Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ The Keyblade Master's Daughter ❯ “I’ll Find Your Heart, Mama; I Promise!” ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's disclaimer:
 
Despite the fact that I love Kingdom Hearts, I don't own any of it. Square Enix and Disney Interactive do. I don't own Final Fantasy either. Square Enix does.
 
SPOILER WARNING!!! And this story still has spoilers from KH2.
 
Back to the fanfic!
 
Chapter Two: “I'll Find Your Heart, Mama; I Promise!”
 
When Kagiana woke up, she felt something in her hand. Her mind was still too foggy to know what it was, so it took her a few minutes to register what it was. A Keyblade. The silver-bladed one.
 
She sat up on her bed (also wondering how she was up there; all she remembered was she was lying on the floor, crying...)
 
Which brought her back to the argument with her father...
 
“Daddy...”
 
She knew it was useless to take it back, because her father would give her the same old crap: “No, no, don't apologize; I understand.” He would say it tonelessly, not lovingly. But this was severe...
 
Kagiana had a habit of saying things she did not mean when she was angry or stressed. With this, when she had screamed at her father that she hated him, she could not tell if she meant it or not. She sighed.
 
She twirled the Keyblade, wondering how it got in her hand (she did not remember if she had it with her during their argument). She twirled it around. She felt so powerful when she had it. She smiled.
 
She pointed to the mirror across from her bed and said, “Stop.”
 
A flash of light and on her mirror, her reflection stayed put on its surface. After a few seconds, it disappeared.
 
“Those Heartless will regret the day they took Kairi Nomura's heart, when her daughter comes to get it back!” Kagiana said, tossing the Keyblade upwards and catching it.
 
“Will that be sometime soon?” Said a voice.
 
She gasped at the voice. “Who is it?”
 
Heart Riku walked in.
 
“Oh, it's just you.”
 
“Yeah, why? Were you expecting someone? Sora, perhaps?”
 
“Yeah, I was expecting my dad.”
 
He sat down on her bed. “Well, I don't think he'll want to speak after yesterday.”
 
“You know about that?”
 
“Kagi, everyone knows. You and Sora really made a scene yesterday; the whole town's buzzing with rumors.”
 
“Great. Publicity is the last thing I need...”
 
“Well, after that episode, that's one thing that can be expected.”
 
“I still can't believe him...saying I can't go find Mama's heart...why the hell not? He loves Mama, or at least I think he does. But he must not if he won't find her heart...”
 
“So you're still mad at him?”
 
“Of course I am!” Kagiana said, thrusting the Keyblade into his face.
 
“Okay, okay, just asking! Don't bite my head off!”
 
Kagiana sighed. “Riku?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“If you were in my dad's position, would you let me go find her heart?”
 
“I am neutral in this argument,” He said. “That is between you and your father.”
 
“So you don't care?”
 
“I care about Kairi, don't get me wrong! But...the argument I am not taking sides with.”
 
H still acts jealous of my dad. “Riku, are you...jealous of my dad?”
 
“I've lost the capacity for love, hate, jealousy, others. I can't feel those.”
 
“So...you don't know?”
 
“No.”
 
She stood up, and he did the same. “Okay...well, I guess that was useless to ask.”
 
“It was valid, but I just couldn't tell you.”
 
He twirled Way to the Dawn. “Do you want to fight?”
 
“Not right now.”
 
“C'mon! It's not like you to turn down a challenge.”
 
“Well, it's an exception this time.”
 
“Alright, alright...”
 
He started to walk out the door, when he stopped and said, “One last thing...”
 
He smiled. “Cry uncle.”
 
Kagiana's face turned red. “How dare you! Come back here so I can-”
 
She bolted after him, waving the Keyblade.
 
Whenever they fought, he would never want a break (in other words, he would never cry uncle). But whenever he challenged her and she turned it down, he would say the same thing: “Cry uncle.” It annoyed her so much that she ended up fighting him when she didn't feel like it.
 
“You'll have to run faster than that to catch up with me!”
 
Kagiana put up a burst of speed as she followed Heart Riku. “You wait until I get my hands on you, Riku Kurayami! You'll regret it!”
 
She pursued him throughout nearly the entire castle. As she chased after him, he suddenly stopped. Kagiana tried to stop in time, but she was on a waxed floor at the time, but she couldn't, and she collided into Heart Riku, making him fall over.
 
