Kirby: Right Back At Ya! Fan Fiction ❯ Revenge of the Metaknight - The Full Story ❯ Chapter 5: Infiltration ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 6 - Infiltration

Kirby and company made the first move. They flew up at the Halberd while dyna blade used
its gigantic claws to tear up gun emplacements along the hull. Guns started firing all over the ship, on the bridge Falcon was yelling orders through his teeth

Captain Falcon: Fire the twin cannon!! All hands to flight deck!! Deploy Aerial defense units!! Get my latte!!

With that last one Waddle Dee heads off the bridge in search of Captain Falcons Latte.



On the flight deck, people began taking up anti aircraft turrets and firing at dyna blade, the poppy bros returned fire with bombs while simon mirror deflected their shots. Suddenly they all heard a loud mechanical grinding as the beak of the halberd opened revealing a docking bay in its mouth. Hundreds of one man fighter jets began pouring out after dyna blade, but their eyes were more fixed on the now fully ready combo cannon that had risen from the deck.

Kirby: Not that thing again!

Simon Mirror: Kirby, if you can deal with the Twin cannon, we'll head for the wings.

Kirby: Gotcha! Come on Waddle Doo, we have work to do.

With that they both lept off dyna blade towards the main deck. The majority of the crew were concentrating their fire on Dynablade, including the twin cannon. With a mighty blast the cannon fired a beam of energy at the bird, and it began losing altitude.

Simon: looks like this is our stop too.. come on

King Dedede and his team got into their wheeliecycle and allowed Dynablade to drop them on the main deck. With a roar the engine kicked to life as it went off into an access hatch behind the twin cannon. Fortunately for them the Twin cannon was now concentrating its fire on kirby and waddle doo, who were scrambling across the deck to avoid its fire. Each impact brought a new hole to the flight deck. The cannon began locking onto them again as they ducked into an access hatch leading down into the hangar control room. Down they went for several decks until they arrived at a room attached to the ceiling of the hangar bay, with windows overlooking the vast, now empty space Inside there were three operators coordinating the aerial defense ships.

Operator 1: Unit 423 report, Unit 423 report

Operator 2: Team alpha sweep the flight deck, team beta through gamma patrol the wing sections

Operator 3: All ships deployed, closing internal hangar and repressurizing

With that last statement the mouth of the halberd began closing, and lights came back on inside the hangar. The third operator turned to head to a console on the other side of the room, and saw kirby.

Operator 3: Hangar secured.. prep.. hey!! intruder Aler!!

He was cut off in mid sentence by a loud sucking noise, he then found himself in a very dark and damp place. With a loud popping sound kirby spit the operator back out at the other two and send them crashing into a row of computer monitors, with a few sparks flying here and there.

Kirby: Come on, lets see if we can get closer to the twin cannon!

With that they bolted out onto the catwalk above the hangar and headed towards the interior of the ship. Above a large door there was a sign "Axial Maintence Shaft D"

Waddle Doo: This corridor leads directly under the twin cannon

Kirby: Awesome! lets roll!



King Dedede and his team had made more progress into the interior of the ship. Quite a few crewmembers decided to stop and open fire at him, but he quickly dealt with that with his mallet.

King Dedede: This aint all he got is it??

Simon Mirror: We're lucky its this easy, now keep moving

Simon noticed a sign at the top of a staircase leading down

Simon: Anti Gravity plant 1... I think this is a good place to start

King Dedede: Do i get to hit stuff?

Simon: for once.. yes.. you get to hit stuff

Dedede didn't even reply, he bounded down the stairs like a good little penguin and began bashing whatever came into his path. Computers went flying, terminals exploded, ironically the thing in the very center of the room, a large sort of reactor type device was left unscathed.

Simon: .. I think you hit everything BUT the anti..

Simon was cut off by King Dededes mallet, literally being sent back across the room by it

King Dedede: oops.. sorry.. i got a little excited

King Dedede then smashed the anti gravity plant a few times, the anti gravity plant sparked a bit, then shut down, and the entire ship literally shook for a few moments.




