Kirby: Right Back At Ya! Fan Fiction ❯ Tell Me the Time ❯ Time Wise ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fumu walked into the castle library rubbing her forehead in grogginess. Thinking she would be alone she didn't put on any shorts to her big baggy sleeping shirt, but Sir Meta Knight came into view in her best setting area when she wanted to study something extensively. She didn't even think of anything she wanted to look up - this was just "I can't sleep" behavior. With that in mind she started to creep backwards, but Meta Knight turned and looked straight at her. "Good morning. What are you doing up so early?" he asked in a gentle tone. "Oh! Umm... I don't know," she answered frozen in position. After a short pause and Fumu still stuck in her position Meta asked "Are you ok?" which unlocked her body when she came to relieve she was standing funny. "I'm so out of character when I wake up like this," is what she meant to say in her head, but it came out loud enough for Meta to hear. He let out a laugh chuckle in response as he put his book aside then said "You're more than welcome to come sit, if you like."

Fumu walked up and took the set across from the castle knight. Meta's eyes flashed a dark green as he observed the young lady take a sit that wasn't close to him. "Fumu, I can tell something's wrong," was all he had to say for her to look up to him with the saddest look on her face anyone had seen in a long time. "Aren't you and Kirby going to leave?" she suddenly asked. Meta Knight just stared at her without word. "The war's over... The way it was explained to me is that's what you were here for... And, now it's over. I've been waiting for you and Kirby to tell us when it's..." - she waved her hand upward - "time to say "goodbye"." She looked back down to her lap where her hands sat together - palms up.

"Even you've become more relaxed...," she continued, and the knight reminded quiet. He looked down slightly with a light green taking his gold eyes for a few seconds. "Nothing will ever be completely the same, but it's like everyone changed for the better. We even drove Dedede and Escargone out of our village. We did it together... as a brave community," she said and a soft smile appeared on her face. "I've been thinking about that, as well," Meta Knight finally said. She looked up the older Star Warrior. "Fumu--- Lady Fumu, do you want us to leave?" he asked and her smile disappeared into a despaired frown. It even looked as though she was about to cry. "No...," she whimpered. "I want you to stay with me forever!" she suddenly said in a louder volume, but not yet a yell. At this they both had a 5 second freeze. "Umm... I mean! I want you and Kirby at stay here with all of us forever! I just said that wrong! Sorry about that." She smiled nervously as she turned her face away and waved her hand dismissively. "Forever is a long time," came from Meta Knight in his pre-Nightmare battle tone. Hearing his voice so serious made her turn to him with a more serious nervous expression. "I know that. I know it's too much to ask." She glared down to the stone floor. "Even I don't want to stay in Pupupu Village my whole life. There's so much more of Popstar to see. And, you can Kirby have a way of seeing move of the universe... Maybe even more than that."

She looked back over to the puffball knight with a defeated expression. "So, you just want to make sure you get you goodbye when we leave?" he asked tilting his head slightly. "There's nothing this place has to offer you for you to want to stay." As much as she wanted to state that as a question, she couldn't bring herself to think a small village with a bad restaurant no technology and crazy people running it would be anywhere near comparative to much greater things she assumes he's seen in his travels. "Lady Fumu--" "Please stop calling me that. I hate how detached it makes me feel." she said putting a hand to her face. "Fumu, then... What do you think I've seen?" he asked putting his arms on the table. When she was forced to think about she suddenly didn't know. "Beautiful things... Ugly things...," she answered purposefully. "I was born into the war, Fumu. Not a lot of pretty things. At a young age my parents were already gone, and I was forced into the life of a fighter. The most beautiful thing I've seen is the stars I drifted while I escaped the war-torn planets that were brutally ravaged by Nightmare."

Fumu's face softened in empathy, but she continued eye contact with him instead of looking down again. "And, then I met you. I never thought I would be able to watch such a smart, kind, attractive life form mature, without being cut down in its prime. You're prime has yet to come, but you have a chance to have a much happier and safer life than so many others." He didn't look away from her for a moment as his explained his case, and by now her face was pink. "Attractive..." she repeated.”Oh," - she nervously laughed - “thank you. You're too kind!" She had developed that as a great come-back to those types of statements as an easy way to get out of it to change the subject or leave. "But, back to the matter at hand...," she said, but in a much lighter mood. Meta Knight hummed before answering. "I can't speak for Kirby, but I know I won't be going anywhere for a long time. I think Sword and Blade like it here, so regardless of what I do they are very likely to stay, as well," he added needlessly.

Fumu smiled softly and closed her eyes with relief. "You want me to stay with you forever. Maybe that can happen," he suddenly said with his eye flashing pink. "If I left would you want to come with me?" She opened her eyes and put a big smile on. "I don't know," she said without thinking. "You would have to teach me more about fighting, if I did that." To that he nodded in agreement, but someone as skilled as him couldn't foresight what the pale yellow lady was going to do next. Fumu crawled onto the table and made her way to the surprised knight on all 4's. She kissed him on his covered forehead with an audible "smooch", swung herself off the table and waved at him before leaving. His eyes continuously changed color as it set in that he was just kissed by the young woman he had come to have feelings for, how they just had kind of a confession discussion, and how her baggy sleeping shirt gave him a very open view from being kissed on the forehead.

END!