Legend Of Dragoon Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend of Dragoon II ❯ The Statues Upon the Wave Dancer ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
___________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________
Chapter 26) The Statues Upon the Wave Dancer

As Orrin took the frist step onto the deck of the ship, he looked to the left and right, to see how far it extended each way. The ship was indeed an impressive sight. The floors were spotless, and they almost seemed to be reflective. "That won't last after we take off, for sure," he thought. Everyone else came aboard the ship, and Tammy followed them up the ramp. She instructed the nearest crewsman to take the group to their rooms and await for departure, and the crewsman quickly obeyed.

The crewsman led the way to the large structure, and he saw to it that he didn't dawdle. Orrin had been so used to their lax pace that he was having trouble keeping up. Although, once they were all in the structure, he slackened his pace to a more casual one. There wasn't a whole lot of room in the hallway of the structure, but it was still as impressive as the exterior. The floor was carpeted, the walls were covered in beautiful wall papers, and a fragrance drifted in the air. Halfway down the hall, the crewsman stopped before two nearby doors. "We are sorry for the rooming inconvenience, but another room has been prepared. It's not as big as the other, but both rooms hold two beds, and the larger room houses four." He opened each room, the bigger first. The smaller room wasn't as grandeur as the bigger, but there did seem to have been an effort to make the room nicer.

"I'll allow you to divide yourselves to the rooms now. Someone will come to get you when dinner is ready tonight." He turned and left at his original rushing pace. The hall was silent until Rashe'm said, "I'll take the smaller room." He took his belongings into the room, and he was soon followed by Al, "I'll do the same." After Al entered the room, he shut the door. Orrin, Liza, and Derreck entered the larger room, which was decorated with some very expensive-looking items. There were two pictures hung in the room, one of a grassy plain, and the other of a city Orrin had never seen, possibly even a fictional one. The city picture seemed too ethereal. The statue in the center stuck out in contrast to the rest of the painting, it was obviously the focus of the artist.

Orrin stared at the city picture still until he heard Liza jumping onto the nearest bed. As he turned, he was Derreck giving that disapproval glare, and Liza sat up in that eerie proper manner after doing something silly. He walked past them to his bed, and he set his things next to it on the floor. There was a knock at the door, and it made Orrin jump with a start. Rashe'm stood at the door. "Hey, there's something in our room that Al thinks you need to see." Rashe'm turned and left for his room after delivering his message. Out of curiosity, Orrin immediately followed him.

Al stood before a painting. When Orrin entered the room, he saw that Al seemed to be in deep thought. He went to stand next to him and looked at what Al seemed to be trying to figure out. The painting looked quite similar to the city picture in Orrin's room. Although, the city was entirely different. It even contained a castle. Al spoke finally, "Orrin, do ya know where this picture is a painting of?" Orrin didn't know, he did come from the desert, after all. He shook his head, and Al continued, "This is Bale." Orrin remembered that the Queen had mentioned Bale as one of their destinations. "So, there's a Dragoon Spirit there?"

"It's very possible," said Al, "I even have an idea where to look first..." As Al trailed off, Orrin noticed exactly what Al was looking at. It was a statue of a person. It even looked like the statue in the painting in his room because it stood out against the city, although this picture was in more detail. "The statue?" inquired Orrin. Al only nodded. "When we visit the castle, we'll have to ask about the sta-" Al was cut off by Orrin, "This kinda looks like the picture in our room." Al looked at Orrin for a few seconds, and then rushed past to go to Orrin's room.

Orrin rushed after Al into his room next door. He once again found Al standing in front of a painting, the city one. He took a place next to Al again, not noticing that Liza had sidled up to them while Derreck remained on the bed. Al spoke after some time of staring, "It's just as the Queen explained it, this has to be Seles." Orrin also recalled that name. It was the other city the Queen mentioned. The chances of the pictures being a coincidence seemed preposterous by now. Orrin spoke up, "Do you think a Dragoon Spirit is in the statue?" Al took time before replying, "I don't see why not. The statue of Miranda held the Silver-White Dragoon Spirit in its hand... This statue and the statue in Bale seem to be holding out a hand in the same manner. The Bale statue, I'm pretty sure, was King Albert. This one isn't as clear, but I have a feeling it's a statue of Dart Feld."

Orrin noticed that all of the excitement brought his heart to a fast beating. It took another jolt as someone knocked on the door. His tension caused him to fall backwards. As he clutched his chest, he looked up to see it was Tammy. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have knocked so loud... I didn't realize you were looking at that picture so intently." Orrin got up, "I'm fine." Al then said, "This picture and the picture in the other room are very interesting to us." Tammy replied, "That's wonderful! Perhaps you'll have time to look at the others."