Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: A New Threat ❯ Save me ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Iona? Are you ok?"
"Go away!"
"Iona, I'm sure he didn't mean it; Donald just gets stressed sometimes."
"I don't care!" Iona yelled to the Queen from her spot under the bed, tears falling down her face.
She hated life at Disney Castle, even though she had only been there for a week. She missed her mom, her dad, her big brother, her little sister, her friends, her dog; she just missed her old life in Amethyst Valley. That's the name of the town she lived in--or, as she's been told, the World she lived on. She was shocked when she was told by two mice, two ducks and a large dog that she lived on one of many Worlds. It was still hard for her to believe, but after King Mickey showed her a huge book about all the known Worlds, she had no choice but to believe it. But this world was so different from hers; it was only a huge castle, whereas her town had many little cottages. And people from Amethyst Valley were incredibly kind and thoughtful and polite, and never ever yelled. She was yelled at only once by her father after she wandered off with her friends into the nearby forest (which was strictly forbidden). She was so scared that she ran to her room and cried for hours until her father apologized. But here, everyone yelled, especially Mr. Duck.
“Would you like to go get something to eat, Iona?” Queen Minnie asked.
“I'm not hungry.”
That was a lie, and both the Queen and Iona knew it; Iona had a very healthy appetite for someone so petite. But the Queen just sighed.
“Alright, Iona. I'll come back up after dinner.”
Iona listed quietly as the Queen left the room before she crawled out from under her bed. She sighed as she flopped onto the deep purple comforter, her only true friend at Disney Castle sitting at the end of the bed.
“Heya, boy,” Iona said, scratching Pluto behind his right ear.
Pluto made a happy noise at the back of his throat and happily allowed Iona to continue. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Iona's hand froze, making Pluto whine and look up at her.
“Wh-Who is it?” Iona choked out.
“My name is Kairi, and me and my friends Sora and Riku want to talk to you if its ok.”
Iona looked down at Pluto.
“Are they friends, boy?” she asked the dog quietly.
Pluto nodded and barked before jumping off the bed and situating himself at the door. Iona trusted Pluto, so she crawled off the bed and crossed the room. She slowly pulled the door open and looked up to see a girl with shoulder-length, wine red hair, deep blue eyes, and a friendly smile.
“Hi, I'm Kairi,” she said to Iona.
“Iona,” she responded quietly.
She was always very shy around new people. She opened the door and stood aside to let Kairi, a boy with brown hair, and the boy she knocked over before into her room.
“Is it ok if we sit on the bed?” Kairi asked politely.
Iona nodded, her eyes glued to the floor.
“The King and Daisy told us most of what happened to you. We're so sorry,” Kairi said.
Iona just shrugged.
“So what World did you live in?”
“Sora!”
“What? I'm curious!”
“It wasn't very nice of you.”
“I-It's ok,” Iona spoke up, startling the other three. “I live--lived in a town--a World called Amethyst Valley.”
“I know that name.”
Iona looked up at the boy she knocked over before, “You do? How? The only other person who knows about it is King Mickey.”
“I know because I went there once.”
“You did?” Sora asked.
Riku nodded, “After we got locked into Kingdom Hearts, King Mickey and I--oh, I suppose we should explain the story to Iona first?”
“You don't need to; I know the entire story.”
Riku, Sora, and Kairi looked at Iona, confused.
“How do you know all that? Its pretty long,” Sora asked.
“King Mickey taught me; he said it was of the utmost importance that I knew and understood your adventure in its entirety.”
“You know the entire thing?” Sora asked.
“From before Kairi arrived at Destiny Islands to when you and Riku went through the door to the Light and finally went home.”
“Wow, that's pretty impressive!” Sora exclaimed.
“So you know who we are?” Kairi asked.
“Yup; I know all about you three. Oh, and, um, I'm sorry I knocked you over, Riku. Mr. Duck was right; I shouldn't've been running. I'm very clumsy,” Iona said blushing.
“No problem, Iona,” Riku said with an uncharacteristic smile.
“So,” Sora said, confused at the look Riku was giving Iona, “you said you know Amethyst Valley?”
“Huh?” Riku said, taking his eyes off a still blushing Iona. “Oh, yea. The King and I fought to escape from Kingdom Hearts and Castle Oblivion. When we were finally out, and before we were separated once more, we started going from World to World, fighting Heartless and locking Keyholes. One of the Worlds we traveled to was Amethyst Valley. It actually reminded me a lot of the village we live in, but its much smaller. Anyway, we had just sealed the Keyhole and were making our way back to the Gummi Ship we were using, when we saw a small girl walking home from school. A group of older, bigger boys were picking on her, pushing her around. One succeeded in knocking her over. I stopped walking, and the King asked me what was the matter. I didn't answer and I just kept staring at what was happening. He eventually saw it, too. When one of the boys pulled back to hit the girl, something came over me. I suddenly had Road to Dawn in my hand and it was pointed towards the group. Next thing I knew, the boys all flew back from the girl. King Mickey was furious at me and immediately brought me back to the Gummi Ship before we could be seen.”
“That…that was you?” Iona asked in shock.
“You know about that?” Riku asked.
“That girl was me!”
“What?!” Kairi and Sora exclaimed.
Riku just stared open mouthed and wide eyed at Iona who was now looking him right in the eye. She finally crossed the room and took a seat by Riku on the bed.
“Those boys,” she said, “they were about ready to kill me…or at least beat the living daylights out of me. After they knocked me down, I prayed that someone would save me from them. Then suddenly they were…pulled away from me. Like magic or something. I looked around to figure out what happened and…I saw a strange little man with big ears and a tail pulling a boy with silver hair away from the village and into the surrounding woods. I wanted to follow and ask if they were the ones who helped, but the forest around Amethyst Valley is--was strictly forbidden. Those boys never even bothered me again. True, it was because they were afraid of me, but I didn't care. So, thank you so much.”
Riku was shocked speechless. He didn't know that acting on a whim like that could affect someone so much…well, in a positive way. Before he could utter a word, there was a knock at the door.