“What did you stop for, you idiot?!”
 
“It's not my fault!”
 
“You might say it was mine,” said another voice.
 
She looked down at Red XIII. Both Kagiana and Heart Riku stood back up.
 
“Sorry about that,” Heart Riku said.
 
“It's alright.”
 
Red XIII turned to Kagiana. “I talked to your father last night.”
 
“Oh?” She said. “Well?”
 
“He is as stubborn as ever. I told him he should listen to you. But from his response, the likelihood of that is almost zero.”
 
“I figured.”
 
“So did I and I was right.”
 
Red XIII looked behind him to see if Sora was anywhere near. “If you are seriously considering leaving, I'd suggest you refrain from saying it out loud. I won't stop you, but I highly recommend that you not go right now.”
 
“I won't.”
 
“Good. Even if you do leave...just know that it may not be as easy as it seems.”
 
He walked off without another word.
 
“He's crazy, isn't he?” Heart Riku said.
 
“No, just...cryptic.”
 
“Hm...Now, where were we? Oh yeah...are you sure that you don't want to fight?”
 
“If you want to fight me, then you'll have to do one thing.”
 
“What?”
 
“Catch me!”
 
Kagiana broke into a swift run.
 
“Hey! That's cheating!”
 
He ran after her into the town. She ran around the buildings and the fountains while Heart Riku jumped over them. She suddenly stopped behind a trash can.
 
“Wha-“
 
“Shhh! Look!”
 
Both she and Heart Riku looked through the bush.
 
Two people were already there. One was very short. He wore a blue outfit with a beret of matching color. He swung his staff. The other, on the other hand, was very tall. His outfit was green and orange, and talking to the other.
 
“What about them?”
 
“I'm going to scare them. I haven't done that in a long time...”
 
“You're really mean, you know that?”
 
“Have you lost your capacity for intelligence as well?” She said with a grin.
 
Heart Riku didn't respond.
 
She aimed the Keyblade from the bush and said, “Fire!
 
A fireball shot out of the end of the Keyblade and disintegrated in the air. A yell from the short one: “WAK!” and she smiled.
 
“Who goes there?” said the short one, in a wild accent. “Come out or I'll blast you!”
 
Kagiana rolled her eyes. “It's only us!”
 
Both she and Heart Riku stood.
 
“Kagiana!”
 
“What's up, Donald and Goofy?”
 
She sat down next to them.
 
“What's the big idea, scarin' us like that?” Donald demanded.
 
“Isn't she so mean?”
 
“She's got a touch of you, maybe,” Goofy said.
 
“Me?” Heart Riku said incredulously. “Maybe when I was her age, but no! I wasn't that mean!”
 
“I was just playing,” Kagiana said. “You know how I am.”
 
“Definitely Sora's daughter.”
 
“That would be me. So...what's up?”
 
“Well...nuthin', really,” Goofy said.
 
So they haven't heard about me and my dad... Kagiana thought.
 
“Same here,” She lied.
 
“We did hear about Kairi, though,” Donald said.
 
“That she opened her eyes?” Heart Riku asked.
 
“Yep. That's great!” Goofy said.
 
Kagiana sighed as new pain filled her heart at the thought of her mother. She held back the lump in her throat. “It seems like nothing...”
 
“But she opened her eyes! That must be sumthin' to ya!”
 
“It is, but...she seems so...distant...from me and Daddy.”
 
“Her heart'll come back! One day, it will!” Donald said, patting her back.
 
“I hope you're right, Donald,” Goofy said.
 
“Wish I could say the same,” Heart Riku said.
 
She felt too uncomfortable sitting there talking about her mother. She stood up, saying, “I, um...need to go...do...something...”
 
She ran back to her home.
 
“What's up with her?”
 
Heart Riku drove Way to the Dawn into the ground. “She's real sensitive about her mother. That and...Well...she and Sora got into a fight yesterday.”
 
“What?” Donald said. “Another fight?”
 
“Yeah...this one was real bad, though. Kagiana told Sora that she hated him.”
 
Both Donald and Goofy exchanged shocked glances.
 
“Gawrsh! She must be real mad at him!”
 
“Poor Sora! He tries hard to be a good dad, and...”
 
“I can't tell if she means it or not, but...she's furious at him.”
 
“Really?” Donald said.
 
