Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ (ZELDA Cartoon)... Jack Frost! ❯ Feburary Two ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
“The Blizzard of the Century?” asked Link, “That's got to be one heck of a storm.”
 
“You bet, you.” Said Spryte…
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: Now once Jack stopped being mortal, he turned back into a fairy, and there was no need for me and Crystal to be mortal anymore.
 
So we changed back into Fairies and flew home to the Fairy-Springs. Now Jack could really whistle up the Christmas-Strom of the century.
 
 
* * *
 
Jack Whistled, and blew frost everywhere, and the fairies back in the Fairy-Springs did their share too.
 
There was so much snow, that all the Wawiors got stuck right in their tracks before reaching the secret tunnel.
 
Jack Laughed as he worked along.
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: Jack kept whistling, and that snow kept falling, and by the First of February the entire mountain was buried!
 
Jack aimed that storm pretty well, because only the Skull-Kid's castle was buried.
 
 
Meanwhile, back in Clock-Town, there was talk about an early Spring.
 
* * *
 
Kafei was in bed with a broken leg, and Anju by his side.
 
* * *
 
 
Kafei: “I should be well by the Spring, thanks to you, Anju.
 
We shall be married when the first blossom shows.
 
 
Anju: “Yes, Kafei… it will be wonderful!... Only I wish…!”
 
 
Kafei: “What is it, Anju? Are you still worried about, Jack Spryte?”
 
 
Anju: “Yes… I want him to be there, and give me away.”
 
“I don't know why. I only knew him those few weeks, yet it seems as though I've know him all my life.”
 
“He was such a good, dear, sweet little friend! Whatever happened to him?”
 
 
* * *
 
Back on the mountain.
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: Suddenly… the snow stopped falling. Jack whistled for more winter, but nothing happened.
 
 
* * *
 
 
Jack: “But, Father, Spring can't come early. I have to keep that castle snowbound.”
 
“Please, don't take winter away, not yet.”
 
 
King-Oberon: “As much as I'd like winter to stay, it's not up to me, son.”
 
“I take my orders from nature herself. When she gives me a certain sign, then I'm afraid it will be winter's sign to leave.”
 
 
Jack: “What sign is that, Father?”
 
 
King-Oberon: “The awakening of a tiny creature from his hibernation… His long winter's nap.”
 
“I refer to a little groundhog, whom at this very moment is starting to awaken, and soon he shall leave his burrow.”
 
“If he stays outside and is not frightened by his shadow, then I'm afraid, that will be my sign to cast winter away.”
 
“But if he sees his shadow… Six more weeks of winter.”
 
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: Jack looked up at the sky and saw that it was cloudy.
 
There could never be any shadow with the clouds hiding the sun… at least… not a REAL shadow.
 
But that didn't eliminate Magic shadows.
 
 
* * *
 
Mr. Groundhog(Singing)
 
-I've got a day named after me, February two.
That's the day that I decided what weather's going to do.
When I climb out of my burrow,
my happy little nest.
If I see my shadow following,
there'll be six more weeks of winter's best.
 
 
-I've got a day named after me, February two.
That's the day that I decided what weather's going to do.
It's an easy occupation.
I'm only working once a year.
I'm a living weather man,
Telling everyone that Spring is near.
 
 
-I've got a day named after me, February two.
That's the day that I decided what weather's going to do.
…What weather's going to do.
 
 
-I've got a day named after me…
Feb-ru-ary two….
 
 
* * *
 
Jack Reached up from behind, and tapped his shoulder.
 
* * *
 
 
Mr. Groundhog: “Brr-rr-rr!!!”
 
 
“Oh, it's just my shadow again. What pinched me with those cold fingers?”
 
 
* * *
 
 
King-Oberon: “He returned to his hole? Well then, I suppose that Spring isn't coming yet.”
 
“MORE WINTER EVERYONE… MORE WINTER!!!”
 
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: So, Jack went back to, Termina, and Mr. Groundhog went back to be for six weeks.
 
 
* * *
 
Mr. Groundhog: I love the extra snooze so much, I've been letting Jack scare me to this very day.
 
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: “Oh… the rest of the story!”
 
 
Well… by, and by, nature began to catch on, and six weeks later she gave my Father the sign to pull the plug.
 
 
* * *
 
 
King-Oberon: “There can be no argument. Winter will end today at Noon!”
 
 
Jack: “But, Father… I just can't let Clock-Town be destroyed!”
 
“Please… let me be mortal again! You did promise me mortality until Spring.”
 
 
King-Oberon: “Very well, Jack Frost, my son.”
 
“You have until Twelve-Noon, and if you wish to remain mortal, you have One hour to get your House, Horse, Bag of Gold, and Wife!”
 
 
* * *
 
Jack turned back into a mortal when he landed on top of the castle.
 
* * *
 
 
Jack: “But first I have to stop the Skull-Kid, somehow!”
 
“Oh No! The Snow's almost completely melted away!”
 
 
 
* * *
 
Inside the castle…
 
* * *
 
 
Skull-Kid: “Twiggy, look… it's melting.”
 
 
“Soon I shall destroy the town, and gain my revenge! Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!”
 
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: Just then… the melting snow collapsed a hole in the rotting roof, and the Skull-Kid was knocked unconscious.
 
 
* * *
 
 
Jack: “Hey… Now I know what to do.”
 
 
* * *
 
He picked up the puppet.
 
* * *
 
 
Jack: “Right, Twiggy?”
 
 
(Jack)/ Twiggy: “Anything you say, Jack Frost.”
 
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: He could imitate Skull-Kid's voice for Twiggy very well, and once more, Jack didn't move his lips.
 
 
* * *
 
 
(Jack)/ Twiggy: “All you Wawiors down there…HALT!!!”
 
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: Now those Wawiors thought Skull-Kid was doing the talking for Twiggy, so they obeyed.
 
 
* * *
 
 
(Jack)/ Twiggy: “No time to use the secret tunnel! Down the mountainside, FORWARD MARCH!!!”
 
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: But the mountain was still slippery, and when those Wawiors hit the icy slopes, they fell harmlessly into the empty valley on the other side.
 
Soon the whole valley was filled to the top with 10,000 dead Wawiors!
 
 
* * *
 
 
Skull-Kid: “BLAST YOU!!!!”
 
 
* * *
 
Jack threw the puppet right back at him.
 
* * *
 
 
Skull-Kid: “Twiggy, who do like better? Me or Jack Frost?”
 
 
(S-K)/ Twiggy: “I like you best, Skull-Kid. Frost has cold fingers. Let's GET HIM!!!”
 
 
* * *
 
Jack ducked down, and Skull-Kid missed hum, and leaped out the window.
 
With one final big winter breeze, the other fairies used the winds to blow him away to the ends of the Earth.
 
 
Jack looked around the Castle…
 
 
* * *
 
 
Jack: “I guess this counts as a House.”
 
 
* * *
 
Rockefeller the Horse walked in to greet his new Master. Jack reached up and gently stroked his head.
 
* * *
 
 
Jack: “I guess I have a Horse too.”
 
 
* * *
 
He saw Skull-Kid's treasure pile behind him…
 
* * *
 
 
Jack: “Look at all this Gold! There's more than enough for 100 Bags!
 
 
* * *
 
 
Spryte: Jack Frost had found his House, His Horse, And his Bag of Gold, but to stay mortal he still needed One More thing!
 
And he only had until Noon… To make Anju, his wife!