucked the strings a few times, and played `Mary had a little lamb'. Axel snorted, and drawled, “That all you can play---“
 
But he was cut off when Riku's fingers started to fly over the sitars strings, causing an upbeat and cheery tune to echo out. Axel shut his mouth, and Demyx stared. “Where'd you learn how to play?” He gasped. Riku finished off the song, before handing the sitar back to its owner. Riku shrugged, and replied, “Father wants all his children to be able to play at least four instruments and sing properly”
 
Zexion stopped taking pictures, and glanced over to Riku. His blue eye peered out from under the waterfall of slate coloured hair that covered one side of his face, and he murmured, “Four?”
 
“Yeah. Piano, guitar, violin and whatever else we wanted to play. I went through the drums, trumpet, cello, sitar, saxophone, and finally settled on the flute,” Riku answered, and he tugged a blade of grass from under his crossed legs. Zexion nodded, and muttered a quiet `Ah', before returning to fiddling with his camera. Axel grinned evilly, and said, “Ok then. Sing”
 
Riku gave Axel a `You-have-to-be-kidding-me' look, and replied, “No”
 
Axel smirked, and shot back, “Yes, lest you wish Sora to know of the `SoraxRiku' that you scratched into that bench over there last year”
 
Riku glared at Axel, and muttered, “What do you want me to sing, then?”
 
Axel shrugged, and said, “Whatever you wanna sing”
 
“Sing `Light' by Rikku Hikari”
 
Everyone glanced over to where Sora was sitting up, stretching and yawning. Riku cursed lightly under his breath, and sighed, “You heard Axel?”
 
“I heard Axel” Sora confirmed. “But sing anyway”
 
His right eyebrow twitching, Riku opened his mouth and started.
 
I can't see,
 
I can't breath,
 
Open up my eyes,
 
And let the light piece my darkened gaze,
 
Oh please oh please,
 
Let me see, let me see,
 
Let me see the glorious light that radiates from your heart.
 
I can't see,
 
I can't breath,
 
Open up my eyes,
 
And let the shining sun chase away my eternal night,
 
Oh please oh please,
 
Let me see, me see,
 
Let me see the burning bright that radiates from your heart
 
Riku finished, and glanced over to his friends. Axel, Zexion and Demyx both sat with their mouths gaping open, stunned into silence, whilst Sora had gigantic grin on his face. He reached over to where they all dumped their school bags, and withdrew a small spiral notebook from his bag. He flipped in open, and flicked through a few pages.
 
He stopped when he reached a page that had been divided down the middle, and had `Axel' written on the left and `Riku' written on the right. Under Axel's name was Roxas' handwriting, forming a list, while under Riku's was Sora's, also forming a list. Riku's list was considerably longer than Axel's, and Sora was adding something to it. Axel reached over and snatched it away from Sora's hands, causing a `Hey!' to come from the brunette.
 
Axel's eyes widened, and he started to read, “Axel: Has pretty eyes, has nice hands, is warm, has nice body, is good at Maths, can roast killer marshmallows, hopeless romantic. Riku: Has gorgeous eyes, has really nice hands, is really warm, has a really, really nice body, is good at school in general, can make the best s'mores, hopeless romantic, is rich, has soft hair, is really rich, has a nice voice, is really selfless, can sing, can play four different instruments… Sora? Why are you and Roxas comparing me and Riku?”
 
Sora blushed, and rubbed the back of his neck. “Erm… we… got into a fight about it on Saturday night… and Leon said we should write a list down instead of attempting to claw each other's eyes out because he was about to go and fuck Cloud and didn't feel having to take someone to hospital during his sex…”
 
“Oh”
 
Riku laughed, and reaching over pulled Sora into his lap. Sora squeaked adorably, and started to wriggle around in an attempt to get comfortable. Finally he settled down, and he started to fiddle with Riku hair. Riku kissed Sora's neck, and started ti nip and bite at it. Sora moaned softly, causing Axel to snap, “Hey, stop it! It's not fair if you're getting some while I can't!”
 
He was ignored.
 
Riku started to suck where he had bitten Sora, flicking his tongue over the silky soft skin. Sora shivered, and his eyelids fluttered. “Nnn…” He moaned. Zexion smirked, and switched a few buttons on his camera, before taking a picture of the two boys'.
 
“And that's their birthday presents taken care of” he announced. Demyx stared at them with interest, and he replied, “Zexy? I think I need a new hicky, too. The last one's fading…”
 
“Hey! NO!” Axel exclaimed, and he promptly kicked Riku in the side. Riku slapped Axel's foot, and continued to work on Sora's neck. Poor Axel looked about ready to cry, but Roxas reached out and pulled Axel to him in his sleep, muttering, “…mine…”
 
Axel smiled, and whispered, “Yeah. Yours”
 
“Aww!!” Demyx squealed. “Isn't that the cutest thing! Zexy, I want a picture of them like that!”
 
So Zexion took a photo of the two, whilst murmuring, “I'm surrounded by sex-fiends”
 
Suddenly there was loud yelp, and everyone glanced over to Sora and Riku. Sora's eyes were wide and his face red, and he stuttering, “S--serious?”
 
Riku nodded. Sora let out a yell - waking up Roxas - and hugged Riku tighter.
 
“I love you too!”
 
Zexion snorted.
 
“Make that love-drunk half-crazed sex-fiends”