“Yeah...I don't think Sora knows what to make of her. She's so much like him, and he's trying to keep her from making the same mistakes he did. But she's taking it as him being too overprotective, which I think he is at times. But I can't blame him. He's lost his wife and he doesn't want to lose his daughter...”
 
They nodded while Heart Riku sighed and shook his head.
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
The door to Kairi's room creaked open as Kagiana slipped in. She propped the Keyblade up against the wall and walked quietly to her mother's bed.
 
Her mother had not made any movement since Kagiana last saw her. Her eyes were still dreamily half-closed and her breathing was still soft.
 
“Mama...”
 
She sat next to her and took her hand. She noticed that on Kairi's wrist a pastel pink ribbon had been tied on there. She checked the other hand. Also a pink ribbon, but this one was loosely tied on.
 
Kagiana had heard the story about the pink ribbons. According to her father, when Kairi was pregnant with her, she wore a light blue ribbon on one wrist and a pastel pink one on the other, because at that time she was unsure if her baby was a girl or a boy. When she did find out, she replaced the light blue one with another pink.
 
Someone must have recently put them back on, because they had not been on at all the last time she looked closely, which was yesterday. Absentmindedly, she took off the loose one and put it in her hand, smiling.
 
“Wonder who put this back on?” She said, thinking either Heart Riku or her father was outside. She clasped it in her hand, and painful memories flowed into her heart.
 
“I don't know what to do,” Kagiana said, tears pouring down her face as she crushed the ribbon in her hand. “I feel so lost! I don't understand why Daddy won't let me find your heart! But I miss you...you don't even know who I am now. I'm not a little girl anymore, Mama. Yet you've missed out on so much in my life...
 
“The Heartless took you away from me when I was four...I've lived under Daddy's rules. He's tried so hard to be both parents to me, but he always wants to protect me, and I don't like that. I want to be free. I don't want to stay here forever. I want to see other worlds.” She sighed. “I don't have a lot of friends...just Akaitou, Mukohime, Kaorin, and Heart Riku. Everyone thinks I can't hold the Keyblade, despite I've proven that I can.” Kagiana shook her head and laughed softly as a bittersweet memory came to her. “`The light in your heart, Kagi, outshines the sun.' You told me that when I was little. I've never forgotten it. I just pray that you haven't forgotten me...
 
“What should I do, Mama? Should I obey Daddy? Or should I find it without his help? Every day you grow more distant. They say you'll die soon, how soon they don't know.”
 
Kagiana yelled out, “I can't let that happen! Damn it, you can be saved! Daddy doesn't care! BUT I DO!”
 
She fell sobbing, still holding her mother's hand.
 
Kairi did not respond.
 
Through her sobbing, Kagiana formed the thought within her mind. All the things Sora, Heart Riku, Red XIII, and her friends had said turned in her heart and mind. She cried for hours it seemed like, wanting to scream at her mother to get her to understand.
 
What if she does?
 
The thought entered Kagiana's mind.
 
Maybe she does understand you, but she can't respond. Maybe she's trapped in her body and soul. She may be a Nobody.
 
She opened her eyes, which narrowed as the thought came to her.
 
When she calmed down enough, she opened her eyes and whispered, “I'll do it. I'll do it myself. To hell with Daddy and what he says! I'll save you! BY GOD, I'LL SAVE YOU!”
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
In order to go, though, I will need a gummi ship. Unfortunately, I don't know the first damn thing about them...but I think that Jatsuku may know. I hope I get there before Cid does, that mean idiot. I don't want to listen to him...
 
Kagiana ran to the Gummi Garage on the other side of town. She opened the door and ran inside, the Keyblade bouncing off of her hip.
 
The Gummi Garage was huge; the extra space was needed for the size of the ships created within the Garage. Cid Highwind, the Leading Mechanic of the Gummi Garage, was mean and cynical. Jatsuku Hihishu was his assistant and was much nicer. Even though he was a good mechanic and skilled when it came to fixing and designing gummi ships, he was rather naïve. Kagiana walked in and took the lift down to the main floor, where Jatsuku was working on a gummi ship.
 
“Hello down there,” she said, bending over to look at him from underneath the ship. He slid out from underneath the ship.
 
