Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces of Heart ❯ Prolouge - Dive ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
__awakening[dive]

The moon hovered brightly over a dark and cold beach, which looked as if it was in the middle of nowhere. The murky water crashed in the form of rippley waves onto the dark, grainy sand while a bottle with a tube of paper in it washed up onto shore. A pale hand reached from above and snatched the bottle off of the wet sand before taking out the paper inside. The source of the hand was none other than a girl who looked about six or seven years old but something was dark about her; she wore an outfit that made you think that she was a girl on Halloween going trick-or-treating in a witch costume. She tightly pulled her somewhat oversized hat over her jet black hair, some random pieces falling over her eye but she didn't seem to mind too much. Her emerald cat-like eyes gazed from behind the shadow from the rim of the hat and glanced at the piece of paper now placed in her hand.

It looked as if it was a note to someone but most of the words you couldn't understand. One set of words caught the girl's eye and she narrowed her eyes a bit as she read. "The fourth and a fake key..." the words tempted to roll out of her throat yet when she opened her mouth to speak, she was only able to mouth the words. And, to her, it felt normal. A small smirk formed on her pale face before she crumpled up the paper and threw it onto the sandy dirt next to her foot. The now ball of crumpled up paper rolled down the beach a bit before it burst into dark purple flames. The girl's emerald eyes glanced off into the water as wave crashed along the shore until she gazed deeply into the murky pool of water lying out in the ocean. It seemed as if her gaze tunneled through the water and now showed a girl with messy brown hair and clothes that made her look like a boy falling through the murky water, looking to be asleep.

As she fell closer and closer towards the bottom of the ocean, her eyes began to open just a bit as the girl's deep blue eyes gazed through the shades of dark green and blue. She silently closed her eyes a bit more then, suddenly, jerked them open as she was no longer falling. She gazed around to see nothing but a huge blur until her feet landed with a thud on the tan and sandy dirt that made up a beach. The sun was shining brightly and the girl pulled her hand over her eyes to shield them from the sun. There was nothing but silence yet she could hear everything... As if it was a dream.

Omoidaseba haruka haruka
Mirai wa doko made mo kagayaitata
Kirei na aozora no shite de
Bokura wa sukoshi dake obiete ita

Though it seemed like a dream, it was a pretty real one. Rena could feel the ocean breeze blowing against her face and feel the texture of the sand underneath her oversized sneakers. She gazed around at the island beach, looking at everything from the palm trees to a dark entryway where a pond with a waterfall was, but something managed to catch her eye. There was someone standing in the ocean and didn't seem moved by the waves splashing against their black cloak. A jerking feeling appeared in Rena's gut as she glanced at the enigma standing out a sea. It seemed as if something inside her was telling her to run as fast as she could out into the water but hesitation made it's way into the young girl as she stared at the ocean next to her feet. What if she drowned in the water and couldn't be helped? Or what if something else happened? She gulped at these thoughts but they quickly jerked themselves out of her mind as the enigma turned their head around, their dirty blonde hair blowing across their somewhat pale face.

Bokura wa...

Even though no words came out of the enigma's mouth, she could understand exactly what they said. As the words left their mark in her mind, she felt a rhythmic beat quickly in her ears following the words. She could feel something pounding in her chest and that's when she took off from the sand. She stretched on her hand and ran through the water and made it look like she was walking on it rather than running through it. The enigma put out their gloved hand as they turned around, the ocean breeze tempting to blow their hood off and reveal their self to the girl. Just when Rena was about to grab their hand, something managed to stop her; it was none other than a huge wave that came crashing down onto their heads.

Natsukashii iro ni mado ga somaru

Mae wo muiteraba
Mata aemasu ka
Mirai wa doko e demo tsudzuiteru 'n da
Ooki na kanban no shita de
Jidai no utsuroi wo mite itai

The girl's lungs gasped for air as soon as the surprise attack from the wave overcame her. She spun through the water and felt her back press against the cold, wet sand before she finally managed to make herself able to paddle through the water to keep herself upright. Yet the enigma didn't seemed phased by the wave and still stood there with their hand outstretched. Yet one thing was revealed; their identity. He looked about sixteen years old and a mass of bangs hung over his left eye, as if trying to hide something. His emerald cat-like eyes shined with amusement as he watched the girl desperately try and push herself through the water. But when Rena tried to paddle through the crystal green-ish blue water, she saw his only eye that could be seen light up. Yet there was something evil about his eye; it was a glowing and menacing red color. In attempt to try and get away, she only found herself trying harder to grab the enigma's hand, as if part of herself was being controlled. For one moment, though, it seemed as if time had slowed. And it seemed as if the enigma's face had changed... Rena's eyes widened as she saw who was now standing in front of her with the black cloak over their shoulders and their hand outstretched. It was a girl with dark brown, almost black, hair with two locks of white hair framing her face. Rena knew exactly who it was...

