Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ After Images ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After Images
A "Kyou Kara Maou" Fanfiction
By Andrea Readwolf [andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com]
Chapter:
1/1
Rating:
PG
Pairings/Characters:
Robert/"Bob", Jose, and…
Genre:
speculation
Warnings: pre-series

Spoilers:
Murata Ken
Summary:
She snatched at the opportunity when she found it.

Disclaimer:
Story idea and any original characters are property of Andrea Readwolf. "Kyou Kara Maou" is property of....

Date Started:
June 2005
Word Count:
 
 
Soft, delicately scented arms warped around his middle as a warm body pressed against his back.
 
"Hard day?" she hazarded, pressing her cheek against his shoulder.
 
He patted her hand-- a subtle signal to let go-- and smiled as he went to fix himself a drink. "Not hard, but eventful," he replied, taking a large swallow. "I received a request from another world. It seems their guardian fears for the safety of their next king and requests his soul be born here on Earth."
 
"Another world?" she queried.
 
"Mmm. Shin Makoku, this one's called."
 
Her dark brown eyes widened in surprised. It wasn't unusual for the different worlds to intermix, but... "What will you do?"
 
"Well, it would be bad relations to refuse, wouldn't it?" he teased, taking her up in his arms and kissing her throat.
 
She welcomed him readily with her arms and body, taking him into her with lust and gusto. It was much later when they lay spent and recovering from their forth bout that evening, that Robert finally slipped away to the land of dreams.
 
She slipped out of bed and slid smoothly into her satin robe, padding softly into the home office. A quick tap on the mouse woke the computer from its hibernation, and her reflection illuminated like a ghost on the surface of the glass before pixilated images appeared to chase her face's image away.
 
It was anything but difficult to find what she was looking for. Robert was organized to the anal level. And, yes, there it was: the record of the request, today's date, received early this morning---that man always had a horrible sense of timing, she remembered fondly.
 
Other information listed included the soul-to-be-transferred's previous name---that was surprising. A von Wincott. She wondered if they were still practicing possession--and the name of the deliverer--a Sir Weller; a name that also had a familiar ring to it, although she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Human, she thought. Again, another surprising circumstance. Just what had been happening in Shin Makoku, she wondered.
 
Underneath these scant details was a box check-marked "request approved."
 
This could be her chance, she realized. If she played her cards right, she could return to Shin Makoku, that world that seemed to only exist in her mind. The memories for which they had tried to label her crazy and lock her up as a child. She wasn't crazy. She wasn't! But she remembered things that had never happened. Things that were impossible. She wasn't a bad child, her mother cried. He father refused to look at her, sayin she was demon-touched.
 
They probably would have happily killed her if a kindly traveling shamen hadn't offered to take her away. He claimed his spirit guides told him to come. He'd explained that the memories in her head really were memories, that she wasn't crazy. He helped her.
 
And then those bastards came and killed him. Accused him of horrendous crimes and lynched him using his own instestines---
 
No. No, that was a different memory, she shook her head to clear it, frowning. It had been a long day. Her mind and body were tired; sometimes it was difficult to keep the memories in order.

What had she been doing? Oh, yes... Shin Makoku. The next Maou's soul would be reborn here on Earth. But where?
 
The child should grow in a healthy environment, with at least one parent demon-blooded. A good, strong education was a must.
 
Those two factors right there eliminated just about every country in the world, but she realized she was just a little prejudice, being an aficionado of knowledge, so she added a few more countries back to the short list.
 
In the end, she settled on Japan. The natural dark coloring of the Japanese would impress the Makoku, an after-image effect of Daikenja's Chinese heritage. The Japanese education system was strict. Plus, she really wanted an excuse to wear a fancy kimono--it had been *centuries*!
 
And it would be a nice reward for a very good friend and dear soul. Jose would thank her for forcing him to go to Japan. She could think of no other soul she would trust with her own soul.
 
She would leave the decision of Shin Makoku's Maou's parentage to Robert. Now she needed to decide who her next parents would be.