Jatsuku was covered from his light brown hair to his toes in oil. One of his dark brown eyes was looking at her (he had gotten a black eye from of the machine arms that smacked him in the eye). He wore a headband to keep his hair out of his face. He wore a coverall stained with oil and gummi ship paint.
 
“Can I help you?”
 
“Um...yeah, you can,” Kagiana said. “Is Cid anywhere nearby?”
 
“Nope. It's his day off.”
 
“Thank God. Anyway, well...let's just say I wanted to fly a gummi ship. How would I?”
 
Jatsuku stared at her. “You came to ask me that?”
 
“Yes, I did. You've got a problem with that?”
 
“No,” he said, standing up and wiping his face off with a rag. He took off his gloves.
 
“So...you want to know how to fly one of these?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Well, it's actually very easy,” he said. “Better take off my shoes before we go inside. If Cid finds a speck of dirt in here he'll give me another black eye.”
 
He took off his shoes and placed them near the entrance. “C'mon, I'll show you.”
 
They both stepped inside the ship.
 
“Holy crap,” Kagiana said.
 
The interior of the ship was white but flashed with many different colored bulbs, buttons, and joysticks on the panels. The cockpit was actually very roomy, enough for five people to sit in, including two pilots. It was solid plated steel inside, despite the material for its exterior: easily adhesive and easily bonding blocks called gummis, where the ships got their name.
 
“This is actually the simplest model, Kingdom,” Jatsuku said. “This one's also real famous, too, isn't it?”
 
Kagiana nodded. “Don't talk to me about my dad.”
 
“What, you two got in another fight again?”
 
“None of your damn beeswax,” she snapped back viciously, more so than she had intended. “Just tell me how to work this thing.”
 
“It's actually real simple.” He walked up to the front of the ship. “There's an autopilot feature installed in this one. But even doing it manually is simple. All you do is use this joystick...“
 
(He touched a large one to the side of a video screen.)
 
“...to move the wings to go left or right. This button...”
 
(He pointed to a red button above that joystick.)
 
“...turns the engine on. Now, let's say that you get attacked by Heartless ships. This panel over here...”
 
(He moved over to the right side of the front panel while Kagiana followed, listening intently.)
 
“...is the weapon controls. These green buttons control the guns, and the blue buttons control the lasers. But this button...”
 
(He pointed to a large yellow button.)
 
“...is called the Emergency Annihilation Activator, EAA for short. When you are surrounded by enemy ships, pressing this button will obliterate anything in front, behind, below, above, and out to the side of the ship. But that's only to use in emergencies, when the energy for the lasers and guns have run out. And this...”
 
(He pointed to the video screen flanked by the weapons panel and the motion joysticks.)
 
“...is the Video Messaging Receiver, VMR for short. You can get video messages, or VMs, from here to your gummi ship, wherever it may be.”
 
“Wow.”
 
“It's a lot to take in, isn't it?”
 
“Yeah...what about this autopilot thing?”
 
“That's where you choose your destination and it automatically takes you there.”
 
That will DEFINETELY come in handy, Kagiana thought.
 
“It knows where it is?”
 
“All the known worlds are programmed into the ships to their exact location.”
 
“All of them?”
 
“All of them.”
 
“Damn! This is actually kind of easy!”
 
“Yeah, at least for this model. The advanced models, like Hyperion and Omega, are much more complicated.”
 
“Hey, Jatsuku...could you do me a favor?”
 
“Sure.”
 
“Well, there's a reason that I wanted to see about gummi ships. I'm leaving tonight.”
 
“Y-you are?”
 
“Yeah. Could you reserve this ship for me?”
 
“Once I get it finished, yeah, sure.”
 
“Thanks. Oh yes, one last thing. Don't tell anyone I'm leaving. It'll be a secret. Can you keep a secret?”
 
He nodded.
 
Footsteps sounded above him.
 
“Oh shit, that would be Cid! You'll have to get out of here before—“
 
“Yeah. I know.”
 
As she ran out, she called back, “Thanks, Jatsuku!”
 
I love giving him a hard time, especially since I know he likes me. But at least he's trustworthy and naïve too. That's always a good combination.
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
Akaitou, Mukohime, and Kaorin had been witnesses to the fight between Sora and Kagiana. Thus, they had been harried by people asking about it. It annoyed them to the point where they didn't even answer the questions about it anymore.
 
