Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ But I Don't Like Boys? ❯ Go With Me? ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

But I Don't Like Boys? by Shukumei
 
Disclaimer: Same as before
 
Warnings/Spoilers: This does take place after the end of the anime series, but as of right now, there's not too much in the way of spoilers. This is a boy/boy love story (and other gay relationships most likely), and therefore, two guys will be involved in a relationship together. Also, rating may or may not go up in later chapters.
 
Author yapping: I apologize that this chapter isn't too interesting. It's basically a transition chapter… and it wasn't originally planned. And that's probably why it didn't take too long
 
-o-o-
 
Chapter 13: Go With Me?
 
Yuri blew bubbles in his bath water, mulling and brooding over the recent turn of events. The hot water made steamy clouds in the chilly air; despite the end of winter, the cold still ventured into the stony castle walls, and Yuri didn't want to get out of the blissful temperature. Upon seeing his wrinkled fingers as he poked them above the water though, Yuri was beginning to change his mind. Just a few more minutes.
 
The king swam around in his shallow bath pool, carefully keeping all of his body under the water to avoid the cold. It seemed that one date wasn't really enough for someone to muddle through their feelings and realize what they meant, so Yuri knew he'd have to go on another date with Wolfram. Really though, what difference did a date make? They were alone quite often, talking, arguing, or whatever it is that they were doing at the time. Except not doing, of course… Yuri shook his head to quickly toss that wandering thought aside. He and Wolfram had slept in the same bed for over half a year now; surely, they had time to talk alone then. Oh God, that night was going to be so awkward.
 
Yuri lazily walked up the steps to dry off, met the change in temperature, and instantly dropped back into the water. Not that it was that cold; it just felt better in the bath. He leaned against the bath wall, resting his head on the ground behind him as he stared through the steam at the ceiling. Was he going to have to be physical with Wolfram now that they had kissed? There were bases to cover though, bases that shouldn't be skipped, but did Wolfram know that?
 
Yuri scoffed at his ridiculous thoughts. He hadn't even made it to first base with Wolfram, not really. This was more of a foul ball; the hope of first base was there, and he hadn't struck out, but he'd have to try again. Why the hell was he thinking about stuff like that?! Yuri dropped his head under the soapy water for a moment as if that could clean out his mind.
 
He resurfaced and quickly pulled himself out of the bath to grab his towel. Normally, he'd have a servant or two that soaped, rinsed, and dried him, or Wolfram when he pestered Yuri into letting him to do it, but lately, he'd been fending them off, wanting nothing more than to take care of himself and relax, especially for a bath. He'd had his fair share of wandering hands, and surprisingly, they had never been Wolfram's. Not that he wanted Wolfram's hands wandering; he just didn't want anyone's hands straying from where they should be. Those few servants that had grazed a hand across his thigh or butt cheek definitely did not do so on accident. The touches made Yuri feel more awkward and nervous than turned on, and he always kicked someone out the moment they made an inappropriate move. He found he had more problems like that when he had shared a bath with someone, rather than alone with just one servant.
 
Yuri dried his hair with the towel, realizing that he sounded like a sexual harassment victim and laughed. It didn't change his opinion on men though, or the few women that had snuck in sometimes, Yuri just tried to avoid or immediately reprimand the situation. Before he had become the Maou, he might have let some of things slide, simply out of embarrassment. Perhaps Wolfram was right when he said everyone was out to get into the King's pants.
 
He found it strange that Wolfram hadn't tried anything while they were bathing, there certainly was the opening for it, and the prince joked about it every now and then, but he never followed through with the offer or threat. Yuri knew Wolfram was interested, especially from the comment he had made yesterday about wanting him, and he was comforted to know that the blonde was willing to not step over any lines. Then again, the King may have tried to run away the moment that happened, and Wolfram would have lost any ground he had made thus far. And yet, that made him a little nervous, too. If Wolfram was constantly walking on eggshells around him, and Yuri started to let his guard down, would Wolfram eventually test his boundaries?
 
Maybe trying out this dating thing was actually a worse idea than trying to avoid it. If Wolfram got a taste of what things could be like, and then was rejected, Yuri could be in for some serious trouble. But Yuri would never figure anything out if he didn't attempt a relationship. So in the end, Yuri was really the one testing the waters.
 
