Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In The Meantime ❯ Day 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 6
 
((6:25am))
 
“Alright, You're not gonna run away again, right?”
 
“Hopefully not!”
 
Lae glared at Gaku. “`Hopefully'?”
 
Gaku stared at Lae for a minute and sighed. “Alright, fine, I won't `run away' again.”
 
“Good. What do you know about Medy Shizuka?”
 
“Hm…hold on. I'll be back, I promise.” Gaku assured with a smile and a wink as he disappeared through a white and blue swirling portal. Lae sighed and continued walking. A couple minutes later, he appeared again, waving around a piece of loose leaf paper with something written on it. “Found it!” He held it strait and hovered next to Lae as she continued walking. “Who was it again?”
 
“Medy Shizuka.”
 
“Alright let's see…” He traced a finger down the page, mumbling each name to himself. “Haruhi, Minae…Hatori, Terra…Katyesha, Amarii…Midori, Kara…”
 
Lae perked up, hearing the names of people she knew all too well. “Hey, lemme see that!” She grabbed for the paper as Gaku pulled it away from her, holding it above him.
 
“Hold on! Jeez… Midori, Kara…Ryuuzaki, Lae…here we go, Shizuka, Medy!” He said happily.
 
“Who else is on there?”
 
“Uh…Suzuki, Nori.”
 
“That it?”
 
“Yup.”
 
“Ok, what'd it say about Medy?”
 
“Erm…” Gaku held up the paper again, pointed at her name, and traced his finger across to the right side of the page. “Ooh…”
 
“Well? What?”
 
“Can't tell ya!”
 
“WHY?!?”
 
“Top Secret!” Gaku laughed as he threw the paper into another smaller portal, Lae trying to grab it again.
 
“Damn it Gaku!”
 
“Hehe! Sucks to be ya!” Gaku laughed, gliding ahead of her. Lae growled and ran after him.
 
((6:55am::..::@_school))
 
“So did you ask him?” Amarii asked as she sat in the seat in front of Lae, as she did every morning.
 
“What, I don't get a “Good morning Lae!” in a sing-song voice from the only fan who knows Axel exists?” Lae rested her head in her hands, smirking as A'rii raised an eyebrow.
 
“What, you want me to glomp you? And you have his smirk now.” She added, pointing at Lae's face.
 
“Not really…” Lae frowned, still hating the idea of her becoming him. Though not as much as before…
 
“Well then? Did you?”
 
“Did I what?”
 
“Ask Gaku!”
 
“About what?”
 
“AGH!!” She let her head drop onto the desk in exhaustion and annoyance (yay, big words! lol)
 
“Oh, that?” Lae responded after staring into space, thinking for a few seconds.
 
“Yeah…” A'rii lifted her head again. “You really were a blonde, weren't you?”
 
“Yup! To both.”
 
“And what'd he say?”
 
“ `Top Secret.' ”
 
“Aw, damn…”
 
((10:45am::..::art_class))
 
“Lae.”
 
Lae jumped and looked over her shoulder. “Oy, Gaku, wha'd ya want?” She whispered, obviously annoyed.
 
“Ask to go to the bathroom or something. I gotta tell you something.”
 
“But--”
 
“I'll meet you in the conference room right by the bathrooms.” A portal formed behind him as he disappeared through it.
 
“Oy…” Lae sighed and thought for a minute, writing something random, making it look like she was working (which I have a feeling we've all done a few times…). She paused, tapping her pencil on the table a few times, then looked to the teacher. She dropped the pencil on the table, then got up and slowly walked over to the teacher.
 
“Hey, can I go to the bathroom?”
 
“Sure, go ahead Lae.”

”Thanks.” Lae turned and hurried out of the room and down the hall, heading for the conference room Gaku had indicated (lotsa big words today…).
 
`hn…he seemed pretty serious before…must be important…maybe it's about Medy…'
 
She walked right into the room and looked around. Not a single light was on, and all the windows were closed, as well as the shades.
 
`Why's it so dark?'
 
“Gaku?”
 
“Yup!” The door closed and the lights turned on. Lae turned towards the closed door where Gaku was standing.
 
“What'd you want?”
 
“Two things I gotta tell ya.”
 
“Alright, tell me.”
 
“Which one you wanna hear first?”
 
“Um…” Lae thought for a minute as Gaku watched her.
 
