Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In The Meantime ❯ Day 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 5
 
Lae ran down the stairs, her backpack beating against her back with each step. She opened the door, then closed and locked it behind her. She spun around to go down the front steps but stopped and jumped back, hitting her head on the door.
 
“OW!”
 
“Hi Lae…” Amarii said in a sing-song voice as she stood looking down at Lae in front of her (she slid down and fell on her butt after she hit her head).
 
“Oy, Arii, I told you not to go fan-girl…” Lae weaved around her and went down the steps, skipping every other step.
 
“I'm not!” Arii whined as she followed behind her friend.
 
“Yes, you are.”
 
“Can't I say “hi” to my best friend who just happens to be turning into my absolute favorite character out of every video game, manga, and anime I've ever played, read, and seen?”
 
“And that you would glomp to death if he were real?”
 
“Oh, but he is…” Arii slipped her arms over Lae's shoulders and hugged her from behind, her whole body up against Lae.
 
“I swear I'll do what I did last time.” Lae threatened, annoyed.
 
Arii moved her hands down Lae's back and hugged Lae again around her waist.
 
“You asked for it.” Lae positioned her elbow and stabbed it right into Arii's stomach.
 
“Agh!!” She let go immediately and fell back on the ground clutching her stomach.
 
“I warned ya.”
 
“Yeah, well…” Arii recovered, getting back up again and walked next to Lae. “I call first dibs.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“On you. Once you're fully Axel, I call first dibs.”
 
“Oy, whatever.”
 
“Just telling you that now so you know I go before all the rest of those fans of yours.”
 
“His, you mean.”
 
“You are turning into him.”
 
“Yeah, turning. Not fully turned yet. Therefore I'm still Lae and not quite Axel. Yet.”
 
“Meh, whatever.” Arii laughed and ran ahead of Lae.
 
“Hey! Wait up!” Lae called as she ran after Arii.
 
((20 minutes later)) ((6:45 am))
 
Lae collapsed into her chair as she always did as Amarii sat in the desk in front of her. Lae rested her head in her hands as her eyes trailed around the room. They settled on a girl with short blonde hair talking to the teacher.
 
“Who's the newbie?” Lae asked, nodding towards the unfamiliar blonde.
 
Arii looked in the direction Lae indicated and shrugged. “I dunno.”
 
The girl nodded enthusiastically to the teacher, then spun around and walked towards Lae and Arii, looking down as if watching her feet. She looked up and smiled at the two girls as she sat down in the desk next to Lae.
 
“Hi! I'm Medy!” She smiled as she introduced herself.
 
“Hey, I'm Amarii.” She smiled at Medy, always trying to be polite to the new students.
 
“I'm Lae.” Lae shot a quick smile towards Medy, then laughed to herself. “Got it memorized?” Amarii laughed with her.
 
“Uh… sure…” Medy laughed a bit too. “I take it you play Kingdom Hearts then?”
 
“Yeah, a bit.”
 
“Ya know, you… oddly…” Medy began, then stopped and looked down at her desk.
 
“What?” Lae asked, curious.
 
“N-nevermind…” Medy responded, looking away from them with a confused look. “I-I'll be right back.” She stood up and went to ask the teacher something, then hurriedly left the classroom.
 
Arii and Lae sat and watched her leave. A few seconds later, Lae grabbed a pen, opened her notebook to a blank page, titled it “MEDY” and started writing down a bunch of names. Arii noticed Lae and watched her.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“You'll see once I find it…” Lae kept writing for about a minute, then stopped and stared at the last name she'd written down. “Oh my God I was right.”
 
“What?” Amarii placed her hand on the notebook and spun it around so it wasn't upside-down. Her eyes trailed down the list of names, all combinations of Medy's name with and `x' somewhere in it. Her eyes grew a little wider as she stopped on the last name. “Oh my God… do ya think she-?”
 
“I think so. So far she's been acting kinda like him, plus with how she looks and stuff.”
 
“Yeah… maybe we should ask her?”
 
“No, I have someone else I can ask about that. He'd know, I'm sure.”
 
“And `he' would be…?”
 
“Gaku Namikiri.”
 
“That salesman from Zettai?”
 
“Yup. He's a Shinigami that's been annoying me since all this started happening.”
 
“Right… wow, what a crossover…”
 
“Yeah, that's what I said.”
 
((4 hrs. 50 mins. Later, lunch)) ((11:35 am))
 
“She's not her is she?”
 
“She's supposed to be in our lunch…”
 
“Dammit, where is she?”
 
Lae and Arii looked around the lunchroom, trying to seek out the new kid, Medy.
 
“Oy, I give up.” Lae rested her head in her hands and looked down at her lunch.
 
“Yeah.” Arii turned back to hers as well and continued eating. “So you really think
she--?”
 
“Already answered that.”
 
“Hn… Ok, so what if she is? What are you gonna do?”
 
“Well, if she is… well… they say they were friends, despite having opposite elements…”
 
“That's true… so you're gonna try being friends then?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“Uh, hi guys! Um…can I sit with you?” Medy asked, overly polite and seeming to have appeared out of nowhere.
 
Lae and Arii blinked.
 
“Uh…”
 
“S-sure.” Arii said, finally being able to get an answer out.
 
“Thanks!” Medy set her tray down and sat next to Lae. “What's the matter?” She asked, noticing Lae staring at her.
 
“Oh, sorry. You just… kinda… appeared out of nowhere, I guess.”
 
“Oh, eheh, I did, didn't I? Ha, sorry!” She apologized, a sheepish grin on her and a hand behind her head.
 
“Eh, it's okay. Happens a lot.”
 
“Oh, okay.”
 
There was complete silence from all three girls. A couple minutes later, Arii looked up from her lunch to Lae and watched her for a minute, then jumped slightly and stared at her, wide-eyed.
 
“Lae?”
 
“Yeah?” Lae looked up from her lunch to Arii. “…Why are you staring at me?”
 
“C'mere.” Arii got up from the table and headed towards the bathroom, motioning for Lae to follow. “We'll be right back, Medy. Just gotta talk to her for a minute.”
 
“Kay…” Medy responded, seeming curious, but knew better than to interfere.
 
So, not wanting to anger Arii, Lae obediently followed her to the bathroom.
 
“What's wrong?” Lae asked once they got there.
 
Arii walked in front of one of the mirrors. “C'mere.” She ordered, waving her hand for Lae to come.
 
“You're not gonna glomp me again, are you?”
 
“No, but I have a feeling I won't be able to help myself if this keeps up.”
 
Lae raised an eyebrow and walked towards Arii cautiously. She turned slowly to look in the mirror at her lately ever-changing reflection. And went wide-eyed.
 
Her hair had lifted more, now visible that it was forming spikes. The color had changed as well. It was red. Really red. Like, blood red.
 
“Fuck. That's all I gotta say.” Lae sighed as she looked at her reflection sadly. “Well, nothing much I can do about it…”
 
“I guess…”