Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Fall of The Master Sword ❯ Calm Before The Storm ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: The tale of the creature known as Hero's Shade lay in mystery.
Disclaimer: I do not own anything pertaining to any games in the Legend of Zelda series and any likeness of any character in this story to another is unintentional. I swear, I just come up with these guys out of no where, honest.
 
Evil cannot touch the Blade of Evil's Bane. This was the blessing placed upon the legendary blade, the Master Sword, which existed for the sole purpose of slaying evil. And, by the power of the Hero chosen to wield it, so the blade was used.
 
But once, long ago, the blade's purpose was run afoul by a powerful being. A being of great evil, one bent on taking over the kingdom in which the Master Sword lay. This being found a way to negate the blade's power and turn the blade against the one chosen to wield it.
 
This is the story of the betrayed hero, of a hero whose fate was deterred from its course forever.
This is the story of the fall of the Master Sword.
 
Part 1: How It All Began
 
~Chapter 1~
 
Atop a high hill of the rolling planes of Hyrule Field, a boy and a young man lay on their backs. The man lay with his eyes closed, face lightly covered with a layer of sweat from the vigorous practice he'd put himself and the boy through. The boy lay an arm's length away, eyes closed and a stray lock of red hair hid one of his eyes.
 
The man sighed and shifted slightly, feeling reluctant to move as a cool breeze blew over them, causing the long grass surrounding the flat patch swayed in its wake, like the waves of the water.
 
Today was unusually balmy, the man thought, using one hand to brush back a long lock of blonde hair that hung past his chin back to the rest that lay gathered at the base of his neck in a small ponytail, held in position by a piece of cloth. The sun shined pleasantly high above, warming all that lay under it while an occasional feathery cloud cast a cooling shadow over patchy areas of the field. A frown showed itself on his face as a dark shadow cast itself over his closed eyes.
“Sir Link?”
 
The man's eyes opened as his name was called. Looking up at the cause of the shadow, blue eyes found themselves staring into dark brown ones, his frown increased for a moment before lessening, unsurprised to find a royal messenger staring down at him. The young man was one Link had known for two years now, since the man had been found in one of the Gerudo prisons by Link himself. The young man smiled.
“Queen Zelda has requested your presence at the castle to greet the negotiation party from-”
“I know, Kein, I know,” Link interrupted. “I suppose their war party will be there as well?”
“I would imagine so, Master Link.”
 
Link gave the light brown haired man a look.
“Didn't I ask you to just call me Link? I hate `master'.”
“Yes, but it's improper for servants to address one of your status so informally…while in the company of other individuals,” Kein said, smiling, while casting a glance down at the young boy that lay asleep. Link smiled and sat up, reached a hand out to the boy's shoulder and shook him awake.
“Kirisu, wake up. We have to go.”
 
The boy stirred and opened his eyes slowly, ruby red irises looking sleepily around. He sat up and yawned.
“What time is it?” He asked.
“Time for us to go,” Link said, pushing himself to his feet, “it's going to rain soon.”
“Rain?” Kein repeated, looking up at the clear blue sky with only pure white clouds floating overhead. There were no rain clouds as far as he could see.
 
Kirisu yawned again and Link reached out his hand to help him to his feet. Link turned away from the other two and set about gathering Kirisu's and his own training equipment. Handing Kirisu his wooden sword, which was the only thing the young boy was allowed to use, Link turned to Kein.
“Ready to go?”
Kein nodded but remained where he stood as Link set off down through the slightly beat down path in the grass that he and Kirisu had traveled down earlier. The path led to the worn dirt paths that trailed around Hyrule field and would eventually lead them back to the castle. Kirisu stopped as he stood beside Kein, looking up at the taller person, he smiled almost knowingly.
“When he says it's gonna rain, it's gonna rain. Let's get back to the castle before it does,” Kirisu said, running off after Link, his wooden sword bouncing on his back where he'd strapped it.
 
Kein looked bewildered for only a moment before shaking his head and heading off to where he'd left his horse, favoring a more comfortable ride to the long walk. He set off at a gallop to catch up the other two.
 
=======================================
A/N: Okay, that's it for the first chapter. I'd like to hear other peoples' opinions on it, so please rnr! :D
 
Also, this fic will be a tie in between the time after Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess (though I feel kind of bad for completely skipping Wind Waker…). I got the idea from a forum I read so there will be a slightly unhappy ending…for this part anyways. But, when I finish it, it'll turn out okay. I promise! ^_^
 
Link: I know what you're thinking…you're gonna torture me, aren't you?
Tak: What? Me? No…how could you ever think that?
Not while people are watching anyways…
Link: >_>