“Alright,” Gaku sighed, “Pick a color, blue or red?”
 
Lae stared at him, raising an eyebrow.
 
“Just pick one!”
 
“Alright, fine. Red.”
 
“Kay. Do you really wanna turn into Axel, or do you wanna stay being Lae?”
 
Lae stared at him. “What do you mean?”
 
“I was eavesdropping--”
 
“As usual.”
 
“—Shuddup. I was eavesdropping and found out how you could go back to being Lae.”
 
“…I'd be how I was before?”
 
“Yup.”
 
“Blonde hair, blue eyes? Not as I am now?”
 
“Yup.”
 
Lae looked away from Gaku and thought again. “…What do I have to do?”
 
“Well…you want me to put it technically, or simply?”
 
“Uh, simply, duh. I'm still a blonde on the inside ya know.”
“Get laid.”
 
Lae's entire body twitched as she continued to stare at the floor. (FYI she's still a virgin)
 
“By a guy. While you're still a girl.”
 
Silence.
 
“HELL NO!!”
 
“You sure?”
 
“POSITIVE!!”
 
“ `Cause if it's just that you won't be able to find a guy that'd do ya I would!”
 
“NO!!”
 
“Though I'm not sure it'll work…”
 
“I SAID NO!!!”
 
“Alright, alright, fine. Then you'll continue to turn into Axel.”
 
“…Fine…” Lae sighed. “What's the other thing you were gonna tell me?”
 
“Oh…blue, right?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“That's about Medy. You were right.”
 
Lae perked up again. “She's Demyx?”
 
“Yup. Well, turning into, at least.”
“…Gaku?”
 
Gaku jumped as Lae leaned over to see where the voice had come from. Medy stood in front of the doorway, closing the door behind her, a confused look on her face.
 
“Hi Medy.”
 
“H-hi Lae…um…Ga-ku?”
 
Gaku turned around to face her, laughing nervously. “H-hey Medy! Um… I don't think I told you this yet, but Lae--”
 
“I'm turning into Axel, if it's not obvious enough already as it is.” Lae tilted her head to the side and motioned towards Gaku. “He already told me you're turning into Demyx.”
 
“Eheh, yeah. Basically what Lae said.” Gaku laughed again.
 
“O-oh…well, um…”
 
There was an awkward silence for a minute or so, until Gaku spoke up again.
 
“Oh! Almost forgot! They told me once you guys knew who you were going to be and who the other was and is going to be, I could give you these!” Gaku held his hands out as an orb appeared in each. One looked like there was water sloshing around like waves inside it and the other looked like there was fire dancing unceasingly inside it. (lotsa big words…oy…)
 
Lae's eyes widened and flashed a bright green as she oddly became overly-excited and a little hyper. Gaku snickered.
 
“What?”
 
“Your eyes are done.”
 
“Huh?” Lae gave Gaku a confused look.
 
“They're bright green, just like Axel's.”
 
“Oh…”
 
Her eyes moved back down to the fiery orb as she continued to stare at it, impatiently waiting for Gaku to give it to her. She glanced at Medy for a quick second and did a double-take. Medy's eyes became a beautiful bright blue as she stared at the watery orb, dazed. A second later she snapped back to reality and looked from Gaku to Lae and back again.
 
“What?”
 
“Your eyes are done too.” Gaku said, smiling at her.
 
“Really?”
 
“Yeah, they're bright blue.” Lae responded and looked back to her orb. “Can we have them now?”
 
Gaku smiled. “You really want `em, don't you--?”
 
“Yes.” Both girls said in unison, barely letting Gaku finish his sentence.
 
Gaku laughed. “Alright, here ya go.” He threw the fire orb to Lae and the water orb to Medy. The orbs shattered as the element dissolved into their hands, held out to catch the orbs. The shattered glass that once encased the elements fell to the ground and disappeared, except for one piece, about 1 and a half inches long that hovered a foot away from Lae. Once she snapped out of her daze, staring at her now overly warm hands, she looked up at the “waiting” glass.
 
“Uh… Gaku--?”
 
“You'll be fine, just relax.” He said reassuringly, also aware and watching the glass.
 
After a second, Lae blinked, realizing what was going to happen.
 
“Ah, hell no--”
 
The glass shot towards her and hit her, making another deep cut, now under her right eye.