-o-o-
 
After lunch, Yuri joined Wolfram and Greta in the gardens for their floral arrangements rendezvous. Although those few hours went smoothly, Yuri royally sucked at making flower necklaces. And try as Greta might, she just couldn't get her father to understand the gentle technique it took to make a hole in the flower stem and then to thread another stem through that hole.
 
Wolfram's flower crown didn't look much better, but then again, he had some strange artistic eye that Yuri couldn't understand. The crown had a haphazard pattern with different flowers randomly placed in the ring, and they were unevenly placed. At least Wolfram was able to finish it.
 
But Greta praised her Papa Wolfram over the crown, placing it on her head and spinning in circles. Before the Sun had set, she had made two matching crowns which she gave to Yuri and Wolfram, a necklace and a bracelet she put on herself, and a singular pink flower ring she was going to save for Anissina.
 
-o-o-
 
“Hey, Wolfram,” Yuri said as he finished a bite of his fruit. He placed his fork back onto his plate and smiled when Wolfram turned to him with a `hm?'. “Do you want to come with me to pick up Ao?”
 
By now the buzz of what had actually transpired this morning had made their ways around the castle, so Yuri didn't feel the need to hide the fact that Ao was elsewhere. Of course, some of the rumors were ridiculously over-exaggerated with stories of eloping, a failed runaway, and even a threesome made it in there somehow.
 
Wolfram cut a piece of meat and gingerly chewed it. “You mean to see Amelia?” He waved his empty fork at Yuri. “I saw the way you looked at her.”
 
Yuri slammed his fork on the table after he took a bite of fruit again. “You were blindfolded!”
 
The blonde stabbed another piece of meat. “I know you were looking at her. Don't try to fool me, cheater. Amelia was always a beautiful girl, probably your type.”
 
“My type?!” Yuri roughly stood up from his chair, causing the others seated at the table to rise as well. He paused and blushed, realizing they were standing out of courtesy to the king. “Ah, sorry. Please, sit back down.” Yuri looked at Wolfram with a slight glare. “Except for you. We're taking this out into the hallway.” He motioned at the rest of the table. “Please continue your meal.”
 
Wolfram followed Yuri with an indifferent look as his family and Gunter took their seats again. He grimaced as his mother waved and shouted, “Gook luck!” A guard opened the door for them, and the two stepped into the hallway.
 
Wolfram leaned against the wall with his back, crossing his arms over his chest. “What now, wimp?”
 
“You're so frustrating, Wolfram,” Yuri said, drawing his hand up to his forehead. “I just don't understand what your problem is. I understand your jealousy, but you need to get over it. If I become interested in someone, you'll be the first to know.”
 
“So there might be someone in the picture, after all?” Wolfram stared down the long hallway.
 
“No!” Yuri snapped. “There might not even be a you in the picture if you don't stop acting like this! Trust, Wolfram. You just have to trust me.” The king stepped towards the prince, placing both hands on the wall on either side of Wolfram's head. “I don't think I've really every been interested in someone. I've thought someone was beautiful or nice, but I never gave the notion of dating them a thought, since they were always out of my league. Even as king, where I could have anyone I wanted almost, I still don't feel anything romantic.”
 
“But there was Elizabeth,” Wolfram pointed out, staring Yuri in the eyes.
 
Yuri didn't break away from Wolfram's gaze, but he did frown slightly. “As if that would have worked out. Another girl that was interested in someone better-looking. It's the way things tend to work. I knew better than to get my hopes up.” He pushed off the wall and stood back to look at Wolfram. “And as for Amelia, yes, she's very pretty, but I hardly know her, and apparently, I'm not her type. So I think that rules out something happening between us.
 
“And I swear, if this Amelia girl is another one of your non-fiancée deals, I get to be the one calling you a cheater.” Yuri grinned at Wolfram. So are you coming with me, or not?”
 
Wolfram nodded.
 
Yuri walked to the dining room door and turned back to Wolfram. “Let's finish our dinner, and then we'll go for a short visit.”
 
