Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ The Seven Dancing Princesses ❯ Fairy Tales ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My first attempt at writing a Kingdom Hearts fanfic.
^_^
….without even playing all the games….
But having watched a lot of footage on youtube XD!
Have fun!
P.S. To anyone that knows how to get PCXS2 to work, I need help >_<. Everytime I try to load a game, it says something about a user name, that I have no idea what to enter for T_T.
Help!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
 
The Seven Dancing Princesses
 
“Mommy!”
 
The woman turned around as a little spikey-headed toddler jumped into her arms.
 
“Mommy! Tell me that story again, the one about the dancing princesses!?”
 
“Sora-chan, Mommy has important things to do right now!” the woman admonished with a smile.
 
Little Sora pouted.
 
“Pleeeeeeaaaaase??”
 
“Not right now sweetie, but if you're good maybe at bedtime,” she said, her lips curving upwards.
 
“All right!” little Sora cheered as he ran out off the room.
 
The woman turned back and gave her attention to the man standing in front of her once more.
 
“Sorry Heen, what were you saying again?” she asked cheerfully.
 
Heen sighed. The woman had to acquire an annoying weak soft spot for children. Such weakness should not be shown to children in these times, especially not to the keyblade heir.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
 
“Mommy, the story!” little Sora happily recounted in bed.
 
“Right, you wanted……the Twelve Dancing Princesses?” the woman asked graciously.
 
“Hai, that's the one!”
 
“Alright, but that's the only story for tonight. Mommy has to go talk to Mr. Heen,” the woman said.
Little Sora pouted, but put it aside. One story was better than no story at all.
 
“Ok!”
 
The woman smiled. “That's my good little Sora,” she said, ruffling his hair.
 
“Now, once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom there lived a king who had twelve daughters. Every night, the twelve princesses asked the king if they might go dancing, but the king always said no. However, every morning, the princess' shoes were tattered and ruined, as if they had gone dancing all night. The king was puzzled, for he always locked the doors and windows of their individual bedchambers himself every night. No one knew how the shoes were ruined, and the princesses would not tell. The king issued a decree, saying that anyone who could solve the mystery would be rewarded with a princess for a wife. However, if he couldn't solve it in three days, he would be put into the dungeons. Many men tried, failed, and were locked up—“
 
“But why did he lock them up?” little Sora sniffed, “He could've just let them go home!”
 
“Some men are like that,” the woman said softly, “They don't know how much it hurts, to be lonely for--”, the woman paused, her eyes clouding over.
 
“Well, when I grow up, I'll never lock up good people!” little Sora declared.
 
“Will you do that Sora?” the woman asked, turning to him once more.
 
“Yeah!”
 
The woman stroked his hair, letting her former smile return.
 
“That's good Sora, that's very good.”
 
Sora smiled proudly.
 
“Now, where was I? Oh yes, many men tried, failed, and were locked up. However, the king's decree still spread and many more men came to try. One day, a poor man from the country decided to try his luck. He had walked a very long time and was tired and hungry by the time he reached the castle gates. When he got there, he noticed an old woman stooping over, searching for something. He saw the coin she was looking for immediately and picked it up for her. She thanked him humbly. Since he was so hungry, he asked her for food. The old woman then reached into her basket and instead of food, gave the man a cloak. She smiled, and told him that the cloak would make him invisible. Then, she instructed him not to drink anything the princesses gave him. The man thanked her and went on his way, wondering how she knew the reason he had come. Once he announced his business to the guards, they let him in. He was given a room next to princess' chamber. Eventually, a princess came into his room with a small cake and a goblet of wine. The man ate the cake, but only pretended to drink the wine. That night, he pretended to be asleep when a princess came in to check on him. After she left, he quickly put on the invisibility cloak and followed her. He managed to get in door just before she turned around and closed it.”
 
“The Man watched in wonder as the princesses began to laugh and put on their clothes and jewels. The eldest went to a headboard and knocked on it three times. The board lowered to show a staircase. At the end of the staircase, were 3 forests of gold, silver, and diamond leaves. The man broke off a leaf of each kind as he followed the princesses, unknown in his cloak.”
 
“Eventually, they came to a castle where twelve handsome princes escorted the princesses into the ballroom. There, they began to eat, drink, and dance. The man also feasted and had such a wonderful time that he decided to come back the next two days. On the third day, he stole a wine goblet from the castle.”
 
“The next morning, the man told the king all that had happened, and presented to him the leaves and the wine goblet. The king called the twelve princesses and asked them if what the man said was true. They could not deny it and admitted the truth. The man was rewarded with a princesses wife and the kingdom when the king died. All the men who had failed were let go, and some even found wives among…. the Eleven dancing princesses.”
 
“And they all lived happily ever after.”
 
“Mommy,” murmured little Sora, “did the princesses ever go dancing in that hall again?”
 
“I don't know sweetie,” she said kissing his forehead, “but I imagine it would nice if they went once in a while.”
 
“Girls are so funny….” came his little voice, as he drifted off to sleep.
 
The woman smiled, tucking her son in. As she closed the door softly behind her, her thoughts drifted to another one dear to her.
 
`I wonder if he'll grow up to be like you?' she thought, as she quietly ventured down the hall to her waiting bodyguard.