Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom hearts: The newly Destined ❯ The new friends ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: The new friends
Thomas and Darryl saw each other and engaged in awkward staring and silence, before looking away from each other. Suddenly, a heartless emerged from the ground, next to Thomas. "Look out!" Darryl shouted, pulling out his angel's song and quickly slashing the heartless. He stood in that pose. "You've got to be careful, guy. You never kno-" Darryl began before noticing a puff of dark smoke next to his face. Thomas stood, holding his demonic malice's keyblade.
 
"You were saying?" Thomas said in a cocky tone.
 
"You have a keyblade too?" Darryl questioned while looking at the Demonic malice.
 
"Yeah, just got it. So this place is called twilight town...was a voice talking to you when you got your keyblade?" Thomas questioned.
 
"Yeah...why?" Darryl replied.
 
"It hates me..." Thomas muttered, causing Darryl to chuckle.
 
"I'm Darryl, by the way." He said, extending his hand.
 
"And I'm Thomas." He stated, shaking his hand.
 
"This keyblade is the most valuable thing I've gotten in the entire fifteen years of my life." Darryl pointed out.
 
"So I'm a year older than you. That's pretty cool." Thomas said, as the two walked around the clock tower.
 
"So I assume we know about the same amount as far as this new world goes." Darryl muttered before being approached by a man.
 
"Greetings, wielders of the key." The man spoke in a soft tone.
 
"Don't play us for fools. What do you want?" Thomas questioned.
 
"Quick to the point aren't you?" Darryl noticed, his eyes narrowing on the man.
 
"What do I want? Simple. Your friendship. Your weapons." The man said with a chuckle. He had a purple mask on along with all purple clothing. After Thomas realized this, he laughed.
 
"What's up with the clothing choice?" He questioned, in a taunting way.
 
"At least I won't freeze when the snow comes. Put a shirt on, idiot." The man replied. Thomas gave him a cold glare.
 
"He's got a point. Now who are you?" Darryl retorted, not taking his eyes off the man.
 
"My name is Kane. Now you can either give me your weapons by choice, or I'll take them by choice." Kane said, pulling out a pair of Sais. He twirled them in between his fingers before gripping them firmly in a fighting pose.
 
"Just one question. You gonna cry when you lose?" Darryl taunted, pulling out his angel's song keyblade. He bent his knees slightly and held his keyblade at waist level, with the point sticking out behind him. He then twisted his body slightly.
 
"He won't have a chance to cry." Thomas said as he pulled out his demonic malice keyblade. He gripped it with one hand and held it in front of him.
 
"Interesting." Kane simply mentioned as he charged the duo. Darryl waited for Kane to swing his left sai at him, in which he ducked it and unleashed at 20 hit combo. Kane slid slightly backwards and Thomas appeared next to him. He brought his keyblade down. Kane sidestepped, barely missing the keyblade. However, the force that Thomas brought the blade down with was enough for him to crack the ground, releasing rouge shards of the earth, which hit Kane. While Kane was off balanced, Darryl ran behind him and unleashed another 20 hit combo, at which Thomas swung his keyblade and it collided hard against Kane. He flew backwards and slid across the ground.
 
"You live up to your name as chosen ones. But now..." Kane began, twirling his Sais before gripping them tightly. He put the two together and a blast of water shot out. Darryl used his speed to rapidly approach, shifting between both sides of the water. Thomas simply used one clean slice to cut the water blast in two. When Darryl attempted to swing however, he was struck in the back by a substance that felt as sharp as a blade, and yet as hot as fire. He looked up to see Kane, grinning.
 
"I also have lightning powers; did I neglect to say that?" He taunted while attempting to slice Darryl, who bent backwards to dodge the blow. "Then I'll just pierce you!" He stated while making stabbing motions at Darryl. Using his upper body only, Darryl began dodging all of the blows, even when Kane used both Sais. Suddenly, Kane received a tap on the shoulder. When he turned around he met a keyblade to the face.
 
"I don't like being ignored, fool." Thomas muttered as Kane soared in the air, and hit the ground.
 
"Thanks. Let's end this, together." Darryl said with a grin.
 
"Interesting...yes, lets." He said while standing next to Darryl.
 
{If you combine your powers together, you can use a limit. A limit is a joint attack between two or more people.} The voice suddenly informed them.
 
"Sounds like a plan. Let's go!" Darryl yelled as his body was surrounded with an aura of light. Thomas simply nodded as his body was surrounded with an aura of darkness.
 
“Limit: Opposite Alliance!" Darryl and Thomas shouted in unison. Darryl ran behind Kane, while Thomas approached from the front. Together they each did a 9 hit combo. Darryl finished his with a low spinning swing, while Thomas Did a rising slash, creating a 20 hit combo in total.
 
"Together." Thomas stated as they began the next faze of their attack. They stood back to back with Darryl facing Kane.
 
"Angelic Aura!" Darryl shouted, shooting out blast of light, which took the shape of angels. The two then switched, putting Thomas in front.
 
"Demonic Aura!" Thomas shouted as he shot out blast of darkness, which took the shape of demons. The two repeated this process for a second time.
 
"You gonna cry?" Darryl stated as he began phase three of their attack. "Redemption!" Darryl shouted as he jumped in the air and slammed down on Kane, creating a pillar of light.
 
"Wrath!" Thomas shouted as he threw his keyblade, which circled and attacked Kane from all angles before returning. The two repeated this process again.
 
"This is..." Thomas began while they entered phase four. He and Darryl stuck their keyblades into the ground and it formed a triangle, entrapping Kane.
 
"...The end!" Darryl finished as a pillar of light rose from the triangle, attacking Kane. It fell back into the ground, and turned into darkness upon impact, which destroyed Kane.
 
"Fade back into Darkness." Thomas muttered as Darryl and he picked up their keyblades.
 
"Goodnight." Darryl muttered as the two stood back to back.
 
"That was easy." Thomas pointed out before suddenly falling to the ground. Darryl fell to the ground as well, the two breathing heavily.
 
"That limit, it takes a lot out of us. We need more strength before we try that again." Darryl muttered between breaths. The two continued to kneel on the ground to catch their breath.