Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In The Meantime ❯ The Official Final Chapter of In The Meantime ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yet another chapter (But, alas, the absolute last one.)
 
He slowed down when he entered the next room, filled with the “pods” he's heard too much about. He walked slowly past each, taking in every feature of every face within each, trying to remember something, hoping a face would help.
 
When his eyes landed on her.
 
She had long, enviously golden blonde hair that nearly reached past her waist, and almost perfect facial features.
 
Similar to his.
 
But the one thing that caught his eye the most were the only features that disfigured such perfection.
 
Two vertical, slim, 1 inch long, diamond-shaped scars, lingered under each eye.
 
He turned so his whole body was facing her as he looked up at her. He could almost feel something building up in his chest…
 
Excitement?
 
He looked down for a second, smiling to himself. He looked up at her again, still smiling.
 
“You know what though?”
 
He thought out loud, Roxas and a girl from oddly realistic dreams passing through his mind.
 
“I'm not done here yet.”
 
He finished as he winked at her, then turned to leave, to head back.
 
If he had only stayed a moment longer, he would've noticed.
 
The corners of her mouth slowly but fluidly curved upwards as she smiled in her sleep, as if to cheer him on, knowing all that'll happen.
 
Nonetheless, she will always be waiting.
 
Lae Ryuuzaki