“I don't believe this,” Kaorin said. “We've had at least a hundred people asking about Kagi and Sora!”
 
“Maybe we should just tell the truth,” Mukohime suggested.
 
“And let Kagiana be harassed by them? No way in hell,” Akaitou said. “We're her friends. We can't let that happen.”
 
“Let what happen?” Kagiana said as she opened the door.
 
“Hey, Kagi,” Mukohime said. “It's because of the fact that people keep harassing us about you and Sora.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“We've told them nothing.”
 
“That doesn't matter. They can think what they like. I don't care. They'll see soon enough.”
 
“What do you mean, Kagi?” Kaorin said.
 
“I'm leaving.”
 
“WHAT?” All three said and stood up.
 
“I saw my mother today...and I realized I can't wait any longer. If I wait, then she will die. I know it.”
 
“Then I'm going with you!” Mukohime said, standing up.
 
“Same here,” Kaorin said.
 
“Me too,” Akaitou said.
 
NO!” She yelled. “I have to do this myself! I can't put your lives in danger for my sake!”
 
Kaorin tried to reason with her. “But...if Sora...”
 
“He won't find out.”
 
Mukohime was crushed at Kagiana's previous response. “But...why?”
 
“Listen!” Kagiana said, losing her patience. “You're not going to talk me out of it! I am going to find my mother's heart! Whether you like it or not!”
 
“We're all for you, don't get us wrong,” Akaitou said. “We're just worried if Sora finds out.”
 
“He won't,” Kagiana said, “Because you won't tell. My dad can't find out! He can't! Please, keep it a secret!”
 
“We will,” Mukohime said.
 
“Not a word,” Kaorin replied.
 
“Our lips are sealed,” Akaitou said.
 
Tears filled her eyes. “Thank you.”
 
“There's another thing,” Akaitou said.
 
“What?”
 
“Because of the fact that you are leaving, I, along with Muko and 'Rin here, decided beforehand that we would give these to you. My cuff, 'Rin's necklace, and Muko's ring.”
 
“Why are you giving me your stuff?”
 
“So you'll remember us.”
 
“I won't forget you all.”
 
“Just take them. Please.”
 
“Alright,” she said. “Thanks.”
 
She put on Akaitou's cuff. She undid the clasp on Kaorin's necklace and slid Mukohime's ring onto the gold chain, then put it on.
 
“What's that?” Akaitou said, pointing to the pink ribbon in her hand.
 
“Oh! It was Mama's. I wanted to take it with me so I'd remember that I promised to find her heart.”
 
“I'm sure she appreciates it,” Kaorin said.
 
Kagiana messed with the gold chain of Kaorin's necklace. “I feel like my dad,” she said, “With this chain.”
 
“Well, you do look a lot like Sora,” Mukohime said.
 
Kagiana sighed. “I need you to do me a favor when I'm gone.”
 
“Anything,” Akaitou said. (This surprised Kagiana a bit.)
 
“I want all three of you to watch over my mother. Send me a VM everyday about her. I want to know how she's doing. Another thing. Talk to her. Tell her who you are, and about me. I think she can hear me and she understands, but she just can't respond.”
 
“Like a Nobody?” Mukohime asked.
 
“Exactly.”
 
Kaorin nodded. “We promise.”
 
“You'll never know how much this means to me.”
 
“We're your friends, Kagi, and that's what friends do,” Akaitou responded.
 
“Can we watch the launching?” Mukohime said.
 
“As long as my dad doesn't see you.”
 
“I don't think that'll be hard,” Kaorin said. “We've heard he's locked himself up in his room all day. Unless someone rats on you, you'll be fine.”
 
She nodded. Without knowing the reason why, she hugged each of them.
 
“I'll see you tonight, then,” Kagiana said.
 
“See you, Kagi,” they said in unison.
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
Now about Red XIII. He's knows a lot about who I can talk to here and he'll know about who I can talk to so I can find Mama's heart. The only problem is finding him. He's so damn enigmatic...
 
“Looking for someone?”
 
She gasped and turned around.
 
“Oh...Red...”
 
“Did you think I was Sora?”
 
“Truthfully, yes.”
 
“Well, I'm not.”
 
“I knew that. Actually, I was looking for you.”
 
“For me?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“May I ask why?”
 
She looked around. “Um...here's not a good place to say it.”
 
“Over here, then.”
 
