Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Pants ❯ Calling ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Look at me, I'm trying to return to my old fandom! YAY!
Erm, anyway, yeah, it's been a long time since I've written fanfiction for Kingdom Hearts. Let's just say that I once had some in 2003 or so.
Anyway, notes!
1: This is set several months after KH2 so yes, SPOILERS.
2: Pairings...erm, I dunno. I'll get back to you on that after some chapters...
3: This all started when I saw Riku in his official outfit. I absolutely loved his pants. I wanted to get his pants (but IN his pants if you know what I mean XD). And one day the plot bunnies came for me. But it was during one ofthose weeks where I was just too lazy to write. Erm, yeah.
4: At first, this was going to be a humor story but this chapter made me change my mind.
5: There will be several worlds that are not Disney-related. You have been warned.
And for Mr. Disclaimer!
Disclaimer: I don't own Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Disney, or anything non-Disney. I do own the Pantsless though...

Kingdom Pants
By Bilbo-sama

It was once again a nice day in Destiny Islands. In his eyes, it seemed to be like the seventieth day of sunshine and heat. As usual.
`Oh wait,' Riku thought as he waited patiently for the school bell to ring so he could rush home and change out his school uniform and head towards to the inlet and hang out, `I believe I saw a cloud or two yesterday.'
When he and Sora finally returned to the Islands several months ago after a year of traveling through the universe, they had to explain to their parents where they've been. Sora had it easy. He had proof in the form of Roxas, who liked to pop up every now and then.
If your kid was gone for a year and came back sharing the same body with some other kid who you're sure hadn't been there before and claimed to have traveled across the cosmos and saving the universe from evil, you would believe them too. As for Riku, he had to direct his parents to Sora's mother and wondered if he had to repeat the process with everyone.
Actually, the only explanation everyone received was that he and Sora were shipped off as exchange students to the next chain of islands thirty miles south.
His reverie was broken by the ringing bell that signaled the end of the school day. He picked up his books as the professor waved his students off and, as a Friday treat, gave them no homework.
Riku was in the middle of dropping off his math and chemistry books into his locker when Sora appeared from nowhere.
“Hey.”
“Where's Kairi?” said Riku as he tried to prevent an avalanche in his locker.
“She left with Selphie. Roxas is not happy about it `cause he wanted to talk to Namine.”
Riku, in desperation, slammed his locker shut quickly, “We can always catch up with them later. But first, we need to change out these uniforms.” Riku also secretly wondered if Sora's clothes transformed themselves into the school uniform. But he hadn't tested this theory so he figured today he'll try.
Not surprisingly, when they were a block away from the school, Sora's uniform transformed back into his now trademark clothes which would look unpractical because of the heat around them but in actuality, his outfit was repelling it away from him.
They conversed about their school day and split up to their respective homes.
When Riku arrived home that day, he found the house empty. His mother had the week off and was spending her time cleaning and shopping. He found a note on the fridge door she'll be back before dinner. Riku shrugged and headed towards his room. He opened his closet door and froze.
His pants are missing. The shirt and jacket that was used to complete his look were still there. But it wasn't just that pair, all of his pants were gone.
There was a noise coming his parents' room. Summoning his Way to the Dawn Keyblade, he rushed in to discover three creatures lurking in there.
The slacks his father usually wears for work were gone too. So were the `fashionable' jeans that belonged to his mother.
The creatures, beings that looked like the Shadow variety of the heartless only no antenna and they were blue and had stitches along their sides, looked up and sprang to attack him. Riku slashed forward with the Keyblade and managed to destroy one. The other two grabbed hold his legs and wouldn't let go. One was pulling on a pant leg and he could feel his pants slipping.
“Oh no you don't, you little pervert!” Riku growled and slammed his leg against his mother's vanity table. The being fell off and he quickly stabbed it.
It burst into blue smoke and it was gone. Riku then repeated the process with the last one and sat down on the bed, catching his breath and pulling back up the pants to his uniform.
“What in the hell were those things?” A new thought then dawned to him: What if they were at Sora's and Kairi's? Riku jumped up and ran out of the house.
