Legal Drug Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

<Well now that chapter 2 is over with, it is now time for the next chapter. YAY! Making some progress here, Muwahahahahahah. Well now, to all my viewers, please do enjoy number three to the story of many to come. Your lovely author
-Li >
 
~ I sense a great danger…
You better protect him well…
Or else…
It will happen…~
 
“A God's village. This is amazing!” A fuel of interest drives me to run past the Shinto gates entering the village in eager to see what it is like to be in a world that is not exactly acute to my own.
 
“Kazahaya! Wait!” Pfft…he is so slow, I've seen turtles walk faster than him. “What did I tell you? We must be careful! Remember! This is a Kakei mission, so there is always going to be a catch.” I have to admit, he is right. Even an innocent mission like finding a cat is trouble when Kakei assigns it to us.
 
Just then something sprang out from the bushes to the right of us sending me into the air and into the arms of Rikuo. “KYAAAA!!!!”
 
“Hm…look who just leapt into my arms. Hehehehe” Stupid grin!
 
“Hello!” Huh? I hear a little girl's sweet voice ring throughout my ears as I look down from the tower in which I am captive at the moment. Standing before us was a little girl who looked about the age of ten with burning crimson hair and bright yellow eyes that could match gold. She smiled sweetly to the ogre and me as she welcomed us just before reaching further into the village.
 
He dropped me! I fell on the soft cushions of my behind making the fall not that hard but hard enough to make me want to rub my butt. I stand up to adjust my yukata brushing off any dirt that may be on it or enough to look decent. Bending down a little bit to reach her level, I smiled to her adoring her cute features. “Hello”
 
“My name is Shina! I am ten, I live alone with my grandfather in a temple, who are you?” Even when she speaks, her pitch is high like a child. I was so right about her age too, I'm so good, Heh. She is very trusting though, giving us her name and age? But her smile is very comforting and she is so cute, I want to hug her. She kind of reminds me of her, that smile is almost the same…
 
I smile even brighter now not caring much about being protective of myself.
 
“I am Kazahaya and this is Rikuo. It is a pleasure to meet you!”
 
“Why are you here? You are not from this village. Oh! Are you an angel mister? You look so pretty!”
 
“Huh?” I blink as I feel a soft delicate hands cup my cheeks lightly being tugged at. I look down at the girl for she is the one who was doing the tugging. A small blush stained her cheeks as she giggled. Heh, this girl, I can tell she is very special.
 
“Almost like a woman huh? He is a pretty angel isn't he Shina?” Why does he always spoil everything!!!
 
I saw her big eyes trail to Rikuo's face as she stepped back a little to take in the measurement of his height.
 
“WOW! You are really tall!!! Like a giant!!! Can I get on your shoulders?”
 
“MUWAHAHAHAHAH” Good girl! Even she can recognize a tower!
 
“Please?” she begged looking at Rikuo like a puppy as she continued to smile pleading with her hands together. Much to my surprise, Rikuo picked her up with no effort and slung her over his shoulders. He must be really strong; it has to be from all those boxes we carry around the store.
 
“YAY! Thank you Mister…Uh...Rikuo!” And always mister stonewall now does not talk much. You know, looking at Rikuo now, I noticed he has a lot of soft points. I wonder if he likes children? I bet he would love to have some on his own. As I pondered on that subject an image began to grow in my head.
 
*~* DayDream*~*
“Daddy!!!” A little girl who looked like Shina ran over to Rikuo jumping into his arms as he raised her above his head spinning her around him. They both look so happy as they giggle together.
 
Rikuo set the image of his daughter down as she clamped onto his hand holding on as she looked up smiling more to him he meeting her smile with his own.
 
Huh? Why did Rikuo raise his head? And why is he looking at me. He smiles directly at me and walks up to me stopping in front still holding the young girl's hand.
 
“She too needs to love of her mother as well” an image of myself then appeared as I lean my frame almost intimately against Rikuo's chest. I get on to my tipp toes puckering my lips to claim a spot on his cheek and then…”Kazahaya”
 
“AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I throw myself to the ground grasping on to my neck almost chocking myself as I began to cough a look of death signing a contract in my eyes. “WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!” I close my eyes tightly covering my mouth up with one of my hands to stop any backing up of food. Tears trail down my cheeks, as a look of terror takes over me and then, I faint.
 
“Kazzy are you okay?” I hear that cute voice.
 
“Yeah he is fine” I feel my body floating again. Just like that one day. This time I know I am not dead, but that image was a killer.
 
My eyes flicker about my eyelids as they begin to crake revealing my orbs. A color of many different browns and other hues paint my sights, as it seems that I am in a house. Lifting myself up from the mat I was set upon to rest I look around taking in the surroundings.
 
“Where am I?”
 
