Labyrinth Fan Fiction ❯ Heard About A Place Today ❯ A crystal, nothing more ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: The characters of Jareth, the goblins, Hoggle, or any other characters and creatures related to Labyrinth are the property of Jim Henson Productions. We are in no way affiliated with this company. However, new and original characters, creatures, places within the Underground and evolution of the Goblin King are ours. We do not own any other miscellaneous affiliations such as from shows, books, movies, titles, etc. This story is for entertainment purposes only. So please do not sue.
The content of the fan fiction is written with a mature audience in mind. Comments are welcomed. Enjoy!
O O O


Chapter One: A Crystal, Nothing More




The Goblin King was waiting for her with his arms folded. She advanced upon him. "Give me the child," she said.

He paused before answering. "Sarah beware. I have been generous until now, but I can be cruel."

"Generous!" She advanced another step. "What have you done that was generous?"

"Everything. I have done everything you wanted." He took a pace back, into the shadow of the archway. "You asked that the child be taken. I took him. You cowered before me. I was frightening." Taking another step away from her, he gestured in the air. "I have reordered time," he told her.

Sarah's lips were parted. "Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City "

Jareth was retreating step by step up a staircase behind the archway. Sarah continued to advance, into the archway. " to take back the child you have stolen," she recited. "For my will is as strong as yours "

Sarah's fists were clenched white. She was thinking frantically. What were her right words?

"Kingdom as great...," she muttered. "…kingdom as great..." She gasped, and, from some inspired recess of her mind, the words came out, blurted out.

"You have no power over me."





"Wouldn't it be great if we could wish our sisters away?" Stephanie said stretching unto her back across the carpeted floor, staring up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, some days it would be nice," Her friend Chantal said as she rolled over on the bed from her back to her stomach, to look down at Stephanie on the floor. She was staying at Stephanie's for the weekend, both girls lived a few hours drive apart.

"And be turned into goblins," Stephanie said as she sat up. They had started a discussion about different kinds of wishes, mostly to find a way to get rid of their younger sisters; their methods and Stephanie had mentioned the story with a certain kind of wish, one by means of goblins. Within the Underground, the ones that are wished away would stay in the castle belonging to the Goblin King for all eternity and be turned into one like them. "But I would feel sorry for him, the Goblin King I mean, and I'll have to go and get her." she finished with a sigh as she stood up and grabbed Legend, her favorite white teddy bear. "No one, not even the Goblin King deserves to be stuck with her for all eternity."

Chantal slid off the bed and sat down beside Stephanie. "You're right," She said giggling. "It definitely wouldn't be fair for the goblins to have to put up with our sisters."

Stephanie nodded and giggled as well. They talked about other things and a few too many times, were interrupted by knocks on the bedroom door for little pointless things. Finally annoyed of getting disturbed almost every five minutes, Stephanie got to her feet again.

"Come on. Let's go for a walk by the school," Stephanie grabbed Chantal's wrist, rushed out of her room and quickly flew down the stairs. She left Chantal at the base of the stairs, turned the corner and stopped at the basement doorway. "Mom, we're going for a walk!" the brown haired, seventeen year old yelled into the basement. She waited for an answer before joining Chantal and putting on their shoes. When they were ready, Stephanie closed the screen door behind them.

It was a little after supper, the sun was still out and it was warm enough to go out without a coat. They walked in silence until they reached the side of the highway, which wasn't far; in fact, it barely took them two minutes to get there. The traffic was light and soon they were on the other side. There was a hill on the left and a path leading into a small part of woods that led behind a High School, on the right. "Let's try this way," Stephanie suggested, pointing right. "I've taken the left path too many times, time for a change." The path was pretty much clear except for low branches which she pushed away so as not to scratch her face.

Chantal's thoughts suddenly went back to their previous conversation. "I wish..." Chantal stopped walking.

Stephanie heard Chantal say something but didn't quite catch it. She turned around. "What did you say Chantal?"

Chantal was gone.

"Chantal where are you?" Stephanie cried out as she searched for her friend. There was only silence. "You're not lost are you?"

There was a small breeze, it moved the leaves. It was the only movement that Stephanie could see. She squinted through the thin trees, hoping to catch a glimpse of Chantal. "Come on, this isn't funny!" A branch snapped behind her.

"Chantal?" Stephanie whispered.

Suddenly hands seized her shoulders. Stephanie screamed out in surprise.

"Gotcha!" Chantal yelled grinning.

"Don't do that!" Stephanie said as she ran after Chantal who ran out of the woods and was going up the steep hill. "That wasn't funny!" At the top, Stephanie finally caught up and only saw Chantal's back as though she was tying her shoes. She stood right behind Chantal; a small push and she would tip over, but she decided not to have her revenge just yet. "I'll get you back," Stephanie said as she turned around. "When you least "

Chantal got up and stood facing her friend. "What?"

"You didn't!" Stephanie said, her brown eyes wide, staring at Chantal.

"Didn't what?"

Stephanie pointed behind Chantal, who turned around to face the direction her friend was pointing. The usual scenery of roofs, familiar houses, trees and the highway weren't there as Stephanie knew well; instead there was a rising sun, a small path leading toward a vast Labyrinth with a shadowed castle far off into the distance.