Legend Of Dragoon Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend of Dragoon II ❯ Rough Waters ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
___________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________
Chapter 31) Rough Waters

In light of the insane events seeming to happen all at once, Rashe'm slipped the white stone into his pocket. Rashe'm and Al dashed to their rooms for their weapons, and Orrin took the opportunity to get his spear ready. Al and Rashe'm returned and the four ran from the room. Orrin was burning with a question though, "Do you think it's Derreck?" The first to reply was Rashe'm, "Who else could it be? And I'm ready to kill that fu-" Al cut him off. "I know yer pissed off, Rashe'm, but watch yer language." No one said anything afterward.

The long hallway began to feel endless. But once they stepped out onto the deck, they noticed that the sky had taken a darker cast, possibly even ready to storm. A few crewsman ran by off to the left, so the four's best guess was that Derreck, or whoever it was, was to their right. Orrin quickly remembered just how big the ship was when they still hadn't reached wherever the trouble was coming from. A looming figure soon became apparent. They all expected to see Derreck, with a terrible smirk on his face and his brilliant platinum hair making him seem more malicious. It was not Derreck though. At the end of the deck stood a man in a faded purple cloak. Orrin's eyes widened when he realized that he had bumped into the man earlier.

It wasn't long before they realized that the man in the purple cloak wasn't the only one there. There was a crewman standing off to the side. The only thing odd with the scene was the crewman's blank face, as well as the fresh blood on his shirt. The cloaked man began to chuckle. "Oh, my... I never imagined such Great Heroes would let two people die. You took so long getting here, I became bored." They all knew then that he was the one who called them out, and that he was bad news. Al was the first to reply to the cloaked man, "Why have ya called us out?" The cloaked man stated, "I know I called you three out, but I don't know who the girly is... But all I know is that one of you is the Dragoon of Fire."

Al retorted, "And how did ya come across this information?" The cloaked man, goading them, "I wish I could tell you, it would be a lot of fun... although, I can't. Now, shall we get to business?" When no one replied, he continued, "Now, I have a few scenarios for the lot of you. Either you tell me who the Dragoon is, so that we may dispose of you without any more casualties, or you don't, and everyone on this ship dies." The group was silent, still staring at the man before them. Rashe'm was about to give himself up, to fight or surrender, or however the situation continued, but Orrin spoke up, "What do you me 'WE'? Is there someone else? I doubt you and that crewman can kill EVERYONE on this ship."

"Well now, don't we have a bright young lad here?" On cue, the ship began to shake violently. As the four struggled to keep their balance, but the cloaked man and the crewman stood rigid. As the shaking continued, the sound of a gigantic crash of water sounded, and next to the ship rose another man, this one in blue robes. And he was standing on what seemed like a rounded platform. The blue robed man said, "Tiras, it seems you've managed to not mess anything up. I'm impressed. Now, if you don't mind me saying, are you quite finished controlling that poor man's mind?" Another shock went through the four. "Mind control?" Orrin whispered to Liza. "Maybe that's what's happening to Derreck, do you think so?" Liza told him, "I can not be certain."

With a snap of the cloaked man's right hand, the crewman crumpled to the floor. He spoke to the man in blue, "Melchia, which do you think is the Dragoon? It doesn't seem they'll give him up so easily." Melchia didn't spend much time thinking, "Let's see what the Kraken thinks." With another rumble of the ship, the supposed platform rose higher until a giant red eye became visible. Melchia jumped down onto the deck of the ship. The giant eye darted back and forth among the four. Tiras spoke up, "I think the Kraken thinks they ALL look tasty," and both men laughed with sinister smiles.

"Aw, hell," yelled Rashe'm, "First we get ambushed by a giant snake, and now we're being ambushed by a Sea Monster? What the hell?" Sarcastically, Melchia retorted, "Oh my, it's as if someone's done all this on purpose..." And both men laughed again. None of the four dared move, not knowing what these two men were capable of. Once the men had gotten their laughs, the blue robed man said, "Well, Kraken, it's not much, but DINNER is served." The beast rose fully from the water, revealing both of its massive eyes, and the rest of the face as well. The thing's mouth was detectable from the giant saliva-dripping fangs on the front of its face. With a mighty roar, the Kraken reared for its attack. Orrin, Rashe'm, and Al all drew their weapons.

Before the Kraken could make its charge at the meal before it, a streak from nowhere sliced right through it. The roar of hunger turned into a scream of pain, and the two men on the deck turned around in bewilderment. The streak returned, making another slice in the great beast's sides. As the monster fell back into the water, the men did something peculiar. They lifted their hands into the air, immidatly illuminating. In less than a second, both men disappeared in a flash of white light. Where the men had been moments before, the streak returned and sliced at the wooden deck. Once more, the streak flew by, except it stopped in front of the four, revealing Derreck, wearing the Blue Dragoon armor.