They walked into a closed hallway.
 
“Now, what do you need to say?”
 
“I'm leaving.”
 
Red XIII looked up at her. “Even after what I said?”
 
“I don't even know what the hell you said; you're so cryptic, Red.”
 
“Well, I won't stop you.”
 
“I need your help, though.”
 
“Why?”
 
“I want to know...since you traveled with my dad...do you know of...anyone with information about...”
 
“About hearts, darkness, the like?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
Red XIII stared at her. “What if I do? What's in it for me?”
 
“What in the hell would you want, Red?”
 
“There's someone I knew long ago. His name was Cloud Strife. If you meet him, ask him for repayment. Tell him it's for me.”
 
“For what?”
 
“That is not your concern.”
 
“If I say yes, will you please tell me?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Then I will.”
 
“Alright.”
 
Red XIII sat down. “There are a few people you could talk to. I do know who could help you. You can find them in a world called Traverse Town. There are three of them: Yuna, Rikku, and Paine.”
 
“That sounds awfully familiar...”
 
“Friendly Neighborhood Gullwings, perhaps?”
 
“Ah! That's why!”
 
`Yes...she should help you. She knows quite a bit about those things.”
 
“Thanks,” she said, “Oh! Don't tell my father, okay? Please?”
 
“I promise. And you'd better keep my promise.”
 
“I will.”
 
“Is that all?”
 
“Yeah. Thanks a million, Red.”
 
“You're welcome,” he said.
 
As Kagiana ran off, she thought, Good, that's been taken care of. Yuna, Rikku, and Paine…
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
Night covered the Castle like a thick blanket. Kagiana was quietly walking toward the Gummi Garage, hopefully unseen and unheard except for the clink-clink of the Keyblade against her hip. Also, she had a bag of assorted items to remind her of home: several photographs, a few of her own belongings, and, most of all, the pink ribbon. She did bring some food with her, but she figured that she could find other food in the different worlds.
 
Before going to the gummi ship, Kagiana visited her mother Kairi for a few minutes, explaining to her mother about where she was going, what she would do. Even though Kairi didn't make any response, Kagiana felt she could understand her.
 
When she entered, someone else was in the viewing bay at the top of the Garage.
 
He wore an unknown's coat, but he could be recognized by his tell-tale ears. He was short, almost as short as Donald. He had a gold-bladed Keyblade, like Sora's. He didn't even notice Kagiana until she realized who he was. But why has he here? Visiting, maybe…she hadn't seen him.
 
Her face went red. “Your Majesty!”
 
King Mickey turned.

”Well, hello, Miss Kagi!” King Mickey was one of the few people allowed to call her Kagi.
 
She bowed. “What are you doing here?”
 
“I heard that you were leaving.”
 
Icy fear gripped her heart. “What?!”
 
“I came to watch.”
 
“Why?” Then: “How?”
 
“I'm not against you, don't worry! I've been pressuring Sora to find Kairi's heart for years! Yet...he's never done anything about it.”
 
Kagiana walked next to him. “How did you find out I was leaving?”
 
“After your argument yesterday, I asked one of your friends, Akaitou, today about it. He was reluctant, but he said it was okay as long as I didn't tell.”
 
“Your Majesty, please, don't tell my father!”
 
“I haven't. I won't. You've nothing to worry about.”
 
Kagiana turned her head and watched as Jatsuku lowered her gummi ship.
 
“That's yours?”
 
“Yep.”
 
Kept his promise. I should give him a hug for every day of the year for this.
 
She looked down and saw Akaitou, Kaorin, and Mukohime. “And there's my friends.”
 
King Mickey saluted her with his Keyblade. “Good Luck, Miss Nomura. Make your father and your mother proud.”
 
“Thank you, Your Majesty, I will,” she said, saluting him back as she took the lift down to the main floor.
 
“All ready!” Jatsuku called. “She's perfect!”
 
“Thanks a bunch, Jatsuku!”
 
“Just tell me when you're ready!”
 
“Alright!”
 
Kagiana turned to her friends.

”We'll miss you, Kagi,” Mukohime said.
 
“But we know you're doing a good thing. Be safe.”
 
“Remember us, alright?” Akaitou said, his face turning a little red.
 
“How could I forget my friends?” she said, giving each one of them a hug. “You guys are the reason I'm doing this. You inspired me, along with Mama.”
 