He knew where Sora's house was and if he was lucky, Sora might've decided to mentally practice sparring with Roxas in the backyard before coming inside.
He was halfway there when Sora came running in the opposite direction with his Keyblade in hand.
“Riku!”
“Blue monsters?”
“Yeah.”
“They stole my pants!”
“They took…your pants?”
“Yes, my pants! And my parents' pants!”
“They took my mother,” Sora suddenly said in a quiet voice.
Riku stared, “Not her pants?”
“I just came in and found one of them dragging her off unconscious into a portal. I fought the remaining ones off but I was too late…”
“I found the house empty when I got home,” said Riku, “until they discovered that I was there.”
“Just why would they steal pants?” Sora wondered.
“I don't know but I don't know how losing your pants would - Kairi! She's at the islet with Selphie!”
“Then let's go, Riku!” They rushed to the shore of the main island, pushed their boats forward and jumped in.
Rowing fiercely, they quickly got to the small islet in which the kids usually hung out at. They called Kairi's name for several minutes before she and Selphie appeared from the tree house doorway.
“Yes?” said Selphie, noting that the boys looked relieved and had some bruises on them.
“What happened to you guys?” asked Kairi.
“Some monsters attacked us.”
“Were they Heartless?”
“No, and they weren't the Nobodies either.”
“So much for the usual suspects, huh?” said Selphie. She then went back inside the tree house and came back out holding a pair of nun chucks, “Alright, count me in! I'm getting sick and tired of being left behind. Tidus and Wakka can wait for me refereeing their ball games; I'm helping you guys out too!”
“Great, the more the merrier,” said Sora, “We're probably going to need a lot of help too…”
“Well in that case, there's a couple of funky things behind you.” Selphie ran down the pathway that led to the tree house and the platform that everyone used to find Tidus at. She launched herself at the beings and whipped a nun chuck at one and it was propelled into the ocean. The other one glanced at her and tried to attack Riku only to be destroyed.
Selphie smirked, “that was too easy.”
“Those are just the flunkies,” said Sora, “more will come.”
As those words left his lips, several more appeared from nowhere. Strangely, the beings ignored Selphie and Kairi and only attacked the boys. With Selphie and Kairi's help they all managed to defeat the creatures.
“We should find the keyhole!” said Kairi who handed over a Potion to Sora.
“It's in the hidden cave,” answered Riku, “Come on, let's seal it, Sora.”
Sora nodded and the two scurried for the cave, taking out enemies that would materialize to stand in their way. The door to their world revealed the keyhole to them as they approached it.
“You better hurry guys,” called Kairi as she and Selphie stood guard at the entrance to the cave, “they're coming!”
The keyhole glowed and Sora instinctively held up his Keyblade. A wind began to blow around him and an image of a crown appeared beneath him as a beam of light shot out of the Keyblade and went into the keyhole. A click was heard and, for some odd reason, the sound of a ding accompanied it.
Riku and Sora turned around to see the cave full of the beings who came in from the ceiling, several being destroyed by Selphie. At the sound of a second ding, they vanished. As they did, Sora's mother was left standing. She, a woman with long, brown, and messy hair and deep blue eyes, tried to reach out for her son feebly but also vanished into thin air to the shock of everyone.
“Mom…” said Sora gloomily.
“What should we do now?” asked Selphie.
“We should go see the King,” piped Sora, “maybe he knows what's going on.”
“But we don't have a Gummi Ship,” Kairi pointed out, “how are we going to get there?”
“I know what we could do,” said Namine's voice.
“Who said that?” Selphie looked around. Kairi, who was next to her, began to glow and a transparent form of Namine appeared before them. She focused a bit and a dark portal appeared.
“This will take you to King Mickey's world. But you must hurry for other worlds might need help,” she said, “Are you coming also, Selphie?”
Selphie stood slack-jawed at the sight but snapped out of it, “Um, sure.”
“Then hurry,” said Namine as she faded back into Kairi, “The portal will close in thirty seconds.” Sora and Riku quickly grabbed hold of the two girls and all four of them jumped into it.
Shortly after that, the portal closed. Everything was eerily silent throughout the Islands. And then came the sound of people calling for friends and loved ones.
But there was no answer. None at all.

How was that? Good? Boring? Bad? None of the above? Don't just sit there, tell me! Constructive Critism is good for my l33t writing skillz, yo. XD
Next chapter will have our heroes arriving to Disney Castle where old friends will be reunited and somebody will decide to reveal what on earth is going on. Yay!
See you next time!