Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: A New Threat ❯ Is any of this for real...or not? ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11:
Iona was falling. Darkness was surrounding her again. She couldn't see where she was falling from or to. She wanted to scream, but she felt too tired. Was she dreaming? Was any of this for real…or not? After an eternity, she felt herself slow until she finally stopped in mid-air. She sat up and her feet touched the ground. She looked down and saw she was wearing large boots that were orange, blue, yellow and green with a zipper up the front and a strap over the zipper. Coming up from the boots were her small, toned legs…covered in red fish-net stockings. She had never even owned an item of clothing like that, let alone worn one! Over the stockings was a pair of very short tangerine colored shorts. They were shorter than Iona was used to, and she wasn't very happy about that. But what upset her even more was the top she was wearing. It was a turquoise blue tank-top underneath a short, ripped black shirt with sleeves that only went around her upper-arms. Both shirts were low cut and also showed a lot of her stomach. She attempted to pull the turquoise tank top down a bit (since it was longer than the other shirt) and that's when she noticed her arm bands. They were purple and went to right below her elbow. They were fish-nets and were ripped at the finger holes and the areas around her elbows at the ends. And her fingernails; they were black!
“What's going on?” she said allowed as the looked herself over again.
“Its time for a change,” a disembodied voice said. “Time to end it once and for all.”
“Huh? Who's there?” Iona asked, looking around in the darkness.
“So much to do,” the voice went on, “so little time…take your time. Don't be afraid.”
“Who are you?!” Iona yelled, but the voice ignored her.
“The door is closed for now, but not for long.”
Iona looks around above her for the voice but sees nothing. Suddenly, whatever she is standing on begins to glow. The dark surface she was standing on suddenly dissolved into hundreds of beautiful doves. They flew up and out of view, not even acknowledging the Iona was even standing there. She looked down again and saw that a beautiful stained glass picture of Sora, Captain Goofy, and Mr. Duck battling some very frightening looking enemies had been revealed. Sora looked younger; thirteen, maybe fourteen. As she studied the floor, she didn't notice the creatures sprouting from the ground behind her. Suddenly, one jumped on her back, causing her to fall to the ground. The others piled on top of her to the point where she couldn't see anything but their bodies.
She wasn't going to let that continue.
“There will be times you have to fight,” the voice said, and Iona suddenly busted through the creatures, Amethyst Fury in her hand.
She realized these were the same kind of creature as the one she fought in the dungeon. She gripped her Keyblade tightly and swung with all her might. She made sure to hit all the Heartless until they finally disappeared.
“Keep your light burning strong,” the voice said.
Iona was so tired, and scared as well. Suddenly, a flash of light from the opposite side of the platform caught her attention. She looked and saw a beautiful mahogany door embedded with amethysts and silver colored designs. Green vines wound their way up the door's frame, meeting at the top where the frame was pointed slightly. She felt herself being drawn to the door, and before she realized it she was tracing it with her finger.
“The closer you get to the light,” the voice said as she continued studying the door, “the greater your shadow becomes.”
Suddenly Iona noticed a shadow cast over her and the door. She gulped and turned around. She gasped at what she saw; it looked like a huge, detailed, black shadow of her, only with yellow eyes and a huge demented smile.
“Oh…my…god,” she whimpered as she backed away from it slowly, the door no longer there.
“But don't be afraid,” the voice said.
Iona was getting closer to the edge of the platform.
“And don't forget,” the voice continued.
Iona almost fell off the edge into the dark abyss surrounding her, but she was able to steady herself. She looked up and realized the only way to escape was to fight. Taking a deep breath, she ran toward it at full speed and began swinging at it with her Keyblade. It swiped at her, and as she jumped up to avoid it, she landed on its arm. She ran up towards its head and began attacking it with all her might. Then the creature let out a bone-chilling laugh, making Iona freeze completely. She fell to the ground, which knocked her out of her dazed state, and was suddenly surrounded by the small Heartless from before as well as some strange looking orange, yellow and red creatures; they had the features of a rabbit, but the scales, teeth and tale of a dragon.
“Aku Usagi,” she muttered as the creatures lurked towards her.
One leapt at her, but before it could touch her, she flipped out of the way. She was momentarily shocked; she had never done something like that before! But she quickly got over it and began attacking the Heartless, the Aku Usagi, and the large creature again. After nearly an hour of fighting, only the large monster was left. She crouched low, then pushed off the ground with her legs, jumping as high up as she possibly could, which was surprisingly high. She flung her Keyblade out at the monster, and it spun through the air, slicing through its chest. The creature let out a horrifying shriek as Iona landed on the ground and her Keyblade returned to her hand; she was forced to drop it and cover her ears. A silver light emitted from the creatures wounds as it shrieked, and it became so bright she kneeled on the ground and buried her head in her lap. Finally the shrieking stopped. She looked up and saw she was alone on the platform again. She sighed and smiled slightly as she stood, very proud of herself. Suddenly, a puddle of Darkness appeared at her feet, and she began to sink. She desperately tried to pull herself out, but it was no use. Tears welled up in her emerald eyes as she sank deeper and deeper.
“But don't be afraid,” she heard the voice say as the Darkness reached her shoulders. “You hold one of the mightiest weapons of all.”
“Please,” Iona whimpered as the Darkness continued to engulf her, tears falling from her peridot eyes, “help me.”
“So don't forget,” the voice said, “you are the one who will help to finally close the door.”
The Darkness finally swallowed her, and she couldn't help but scream out.