Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ New World ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Kyou Kara Maoh.
Sayo: Hi kids! Submitted for the perusal of everybody is “New World”, my second Kyou Kara Maou effort. I wanna take this opportunity to once again thank everybody who left comments for “Over the Threshold”. This new one is for all of you.
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o0o0o0o
Wolfram was decidedly bored. His only intent in marrying Yuuri was love, nothing more, and he disinterestedly blew away blonde bangs from his eyes at all this talk about titles and the Royal Consort's role in the kingdom, as Wolfram never wanted to rule. Out of politeness to the council though (and to pretend to make a show of his attentiveness to the afternoon's proceedings) he whined, “So what is my title again?”
Yuuri deliberated on the question so seriously that Lord Gwendal von Voltaire with his grey-black hair, stern face and cold, calculating blue eyes, beamed at Yuuri as only he could in his inimitable stoic way when the King addressed Wolfram, “Well, love, since you are not female you can't be a queen, and I believe you to be my equal, if not my superior in all matters of protocol.” Yuuri surmised, crossing his arms over his chest and nodding to himself, something that his spouse found rather comical, and therefore foolish. Yuuri had only pointed at the obvious, and hadn't really answered his question. This was one of the problems with being the one setting instead of following a precedent.
“Yuuri, you wimpy idiot,” Wolfram hissed, his voice almost inaudible and seething with anger. “You are the King of the realm. I was born into the nobility as the son of a former Demon Queen, but since The Great One chose you to succeed him as the 27th Maou, that supersedes all protocol!” Wolfram finally yelled, his green eyes flaring, challenging the King to disagree. Gwendal's brow was twitching in distaste of the sudden turn of affairs, and Lord Conrad Weller, the brown-haired and brown-eyed soldier who was the head of Yuuri's royal bodyguard and who was also his godfather, sat back and smiled his usual indulgent smile. Wolfram was his and Gwendal's youngest brother, and Conrad let his baby brother have his way now as ever before. It seems that even King Yuuri has gotten with the program.
“And don't patronize me, Weller!” Lord Wolfram von Bielfeld, third of former Demon Queen Cecilie von Spitzveg's brood and now spouse to the 27th Demon King Yuuri Shibuya, wrathfully bellowed at his brother who just kept on smiling.
Yuuri just scrunched his jet-black eyes shut as he smiled and just waved the threats to himself and his council off. “Have it your way, honey,” He replied good-naturedly, thinking how ineffably cute his other half looked when he's angry.
Wolfram bit his lip and thought he might do so until said lip bled. He was that cross. And hungry. He might be cross because he was so hungry. Without another word Wolfram stood up from the council table fuming and bolted through the door, heading straight for the kitchens where he would demand a meal to be prepared. He usually ate sparingly, but today, he felt like he could eat a horse for some reason. Maybe it was because… Wolfram blushed. He hadn't had breakfast because he'd slept in after he and and the raven-haird monarch… several times…
“Daddy!” A little girl's voice called out, snapping Wolfram out of his reverie. It was Princess Greta, his and Yuuri's little girl, and Wolfram immediately spun around, sat down on his heels and waited for his adopted daughter to come running into his arms. “Good morning Daddy! Are you going to the kitchens too? `Cause I'm kind of hungry and I was having second thoughts about going there. But if you want to eat together, that'll be great!” Greta exclaimed, positively beaming at her adopted father whom she thought looked perfect, what with his golden hair, his green, emerald-like eyes, and his mouth which can be stern like her Uncle Gwendal's but which always curled in a wide smile for her.
All of Wolfram's irritation from this morning's happenings all evaporated at the sight of his little princess' smile. “I'm actually starving, my darling princess, and now that you have mentioned it, I think this will prove to be a fun time,” in comparison to sitting in Council discussing titles! Wolfram's brow began to twitch again at the thought.
“Daddy? Did I say something improper? Would you rather we eat at the State Dining Hall instead of in the kitchens?” was Greta's half-fearful query.
Wolfram laid a gentle hand on his daughter's mass of red hair and kissed her cheek reassuringly. “No, sweetheart. The kitchens will be fine for just Daddy and his favorite daughter,” Wolfram answered, his green eyes taking on the proudest fatherly glow. He was raising her right. His daughter was going to be a royal through and through, thank Shinou for that.
“But I am your only daughter, Daddy!” Greta proclaimed, laughing.
Wolfram smiled back. But had a feeling at the pit of his stomach that, if his gut feel was right (about matters aside from the hunger pangs he was experiencing at that moment), the truth of the statement might not stay true for long.