Labyrinth Fan Fiction ❯ Project: Underground ❯ Vanished doors ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter Two: Vanished Doors




"Where did the doors go? Weren't they here the last time we were here?" Chantal asked as she looked around for the entrance.

"It must have vanished whenever the castle became shielded," Stephanie replied looking around too. She then turned to the Goblin King. "Do you have any ideas??"

Jareth just crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow.

Chantal turned around. "Hey, hold on a sec! Isn't that dwarf supposed to live around here somewhere?"

"Yeah!! I wonder if he is around," Stephanie said looking around. She spotted the small pond, but no little dwarf in sight.

"Damn, maybe if he was around then he could help us inside," Chantal sighed.

Jareth just shook his head. "How would that incompitant little dwarf help us?"

Chantal shrugged. "It was just an idea. You never know where you will get help."

Jareth groaned. "Fine, fine!" He walked up to the wall, a hand on his hip, almost glaring at the wall. "HOGGLE!" he yelled out.

Suddenly a rock in the wall moved and a pair of eyes appeared.

"What do you want?" a voice said from the other side of the wall. The eyes then darted over to the Goblin King. "Oh! It's you."

"Get out here Hoggle!" Jareth snapped.

"You have been kicked out of the castle, I don't have to listen to you anymore," Hoggle replied.

"I am warning you Hoggle! I still have my powers. Do not try my patience," Jareth said dryly.

Hoggle's eyes grew wide, he quickly closed the rock window and opened the door and came out. The little dwarf stood in front of the Goblin King, a frightened look on his face. He looked over and spotted the two girls.

"Who are your friends, Majesty?" he asked.

"My name is Stephanie, and this is my friend Chantal," Stephanie stepped in before Jareth could reply.

"Hello!" he said with a little bow. The objects in his bag of baubles clinked together with a pleasant sound. He seemed a lot friendlier than he was with Sarah at the beginning, Stephanie noted.

"Hello!" Chantal echoed as she smiled. Serek let out a little chirp.

Jareth crossed his arms and stared at Hoggle then at Chantal. "Now that the pleasantries are done, can we get going?"

Chantal grinned and motioned towards the small door. "After you!"

Stephanie sighed and shook her head. "I'll go first!!"

She turned towards the open door, she crouched down and walked through the door. Hoggle followed right behind her with no trouble at all. Chantal turned toward the Goblin King.

"You first," she said motioning for him to go through the door.

Jareth mumbled something under his breath and walked towards the small entrance. He bent down and started to squeeze his way through. All of a sudden, he groaned.

"What was that Jareth? I didn't make that out!" Chantal asked.

"I think I'm stuck!" the Goblin King grumbled, trying to push himself through the doorway.

On the other side of the wall Stephanie tried to hide a giggle. "This sure isn't a good day for you is it??"

"No! Now help me get unstuck!"

"Say ‘please'," Stephanie said with a huge smile on her face.

Jareth grumbled and gave a warning glare at the girl.

"What? I can't hear you!!" Chantal said from the other side.

"Please help me," he grumbled, closing his eyes.

"Well I guess that is better than nothing. Hey Chan!! Help me. You push and I'll pull with Hoggle." Stephanie yelled at her friend.

"Aw...do we's have to? Can't we's just leave him there?" Hoggle asked, eyeing the Goblin King.

"We promised to help him, that is why we are here, so that is what we are going to do," Stephanie told the dwarf.

"We pushing yet?" Chantal yelled from the other side.

"Bloody hell!" Jareth cursed.

"Hush or we will leave you there," Chantal told him.

"On three!!" Stephanie yelled.

"You aren't going to do like the last time are you?" Chantal asked recalling the time Stephanie had took a running leap of a platform in the Escher room.

"No, not this time. Ready??"

"Yep!"

Stephanie and Hoggle took hold of the Goblin King. Stephanie grabbed hold of one arm and placed a foot upon the wall next to Jareth as Hoggle grabbed hold of the other. Chantal placed her hands upon his back and got ready to push.

"One!! Two!! Three!!"

Stephanie and Hoggle began to pull and Chantal pushed.

Jareth winced as he felt his back slightly scrape against the small doorway.

"Ack! He's really stuck," Chantal said as she continued to push.

Suddenly Jareth was free and fell inwards. Stephanie and Hoggle had stumbled and backed out of the way, but Chantal had been pushing so hard that she fell forward, right onto the Goblin King.

"Do you mind?" Jareth asked staring at Chantal who was on top of him. Chantal just stared at him and she got to her feet.

"Don't ask for my help next time!" She told him as she petted Serek's little furry head.

"Shall we continue??" Stephanie asked.

Jareth got to his feet and looked at Stephanie. "Sounds like an idea."

Hoggle grumbled and followed as the two girls and the Goblin King started down the passageway.