Kirby: Right Back At Ya! Fan Fiction ❯ Revenge of the Metaknight - The Full Story ❯ Chapter 8: The Reactor Complex ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 9: The Reactor Complex



Kirby and Company had finally reached it, beyond the next hatch lay the source of the Halberds incredible power, its reactor core. Without it, the ship would be completely helpless. Inside, they knew Metaknight probably had most of his forces lying in wait for the inevidable showdown that would develop.

Kirby: Everybody Ready?

Waddle Doo: Yeah! lets do this!

King Dedede: For the Poppy Bros!

Simon: For the people of dreamland!

Bugzy: For..uh.. shoot i forgot my line!

With that they all simultaneously charged the door. They were now in a long corridor that lead into the heart of the ship. Guards behind sandbags began popping up to fire energy rounds at the group, however they had no problem breaking through line after line of defense, drawing nearer to the climax that awaited.



Ahead in the engine room, Gim was giving orders to his fellow engineers.

Gim: Activate the core defense system.. then take your battle stations. Flip that desk over and use it as cover. Get the emergancy weapon supplies out.

His crew did this, and a pair of large turrets popped out of the ceiling, as well as a turret that rotated around the base of the reactor.

Metaknight then buzzed in over the communications line

Metaknight: Gim, your hereby put in charge of security as well as engineering

Gim: why?

Metaknight: Biospark is dead..

Gim: .......

Metaknight: Don't let the reactor fall gim

Gim: I wont sir

With that he shut off his communications system.

Gim: ... Belay that order about getting the weapons out.. get off the ship while you can

All of the engineers looked at him like he was nuts

Gim: .. theres no point in you wasting your lives over a losing cause.. this ship is doomed, ill take kirby on, now go

With that they all fled out the opposite door, heading towards the escape pod bay at the bottom of the ship. His second engineer however remained.

Gim: What are you still doing here?

Second Engineer: You know if you stay here your going to..

Gim: I'm going to what? Fight for my ship? Yes, this is my ship and.. I will go down with it

Second Engineer: Then I stay as well

Gim: No, you have no reason to.. I however.. do.. now go, your family is waiting for you..

Second Engineer: yes...sir...

With that he ran out the door

Gim: ... this is it then

Suddenly the door to the reactor chamber burst open, King Dedede, Kirby, Simon, Bugzy and Waddle Doo Emerged, all poised and ready for action against the neon glow of the reactor. It stood there in defiance of their journey as a final obstacle to stopping metaknight, and a formidable on at that. A green shield surrounded the energy on the inside of the reactor, and the crystal that energy was focused into. The defense turrets locked onto them and began firing instantly. They just barely made it behind the cover of the operators desk that had been used to ready the ship for combat earlier on.

Gim: Surrender now, you dont stand a chance, the reactor is ray shielded, you couldn't penetrate it with anything short of an army.

Kirby: Give up gim!

Gim backflippd, down, landing on a console with extreme grace

Gim: Oh so the cream puff wants to fight

Kirby: Turn off your defense cannons and gladly

Gim: Computer, defense cannons ignore kirby

Computer: Adknowledge, kirby removed from target list

Kirby emerged from the cover, to face the yo yo armed Gim. He spun it around himself at high speed like a shield, before recalling it to his hand with great ease.

Gim: Your time has come!

With that he flung his high velocity yo yo at kirby, Kirby just barely dodged to watch the metal wall behind him get split in two where the yo yo hit, then barely rolled to dodge the yo yo coming down towards him, again splitting the floor where it hit. He then recalled it to his hand

Gim: Your no match for me!

King Dedede: Kirby, Catch!

With that King Dedede tossed kirby his mallet, when Gim threw his next yo yo shot kirby used the mallet to hit it towards the main reactor, and billions of volts of raw energy surged into Gims mechanical body.

Gim: AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

He managed to with draw it, and get out one final command to the computer

Gim: ...c-c-computer.. re-target... k-kirby

He fell to the floor, dead, as the defense turrets turned their sights back to kirby, pummeling hundreds of lasers at him every second. Kirby began running around the circular room, ducking behind obstacles for moments of cover before the lasers blew through them.

Kirby thought to himself "If only I could get that shield down i might be able to damage the reactor.. but how"

Kirby didn't have much time to think because every time he paused the laser caught up to him and destroyed his cover, forcing him to move. He quickly climbed the ladder up to the second level of the reactor so that he was on level with the crystal, and the defense turrets raised up to meet the challenge. He began running the loop again, but for some reason the turrets reaction was slower this time, and he was actually able to get on the other side of the room as a turret when it fired. The beam shot directly into the reactor, and caused a the shield to pulse and change color to a darker green.

Kirby: Bingo!!

Kirby floated up to infront of the reactor as both turrets locked on to him. Their first shots went right past him, causing the reactor to go from dark green to orange, and from orange to red. Kirby then attempted to make them hit the core on more time, but he got hit, and was thrown into the shield, and then into the ground, after a good long while of being electrocuted. The turrets locked onto him and readied their final shot...

Suddenly Simon appeared out of no where and as they fired he used his wand to reflect the beams. The lasers travelled along the side of the wall, ripping valuable wires and pipes as he realligned his staff to make the lasers hit the reactor. He succeeded, and caused the reactors shield to fizzle all together. The defense turrets went down automatically, exposing the bare energy beams in the reactor.

King Dedede: so do i hit it with my hammer now?

Simon: NO! If you so much as touch that energy youd be dead in a minute. We need to find some way to short circut the reactor with out touching it

Waddle Doo was actually the one to solve this puzzle. He picked up Gim and tossed him into the reactor core....................................................................... ...





What happened next? The final chapter, of course. The grand battle of good vs evil, coming up next. Please R/R. I really do hope your enjoying this, because its about to all fall apart.