“We're glad.”
 
“Well...until I come back...see you.”
 
“Bye, Kagi,” Mukohime said.
 
“Be safe,” Akaitou cautioned.
 
“Prove your dad wrong!” Kaorin called out.
 
“That too!” Mukohime and Akaitou called back.
 
She smiled for the first time since seeing her mother opened her eyes. Kagiana walked into the ship.
 
She put her things down and sat in the pilot's seat.
 
Jatsuku's voice came in from the VM screen. “Hihishu to Nomura, come in.”
 
“I read you, Hihishu.”
 
“Ready for launch, Nomura?”
 
She sighed, and then said, “Yes.”
 
“Launch will begin shortly, Nomura.”
 
“Thank you, Hihishu.”
 
Kagiana reclined in her seat and closed her eyes as she waited for the signal from Jatsuku. She thought about her mother, and the quest to find her heart she was about to undertake. It would be dangerous, but she could handle it. If she could deal with the pain of being mother-less for eleven years, she could do this. It was hard, leaving her friends, but she had to do this.
 
She looked at the pink ribbon in her hand. Smiling, she tied it to her own wrist.
 
“This way I'll always remember my quest,” she said.
 
She lay back in her seat and waited for Jatsuku's signal.
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
Now, not much attention has been paid to Sora. Sora had, indeed, locked himself in his room all day. What exactly he was doing in there was unknown, but many people claimed to have heard crying and sobbing, and even moaning. He was rather heartbroken by his daughter's screams that she hated him. Slowly, after years of numb pain after losing his wife's heart, it had begun to heal, little by little. What his daughter had said completely thrown him off, and those wounds opened by the loss of Kairi's heart reopened.
 
Despite all this, Sora was, luckily, oblivious to the plan.
 
Until tonight.
 
Heart Riku had heard that conversation between Kagiana, Akaitou, Kaorin, and Mukohime. He did not believe it at first, until he saw Kagiana sneaking out. He debated whether to say anything, because Kagiana was his friend. But once he heard the lift working, he knew to tell Sora.
 
He literally bolted up to Sora's tower, up seven flights of seemingly endless stairs, and pounded on the door, trying to catch his breath.
 
“Go away,” Sora said.
 
“C'mon...Sora...” Heart Riku gasped.
 
“Leave me alone.”
 
“Sora! Open this damn door!” He said after catching sufficient breath.
 
“No. Go to hell, Riku.”
 
“It's about Kagiana!”
 
Silence. Then the keyhole in the door glowed and unlocked.
 
“What about her?” Sora said in a panicked voice as he finally opened the door. “What about my daughter?”
 
“She's leaving!”
 
WHAT?!” Sora yelled as loud as he could.
 
“We've got to hurry before she does! C'mon! She's in the Gummi Garage!”
 
Sora nabbed his Keyblade and ran, following Heart Riku.
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
The gummi ship's engines shouted as they ignited with blue and red flames. Kagiana, strapped in and ready, saw the figures of her friends below (gummi ships must be raised to a certain platform to be launched).
 
“Nomura, come in. Are you ready for expulsion?”
 
“I am, Hihishu. Proceed.”
 
“One last thing before I sign out: Good Luck!”
 
“Thank you, Hihishu.”
 
The VMR went blank.
 
As her grip tightened on the joystick for the control of the ship, her friends watching from below, and the engines shot her into the frontier of outer space, Kagiana called out in wild ecstasy and reassurance:
 
“I'LL FIND YOUR HEART, MAMA; I PROMISE!”
 
:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
 
Jatsuku: Japanese form of the name “Jack”
Hihishu: Fire Dagger (Hi: Fire, Hishu: Dagger)
 
The Cid that I mentioned in Chapter 2 is the Final Fantasy VII Cid, not the Final Fantasy X Cid. I noticed this as I was playing FFX and realized it just now.
 
Kathryne DeTamble's Current Thoughts:
 
OOOOH! I JUST PWN3D THE CRAP OUT OF SEPHIROTH!!!!! He was easy, if you have the right technique… (^_^) Sorry, I had to get that out. I was so excited—I beat the crap out of him!
 
I have also decided that every three chapters, I'll have an “Interlude”, which shows what exactly what the villains are up to. Heheh...foreshadowing is fun. It's time for me to go to sleep now. Sayonara!