“We are at Shina's house. She and her grandfather are gratefully letting us stay here for our mission.” I am greeted to Rikuo's voice. He is seated right next to me; I guess he was watching over me. Thank God. Wait no! but at least it is not a stranger. I look at him with a look of remorse. He must have carried me here to this place. This is the second time. I bet he gets annoyed with it. I bow my head a bit letting my hair fall in my face.
 
“I'm sorry Rikuo” I start.
 
“Hm?”
 
“You must get tired of always catching me and rescuing me. I bet you get pretty annoyed” I smile sadly still feeling bad. He just sits there not moving. That must be bad. I stand up quickly not caring if I am well at the moment, I just feel so guilty, and it's not fair. “I didn't mean to. I'm really sorry.”
 
“Enough.” That sounded harsh
 
I'm losing balance! Oh no! I'm falling!
 
“……”
 
I feel big strong arms wrap around my half exposed chest as I am pulled in tightly. My back hits against flesh. I feel a pulse beating behind my back not to fast but not calm. I know this embrace, it is Rikuo's. My eyes widen, lips parting to let a gasp escape, as I am being pulled closer and held on to tighter.
 
I shudder slightly as fingertips brush lightly away at the hair on my neck feeling humid air touch my skin. “You do not have to apologize.”
 
I gasp again. Now my cheeks are turning hot and my breathing is picking its pace up.
“Ri-kuo…”
“What is it Kazahaya?”
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“I better ask you the same question”
 
I feel the wind knocked out of me as a rock was dropped on to my stomach!
 
“What the hell was that for?!”
 
“You need to wake up. C'mon, Shina is taking us back to her place. Maybe we can stay with her.”
 
“Hello Kazzy!!!” Shina looked at me smiling brightly, I probably scared her.
 
“Huh? You mean that was all a dream?” but it, felt so real…
 
“What kind of dream were you having, Hm? You were moaning and you said my name. It must have been good. Hehehehehehe” He grinned looking at me like a big stupid gorilla.
 
He let go of my hand and stood up still with Shina on his shoulders and moved towards the direction that Shina directed him to go. I stood myself up from the ground and began to walk behind them as I just realized something that came into my head. Rikuo held my hand? Wait, and then I must have picked up something from him while I was out. I picked up a feeling…No!
 
An emotion…
 
Rikuo…?
 
Shina had led the both of us to a temple that was just in the far back of the village. After climbing the ongoing stairs to the temple we passed through another gate resting on the flat ground of the temple. An elderly man with a hunched back walked out towards us as soon as he noticed Shina. Rikuo picked her up from under her shoulders and placed her gently on to the ground before she hastily ran to the old man hugging him.
 
“Grandpa!”
 
“Oh Shina, it seems you brought a couple of strays to us. Who are these gentlemen?” the old man spoke in a gruff voice due to old age as he looked at us.
 
“This is Rikuo and Kazahaya, but I call him Kazzy!!!”
 
“Oh I see, a pleasure to meet you gentlemen. Hm…” I don't like that look the old man is giving me. It gives me the creeps! He is just staring at me and giggling!!! I must hide! I silted over behind the human brick wall and peer out from behind.
 
“You sure are pair of handsome young men, especially the feminine looking one. You sir, Rikuo, look very strong.”
 
“Can they stay with us Grandpa? They are my new friends!” Shina jumped up yelling as joy was filling her voice and her smile claiming her face again.
 
“I see why not, we could use some help around here. That will be your fee for living here gentlemen. I expect good cleaning and cooking.”
 
“YAY! Thank you Grandpa! Isn't that great Kazzy?”
 
“Yes, it is.” A hint of sarcasm could be picked up from my answer, but I was mostly glad that we found a place to stay until we finish the assignment.
 
Night came quickly and I feel exhausted from all that traveling. Luckily, Shina's grandfather decided that we could start chores tomorrow understanding that we are weary from travel. I threw my form upon the mat that is placed upon the floor and turn to lie on my back using my right arm to cover over my eyes slightly. Looking to the left from the corners of my eyes, I see Rikuo's chest rising gently up and down. He must be sleeping. At that moment, a piece of the emotion that I have received from him earlier when I blacked out came back to me filling my sense with the emotions again.
 
I crawled from my bed and seated myself right next to the side of his head. I just stare at him for a while my fingers out of notion touched his cheek gently.
 
“Gah! What am I doing? I'm going to bed” and with that said I crawled under the sheets.
 
~
 
Well that was pretty long. This chapter is done and over with! We have a new character! Welcome Shina!!!!
 
Shina- Hello everyone!
 
Next time on “Shadow”! What will happen now? Our couple has made it to the village and has met a mysterious girl named Shina, what will she cause these two during their journey? And what about her grandpa? I don't know about you, but we will find out sooner or later! Next time on Shadow”
 
- Li <3