-o-o-
 
Two of Wolfram's personal guards joined the king and prince on their trip to Amelia's, convincing them to take a carriage since it was getting dark. This time though, they knocked at the front entrance.
 
“Why did we have to go through the back the first time then?” Yuri asked Wolfram.
 
“I'll explain when we're not in public.”
 
“Oh, it's like one of those secret code things…” Yuri whispered.
 
Wolfram nodded. “I guess.”
 
Amelia answered the door after a few knocks. “Oh, Your Majesty.” When she eyeballed the guard standing behind them, she smiled. “Not taking the back-route out of town, I see.”
 
The two boys smiled with a small blush, and Amelia fully opened the front door. “You must be here to pick up Ao then.” She shut the door behind her. “Follow me; we have to go through the side gate to get to the stables.” Amelia smiled at Wolfram as she passed. “Good to see your pretty green eyes again, Your Excellency.”
 
Yuri gently slugged Wolfram in the shoulder and laughed jokingly. “Now who's the cheater?”
 
Wolfram growled at his fiancé. “As if you aren't staring at her. Those pants don't leave much to the imagination.”
 
Amelia whirled around and threw her hands on her hips, glaring daggers at Wolfram. “And what on Shin Makoku is that supposed to mean, Wolfram? If you're going to talk behind someone's back, do so where they can't hear you. These happen to be riding pants. They're supposed to be tight.”
 
Wolfram halted and visibly paled. “I-"
 
“-Didn't think,” Amelia continued. “I'm a married woman, Wolfram, and the two of you are betrothed. Although, I hear there are conflicts with that arrangement, I know there's got to be some sense of loyalty between you two. I would have thought you had grown up by now, Wolfram.”
 
“You cheated on me!” Wolfram shouted at Amelia.
 
“That was ten years ago!” Amelia shouted back.
 
“You're married?” Yuri suddenly asked. Both Amelia and Wolfram stopped glaring at one another long enough to look at the king whom was searching her left hand with his eyes.
 
Amelia held up her right hand, revealing a thin silver band on her ring finger. “Yes, I am, Your Majesty.”
 
Yuri took her right hand and studied the simple band.
“We couldn't afford much, Your Majesty.” Amelia tucked a blue strand of hair behind her ear with her free hand.
 
“No, I like it. Women on Earth tend like these huge and gaudy rings, with gigantic diamonds. But I was more curious as to why it was on your right hand.” Yuri gave her her hand back, surprised that Wolfram hadn't pummeled him for touching her.
 
“Are rings worn on the left hand on Earth, Your Majesty?” Amelia looked at her wedding band and smiled.
 
Yuri shrugged. “I know they're like that in Japan and I think in America, too. I'm not sure about the rest of the world.”
 
“Wait,” Wolfram cut in, “whatever happened to Marie?”
 
“Marie?” Yuri gave Wolfram a confused look.
 
“Silly,” Amelia smiled broader, “we got married.”
 
Wolfram's eyes opened wide. “Really?!”
 
Suddenly, Yuri's eyes opened wider. “You're a lesbian?!”
 
-o-o-
 
End chapter 13.
 
Okay, as for timeframe, I wasn't really sure when to go with this. Yuri was born in July (right?) and had been 15 in the series, and it didn't sound like he had really recently turned 15 either. So I took that the series might have started in September or something with the start of school. (Then again, Japan has a different education system… Blah.) But he hadn't yet turned 16 by the end (`cause of that 16-year ceremony thing that still makes no sense!), so a year hadn't gone by. So I guestimated at least a few months had gone by in the series, if not more. It seems that my story picks up sometime at the very beginning of spring, probably in March or April.
 
I almost made Yuri sound like some rape victim or something… I was just yapping on about why he likes to takes baths alone now, and it started to sound like guys were taking advantage of him! But Yuri's strong and always stuck up for himself, not letting these perverts have their way with him. So no, it didn't alter his feelings for guys, I can't really explain how it didn't; it just didn't. It doesn't bother him, really; he's figuring out that that is the way some people are, and they need a proper kick in the shins. And no one ever touch him there.
 
I looked up some info about wedding rings, too. I found that in Germany, they're worn on the right hand, and that's why I choose for Shin Makoku to have it that way. Remember the German names?
 
Read and review, please!