Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In The Meantime ❯ Day 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 4
 
((5:30 am))
 
Lae's room was pitch black in darkness as Gaku appeared. The door was closed, as well as the shades, not a single light coming in. Gaku stood still and looked around, waiting for his eyes to fully adjust to the dark. Once he could see, he tip-toed over to the sleeping Lae and lowered his head to just above her ear, then inhaled deeply, though silently.
 
“GOOD MORNING LAE~CHAN!!!”
 
“UWAH!!!” Lae jumped out of the bed and fell onto the floor, her legs tangled in the blankets. Gaku started laughing again, clutching his stomach as Lae growled, her brain having finally processed who Gaku was. She kicked the back of his knees through the blankets as he was leaning on the bed. She untangled herself and got up as he fell flat on his ass on the blankets, looking more surprised than hurt.
 
“…that hurt…”
 
“And you think flying and falling off of the bed didn't?” Lae grabbed the blankets and practically whipped them out from under Gaku, trying to make the bed.
 
“Ah!” Gaku fell over onto his side on the floor when Lae pulled on the blanket. “Eh, true.” He shrugged, standing up again. He looked Lae up and down with a worried look, then looked as if he had remembered something and smirked.
 
“What?” Lae asked, seeing Gaku smirking at her when she turned around.
 
“Have you lost weight?!” Gaku gasped, being over-dramatic, then snickered. Lae glared at Gaku as she pushed past him to go to the bathroom. She stepped on the scale and looked down. 20 lbs. less than she had been 3 days ago.
 
“ARE YOU SERIOUS?!”
 
“What?” Gaku poked his head into the bathroom after he heard Lae yell.
 
“20 POUNDS!!! 20 POUNDS LESS THAN I WAS 3 DAYS AGO!!! 20!!!!!!!”
 
“I believe it.” Gaku leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed.
 
“Buh-buh-buh…”
 
“But what?”
 
“I haven't done anything!”
 
“Exactly!”
 
Lae turned from the mirror to Gaku and glared at him. “And Axel's not that skinny!”
 
“How do you know? He always wears an Organization cloak, plus that's the video game version.”
 
“But he doesn't exist in anything else!”
Gaku now glared at Lae with an evil-ish grin across his face. “Yes, he does. Or, at least, now he does.” He cocked his head to the side. “Or should I say she?
 
Lae glared at him again as she went past and back to her room.
 
((2.5 hours later))
 
“Lae-chan!”
 
Lae glanced over her shoulder. “Hey Minae! What are you doing here?” Lae turned around to face her overly-cute friend.
 
“I got bored and wanted to see you!” Minae ran up and hugged Lae. “Whoa, you got a lot skinny-er!” She said as she wrapped her arms around Lae's stomach.
 
“Eheh, yeah…”
 
“How much did you lose?”
 
“Oh, about 20 pounds…”
 
Minae was silent and looked up at her suspiciously. “In how long?”
 
Lae, not wanting to feel the wrath of Minae (despite her cute-ness), lied. “Oh, I dunno…a couple weeks?” `Hah, more like a couple days… but she dun have to know that…'
 
“Really? Wow…you go on a diet or something?”
 
“No…”
 
“Kay `cause you didn't really need to anyway with how skinny you were before either…Oh, and I wouldn't lose anymore, `cause then people are gonna think you're anorexic or something and people will get suspicious and think you're bulimic…”
 
`Oy, she's blabbering again…like I really care what people think…wait—since when did I not care what people thought? That's odd…damn, I am turning into that damn pyro…heh, poor him…he was previously a girl…ha, not just any girl, me! Lol…'
 
“Lae, are you listening to me?”
 
“Yeah, heard every word!”
 
“You damn liar.”
 
Lae jumped as Gaku appeared next to her, floating in mid-air as he usually does, drifting along as the girls walked down the hall.
 
“Lae, you okay?” Minae asked, looking worriedly at Lae.
 
“U-uhh... y-yeah…” Lae stuttered.
 
“Don't worry, only you can see me. I am a Shinigami, remember?”
 
`Kay, so it's like I have his Death Note…'
 
“It's like if I had my Death Note, you would be the current owner.” Gaku practically read her mind. “And no one else can see me unless they touch my Note. Though I don't exactly have it right now…there fore you don't either…”
 
Lae raised an eyebrow, half listening to Minae's blabbering, fully listening to Gaku.
 
“Yeah…that didn't really make sense did it?”
 
Lae shook her head gently, making sure Minae didn't notice.
 
“Right…you get it though, right?”
 
Lae nodded slightly, as not to let Minae notice. Lae noticed a private bathroom a little ways away and rushed towards it.
 
“Hey, where are you going?” Gaku and Minae asked in unison. Gaku's eye twitched as he stared at Minae, though she couldn't see him.
 
Lae snickered. “Sorry, Minae, I really gotta go to the bathroom, and the bell is gonna ring soon. Isn't your class on the other side of the school?”
 
“Oh, shit…yeah. Bye Lae! See you later!” Minae turned and ran down the hall, away from Gaku and Lae.
 
“Alright, now that she's gone…yo! Gaku! C'mere!” Lae grabbed Gaku's arm and pulled him into the bathroom, closing the door behind them. “Shit…” Lae ran her hand along the wall next to her, trying to find the light switch.
 
“That's questionable.” Gaku said from somewhere in the darkness of the oddly small bathroom.
 
“Oh, shut u—WAH!” Lae tripped and fell, bumping into Gaku.
 