Back on the bridge the crew was bracing themselves against the shaking. A display in front of Waddle Dees station brought up a diagram of the Halberd, with one component blinking, it starts as green (system nominal), then goes to yellow (System damaged) to orange (System Critical) to red (System Offline).

Waddle Dee: Anti gravity plant 1 failing... failing... failed

Captain Falcon: More power to anti gravity plants 2 and 3!! Activate the reserve generators if you have to.

Waddle Dee: Diverting Auxillery power to Anti gravity plants 2 and 3 to compensate.

Chief Engineer Gim (over a loud speaker): Captain Falcon, i have reports from my staff that kirby is in Axial Maintence Shaft D

Metaknight: Biospark, get down there!

Commander Biospark: Yes sir!

With that he bounds off through the door and into the elevator leading into the lower ship areas.

Captain Falcon: What about the other one

Metaknight: you mean Dedede? Whats he going to do?

Captain Falcon: Sir, hes the one who took out the anti gravity plant

Metaknight: guuh.. why do you never tell me these things until AFTER its too late...



Back with Kirby and Waddle Doo, they were now in a power conduit shaft leading directly below the twin cannon. With a pop, a hatch opens beneath it and out hops kirby and waddle doo.

Kirby: ok.. now how do you stop this thing

Suddenly the cannon roared to life as it rotated towards kirby, a hatch on the top opened revealing Commander Biospark.

Biospark: Welcome to your worst nightmare Kirby, I am Commander Biospark, the security officer on board. Its been made my duty to make sure you don't do any damage to our wonderful little golden boy of death. Ever had roasted marshmellow?

Kirby: Why does that not sound good

Waddle Doo: Run!

Biospark ducks back into the cannon as the computer lets out a synthesized "Manual Control Activated." The barrel of the twin cannon lit up blue then fired. a stream of energy racing down the flight deck, Kirby and Waddle Doo roll to opposite sides as the beam impacts the hull, creating a hole into the superstructure of the ship. Kirby and Waddle doo take a moment to look down the deeeeeeeeeeep hole before dodging another energy blast from the twin cannon. This time, kirby is clipped and send flying over to the guard railing

Biospark: Its time to meet your maker!!

Biospark flips a switch on the internal control panels of the cannon, causing it to extend a large hand that grabbed both of Kirbys arms. The cannon was fully locked onto him and charging up for one final shot. The barrel began glowing a slight blue, indicating a blast was not far off. Waddle Doo began scrambling for the base of the twin cannon, with a mighty bang he fires off his beam towards its base, which explodes in a blast of fire.

Computer: Warning.. Main Weapon Disabled, switching to auxillery fire and short range defense mode

With that two chain guns pop out of the base for the turret and begin firing at waddle doo, who leaps over the cannon with ease, landing on a deck above the cannon. The cannons platform rotates in an attempt to make it easier to hit him, but the barrel of the cannon, now locked in place was never designed to be aimed in reverse and comes in contact with the wall behind the cannon, cutting into it like a massive buzz saw. It rips into the hull beneath the upper flight deck, tearing apart vital wiring and coolant pipes. Biospark leaps from the now inoperable twin cannon, looks to kirby, looks to waddle doo, then folds his cape around himself and disappears.

Biosparks Voice: We'll Meet again kirby

Kirby: Thanks

Waddle Doo: No problem

With that the two begin to head towards where the barrel of the twin cannon had torn the hull, only to find there were a few hundred troops with rocket launchers waiting for them

Kirby: uh.. uh oh

Waddle Doo: Run!!

Kirby and Waddle Doo take off sprinting, dodging rockets every which way, until they come to the guard rail at the edge of the flight deck.

Waddle Doo: What now?

Kirby: JUMP

With that kirby drags waddle doo over the edge and down.. what was his fate?? only the next chapter will tell!