'Figgie!!' she tried to cry about as time regained it's motion as she found herself being pushed backwards into the water, feeling like falling once again...

Hitoshirezu
My heart's a battleground
snoitome eurt deen I
(wonk uoy naht noitceffa erom deen I)
snoitome eurt deen I

Her feet landed on the ground yet it wasn't on the grainy beach anymore. It looked like a platform and black, shadowy creatures surrounded her, while silvery and stretchy creatures stood around the girl as if looking for a fight. A sword was clenched tightly in the girl's gloved hand as she felt her feet stomp against the glass, her sword slashing easily through the shadows. The silvery creatures were a bit more of a challenge, though. They quickly dodged to the side whenever Rena slashed the sword at them but, eventually, they were defeated once Rena snuck around them and striked from behind the slippery, twisty white creatures. Her deep blue eyes gazed from the black and silvery liquid dripping off of her sword and over to a set of stairs leading somewhere else. As if something was pulling her forwards, she took off up the stained glass stairs, slashing away at more creatures that appeared on the stairs, and found a new area along with scenery change into a corridor filled with walls and walls of white and light blue colors.

Standing before her in front of a set of stairs was the same enigma from before! A sly smirk was formed on his face as he pointed the bow and arrow in his hand at the girl. A new weapon was clenched in the girl's fist as she gazed at the enigma and the new area. The weapon looked like a key, just in the shape of a sword. Both hands tightly gripped the mesh handle of the key weapon before she took off, slashing through any arrows that the enigma sent out at his opponent. He sent out a metal fist, which had a lot of power with it compared to how weak he looked, but Rena managed to duck and sent the end of the keyblade right into his stomach. The enigma grimaced while Rena jumped backwards and shot out another arrow, which the key wielder had caught and thrown back at him. Yet while the arrow spun through the air, it's shape changed into another key weapon. 'The fourth key and a fake key...' was what echoed in Rena's mind before her eyes gazed at another scene.

Nido to aenu hito ni basho ni
Mado wo akeru

Her shoes pounded against the swirling and twirling set of stairs the girl was running up. It seemed as if she was chasing someone all the way up to the top. And that someone was another girl who's skin had a pale complexity to it and she had long black hair with red streaks that was kept in a ponytail as she ran. Rena stumbled a bit and ran as fast as she could up the stairs to stop the girl from running. After what seemed like she had been running forever, the girl finally came to a stop yet when Rena ran to greet her, she felt herself rising up away from the staircase.

Omoidaseba haruka haruka
Mirai wa doko mademo kagayaiteta
Kireina aozora no shita de
Bokura wa itsu mademo nemutteita

A boy now stood on a dark and gloomy beach covered with rocks while a pale moon hovered overhead. Bubbles formed up from the water and followed by Rena, who was gasping for breath as she came up from under the murky water. Her lungs breathed deeply in and out on a constant repeat, as if it was a broken record, and the girl's deep blue eyes gazed up to see a blonde haired boy clothed in mostly white and black standing alone on the beach. A slight smile formed on the girl's face as she went to greet him but found herself being pulled into the ocean once again. Shadows wrapped their claws around her feet and the girl desperately reached out her hand, in hope of getting help. The boy just stood there, as if in a daze, and his lips started to move like everyone else before...

Mirai wa...

The words pounded Rena's mind and a slight sadness overcame her. She dropped her arm by her side until she felt a cold hand grab her shoulder. Her head jerked itself around and another black cloaked enigma stood behind her. An evil grin was formed on their face and that was really the only thing you could see under their hood... The tight squeeze on Rena's shoulder disappeared as she found herself falling through the water once again.

My fears... my lies...

It really did seem like a dream but it was so... real... Rena's eyes tightly yet slowly closed themselves over her deep blue eyes as she drifted back into a sleeping state while she fell through the murky, dark water leading to nowhere it seemed. The falling finally stopped yet where the girl had landed was way too dark to see a thing. She awoke from sleeping and jerked her head from side to side, looking around for any sign of some light in the dark and murky water. Her left foot stepped forwards just a bit and she found the light she had been looking for in the dark yet it was a blazingly bright light. Rena pulled her arms over her eyes as she watched the white birds fly up from the darkness out of nowhere. Her arms now rested by her sides as she watched her world spin around herself, watching the birds fly off into the dark cloudy background. Her messy brown bangs that normally fell over her eyes lifted up a bit as the wind blew past her...

The girl's deep blue eyes glanced down at the stained glass under her feet and they lit up with a bit of excitement... The blue platform looked like it was stained glass and pictures of crowns lined around the outside edge. In the center were two boys, both with sad looks on their faces as they stood back to back. Four faces stood on each side of the spikey haired boys, the blonde haired boy's friends being all kids while the brown haired boy's friends being a boy, a girl, and two cartoony animals...

Is this just a dream...?