“Gah!!” Gaku fell forward, landing on top of Lae on the floor. “Okay, now that's questionable…” Gaku remarked, “unintentionally” touching Lae.
 
“YOU FUCKIN' PERV!!!” Lae kicked her leg up right between his legs and crawled out from under him as he keeled over in pain. She reached up, her hand running against the wall, found a switch, and flipped it. The lights flickered on just as the bell rang. “Oh yeah, I'm gonna be late.”
 
“Well, it's just Health, right? He won't—ugh—care.” Gaku mentioned, recovering and attempting to stand up.
 
“That's true…” Lae stood up as well and leaned against the wall. Gaku stared at her for a second, then started snickering again. “What?” Lae questioned. Gaku continued laughing. “Do you want me to kick you again? I'll make it worse than before.”
 
“Heh, I'm sure you would—pft-haha!” Gaku laughed again.
 
“WHAT?”
 
“You just look so much like him.”
 
“Shuddup, I know.”
 
“So you admit it?”
 
“Can't change fate now, can you?”
 
“Guess not.”
 
“So what are you doing here? Scared the shit out of me before…”
 
“Do I always need a reason? I got bored!”
 
“So?”
 
“Ryuk followed Light around all the time…”
 
“Did you not see my countless video game and manga collections?”
 
“Yeah, I saw them…”
 
“And…?”
 
“Looked through all of them, none too interesting.”
 
“Okay…and you think this will be more fun?”
 
“Well, I get to see your progress outside home, and how others are reacting to the change…plus I could help you with assignments and stuff…”
 
“Riiight.”
 
“Hey, I'm smarter than I look.”
 
“Oh really?”
 
“Yup.”
 
“Prove it.” Lae picked up her bag off of the floor, opened the door, and walked out.
 
“I got a bad feeling…” Gaku followed, shutting the light off and closing the door behind him.
 
((2 hours later))
 
“Hey Arii!”
 
“Don't even make me do that ever again.” Gaku complained.
 
“Hi Lae!”
 
“Where's Terra?”
 
“I dunno...”
 
“Right here bitches!” Terra appeared from behind a wall right by their table.
 
All four sat down (well, Gaku kinda collapsed…) and started eating their lunch.
 
“Dude, Lae…”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Did you get skinnier?” Terra asked, looking her friend up and down.
 
“Uh…”
 
“Ya know,” Arii interrupted, having not heard Terra, “your boobs haven't grown in a while have they?” She asked, pointing her spork towards Lae's chest.
 
Lae twitched at the question as Gaku started laughing hysterically, falling back in the chair and onto the floor. He started rolling around on the floor, clutching his stomach.
 
“U-um…I g-guess not…” Lae glanced down at her chest.
 
“OH GOD!!! IT HURTS!! AHAHA!!” Gaku said, still clutching his stomach, laughing.
 
Lae kicked him, trying not to be too noticeable. Gaku twitched for a second and continued laughing.
 
“You weren't that skinny yesterday…” Terra said.
 
“Uh…”
 
“And you must be under-developed or something…”Arii added
 
“Eheh…”
 
“Are you okay Lae?” Arii asked, her voice filled with concern.
 
“Um…I think… it…kinda…has to do with the hair thing and the personality thing and… yeah…”
 
“What?” Terra asked, confused.
 
“Oh, with how you've been changing and stuff lately.” Arii said, understanding what Lae meant.
 
“Yeah…”
 
“Oh, that…” Terra said, getting what they were talking about now. “So when can you explain it to us, huh, Lae?” Terra said in an annoying tone.
 
“Terra--” Arii started, noticing the slight rudeness in Terra's voice as she spoke.
 
“When I think you'll believe it.” Lae stated bluntly.
 
“I'd believe you, Lae--”Arii started, but was interrupted by Lae again.
 
“Oh, I know you'd believe me, Arii, I'm just not too sure about Terra.” Lae stared at Terra coldly.
 
“What makes you think I won't believe you?”
 
“You think I'm just doing this to try to get attention or something.”
 
“How do you know if I'm thinking that or not?!?”
 
“Because I've had friends like you before!”
 
“Oh really?!?”
 
“Yeah! Something happened to me that I couldn't tell them about, and they were acting just like you!”
 
“Is that right?!?”
 
“Yup! Oh, and guess what? They've been long gone! Haven't seen them in who knows how long!”
 
“Good for them you fuckin' bitch!”
 
“Look who's talking! You're so immature! Can never wait for anything! Arii's the only one who's waited! Only one who's understood!”
 
“Fine! If you think I'm gonna be like the rest of them, then I might as well get out now before I'm too far in, huh!” Terra got up, grabbed her tray, and stomped off to another table on the other side of the room.
 
“Wow…” Gaku was sitting in his chair again, resting his head in his hands.
 
Arii sighed. “Lae, why did you do that?”
 
“It was going to happen sooner or later, wasn't it?”
 
Arii sighed again, staring at Lae.
“What?”
 
“Nothing, never mind.”
 
“Alright.”
 
“So what is going on with you?”
 
Lae blinked up at Arii.
 
“Well, Terra's out of the way now, I said I'd believe you, you said you knew I would, so why don't you tell me?”
 
Lae started laughing to herself.
 
“What?”
 
“You're gonna freak.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Promise you won't go `rabid-fan-girl' on me?”
 
“O-okay…”
 
“Seriously Arii.”
 
“Alright, I promise.”
 
“You positive?”
 
“Cross my heart.”
 
Gaku snickered at the irony. Lae ignored him this time.
 
“I'm turning into Axel.”