Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hating Riku Tanaka ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kairi Nakamura sat in her small living room, flipping through a copy of `Family Life', a famous and popular magazine that her best friend, Selphie, worked for and owned. She was currently reading about the break up of Paine Nomura and her most current husband. Sighing, Kairi rolled her eyes, and flipped through the next page. What she saw next caught her eye.
 
A picture of Riku and Sora - both at their current age of thirty - was smiling from the page, their adopted daughter, Naminé, in between them. Kairi laughed, stunned. She hadn't seen either boy since their wedding, and was happy to see that their relationship was still going strong. Riku's hair was longer, she noticed, and Sora's eyes were bright with content joy. Naminé, who was six, looked adorable, with wide blue eyes, soft blonde hair and chubby red little cheeks. A gap-toothed smile stretched across the little girl's face, and she was dressed in a plain white dress with little white ribbons on the sleeves. Kairi audibly cooed.
 
She then started to read the article.
 
Family of the Month: The Tanaka's
 
Written by Selphie Tilmitt.
 
What you see before you is proof of perfect relationship. Riku and Sora Tanaka—both age thirty—have been married for nine years, and are `still as much as in love with each other since they were fourteen years ago'. Both men met at the age of twelve, when they were placed in the same homeroom class. When asked of their first encounter with one another, Riku Tanaka laughed, “Sora came up to me at lunch and said my hair was old looking and then he poured Coke down my shirt.
 
Sora says it is because Sephiroth Tanaka rejected his father when he asked for a recording contract. Square Enex Recording Studios is one the largest studios in the business, and has produced several famous musicians, such as Paine Nomura, Rikku Hikari, and Demyx Kazami. Naturally, Sora's father - who wishes to stay unidentified - was more than angry at Sephiroth, and had told Sora to make his oldest son's life a `living hell'. Sora proceeded to do so, and for the next four years both boys partook in an all-out war, including name-calling, prank-pulling, and ice-cream-dumping.
 
Then, at the age of sixteen, both boys were partnered together for a history assignment. Roxas Moriyama, Sora's identical twin, states that this was the turning point in their relationship. Axel Moriyama, Roxas' husband, was Riku's best friend, and by being so learned of Riku's secret love for Sora. Roxas also claims that Sora was feeling `floaty and imperfect' around Riku, as well, and after good ol' twin-to-twin talk, pointed out that Sora was feeling that way because his feelings for Riku weren't hatred, but really love.
 
After confessing to one another, both boys got together, and haven't been apart since. Both boys graduated at the age of eighteen, and Riku proceeded to inherit Square Enex Recording Studios from his father. Sora took several creative writing courses at the local university. Sora then wrote his first book, `Kingdom Hearts', which reached the Top Ten List of Perfect Reads within a month of its selling. Riku proposed to Sora at the publication party for the second book, `Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories', to which Sora hastily agreed, at the age of twenty-one. Their wedding - which I personally attended - was one of the most famous of our time, and something to be remembered. Three thousand yellow, white and red roses were imported from overseas, along with several varieties of rare lilies. The wedding cake, though, was the main attraction, as it was decorated with the rare and mysterious paopu fruit.
 
At the age of twenty-six they adopted two-year old Naminé, and claim that she's their `perfect little angel'. Naminé, in turn, says she loves her papa and daddy, and wants them to adopt her a little sister. Both men are currently filling out forms and documents for the adoption of Olette Pearson, a young three-year old.
 
Both men have strong relationship, in which they say they are, “Best friends and lovers all rolled into one”. Sora is currently writing his third book, `Kingdom Hearts II', while Riku is expanding the business buy purchasing several other studios across the globe.
 
Next weeks Family of the Month: The Kazami's
 
Kairi smiled. She was seized by the sudden urge to ring Sora, and she reached over the couch and grabbed her phone. She scrolled through the numbers, stopping on Sora's, and dialled.