Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Into Darkness ❯ Departure ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
. Sora had been repeating this in his head for hours as he and Riku sat on the beach waiting for the gummi ship to arrive. “Are you even listening” Riku snapped at Sora? “To think I thought I was doing you a favor by waiting with you, but you’ve been ignoring me the whole time, sometimes you’re a real jackass” Riku chuckled. “Sorry” Sora apologized “it’s just that I never expected to have to do this sorta thing again...plus Kairi’s been avoiding me for the past two days”. “How did you expect her to react; that girl loves you y’know and now she doesn’t know if she’ll ever see you again” Riku said placing his hand on Sora’s shoulder. Sora nodded slowly he stood up and looked at the island he had grown up on, then turned to Riku and said “Protect her if the heartless invade”. “Do have any other option” Riku said jokingly. “I’m not kidding Riku” Sora’s grim expression sobered the attitude of his silver haired friend. “Promise me if they come you’ll protect her” Sora continued. Riku pulled out his pocketknife and slashed his palm then quickly grabbing Sora’s and doing the same “ if a ten thousand heartless attack I will make sure she lives to see you return even if the same can’t be said for me. You have my blood oath that nothing will happen to her unless it happens to me first including death.”. “Thanks” Sora sighed as he looked at the blood streaming down to pairs forearms, then into Riku’s determined gaze,” but try not to die” Sora smirked. Sora and Riku made their way to ocean to clean themselves when Sora gazed up and saw the Highwind making it’s decent. .

Meanwhile...

Kairi came across a picture of her and Sora that had been taken by Selphie and a group of girls on Kairi’s sixteenth birthday. The girls decided to “kidnap” Kairi and take her out for breakfast on her sixteenth. They were surprised to find her and Sora nuzzled up together in her bed Selphie often referred to it as the sweetest thing she had ever seen. Sora had come over the night before her birthday because he didn’t want to miss a second of her “special day” Flashback- “It’s twelve o’clock happy birthday Kairi” Sora yawned enthusiastic as possible at that hour. “Thanks for sneaking over” Kairi grinned “ your mom is gonna kill you tomorrow” “yeah, but this is worth dying for“ Sora said rubbing his eyes.” Let’s try to get some sleep tomorrow before Selphie and the girls come over to kidnap me” Kairi yawned. “Who told you about that?” Sora asked. “Nobody she does it on everybody’s birthday; now get some sleep” she reassured him. “Fine but I have to sing to you” Sora insisted. “Okay just not the Birthday song” Kairi said as they climbed lazily into bed. “How about this” Sora began “ You are my sunshine my only sunshine” Sora sung in a note never before heard to mankind. Kairi winced than join him to ease her pain. “ You make me happy when skies are gray you’ll never no just how much I love you so please don’t take my sunshine away”- Flashback complete
Back on the Island...
Sora watched as the ship from what he considered now his childhood descends on the shore of Destiny Island. The hatch lowered back on the ship and there was Donald and Goofy they hadn’t changed at all in the two years since Sora had seen them, except for there faces they both now wore slightly more somber expressions than he remembered. Nods were exchanged instead of words between the four heroes as the gummi ship hovered the ground swirling sand and seawater everywhere. Riku said something that wasn’t audible over the hum of the engines but he motioned to the far side of the beach and yelled to Sora “ helluva thing“. There Sora saw Kairi sprinting towards him, before he could react she embraced him and pressed her lips on his. Sora couldn’t hear her words but he read her lips telling him “ come back soon” he mouthed to her” I will”.