Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Links Return ❯ Chapter four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Its so annoying  to have to state at the beginning of every story that I DON'T OWN THEM... no matter how much I wish I did... *sniff*
AN: Not much to say... enjoy...




A soft, gentle wind blew threw LonLon Ranch, brushing past four half-stunned Links. The newly exposed sun, glared down at them. The only noises to by heard was the sounds of birds chirping, and horse's neighed confused at the strange weather.

The new Link watched them patiently. His white, pupil-less eyes (1) were hard, and serious. He sheathed his sword, moving gracefully. Blue, of course, was the first to speak. "Just what we needed... another Link."

"Oh shut up." Green snapped, though glad he didn't have to beak the silence. With that out of the way, he walked over to Shining Link and held out his hand. “Nice to meet you. I'm Green, that's Red, Blue, and Vio."

He nodded stiffly, and shook his hand. "Hello."

Red walked over, and smiled warmly. "You're going to join our team? Neat! How ever... calling you Shining would be weird. You need a nickname!" He looked at the sky. "You came from up there so... how about Spirit!?"

Green rubbed his head. "Eh-he, sorry about that. Red chose all our names so-"

"Fair enough." he interrupted. "I will go by that name then."

Red beamed happily. "Um... ok." Green said, then looked around. "Unless some one thinks we should stay here, I say we get going. Any ideas?"

They were quiet for a moment then Red raised his hand. "What if we just want all over, and Spirit could do that cool light thing and we could light up Hyrule again."

"Umm... can you do that?" Green asked Spirit. He nodded. "Ok then. That's the plan."

........................................................... .....

"Hey! Hey... guys!!!" The Links stopped. They'd only been walking for a few minutes, so it was still bright, when they heard yelling from the trees. "Grrrrr! Vio!"

"It's Shadow!" The purple Link realized.

Shadow crossed his arms as they approached. He was leaning, in the shade, against a tree. "It's about time. What happened? It was dark when I left..." He noticed Spirit, and his eyes narrowed suspiciously. "...and who is that?"

They quickly explained what happened. "Did you learn anything in the Dark world? Vio asked as soon as they were done.

"A bit. The name of our enemy is Malachi." Blue snickered. "This is the first time he's ever come to power, and he's taken all of Hyrule and moved them some where, but I can't find out where." He looked disappointed at his lack of information.

"That's ok." Vio insisted. "It's more than we knew before."

"All right. I'll meet up with you guys later." Shadow said.

"Why?" Red asked.

"I can't go in to the light remember?" He reached out of the shade, then jerked his hand back like it burned. "Nope... still cant."

"Oh sorry..." he apologized.

"Eh? Naw, don't worry about it." he rubbed the shorter boys hair affectionately (2). "See ya'll later." he disappeared.

Spirit looked at the spot that Shadow had been standing emotionlessly. "Are you certain it's a good idea to trust a person like that? He is a shadow after all."

Vio glared. "We trust Shadow completely. He helped us defeat Gufuu, by breaking the mirror."

"...I apologize." The light Link muttered turning away. "I was not aware of that."

Green, Red and Blue exchanged looks. "Um... Lets get moving then." Green said, taking the lead again.

"Fine with me." Vio said, and they all followed with Red and Blue in back.

"Hey." Red whispered to Blue. "Spirit made Vio mad."

"Yeah... and he's normally so calm... haha."

"Blue!"

"What!? It's funny! Speaking of funny what kind of name is Malachi?"

"I like that name."

"You would."

"???"

"Oh never mind."

"Would you two stop whispering back there?" Green called from the front.

"Sorry." Red answered.

"We'll whisper all we want!" Blue snapped.

"Blue!"

(A long boring, uninteresting conversation later.)

They arrived at a large temple. The sky was once again dark with storm clouds. "So this must be the first dungeon, right?" He looked at the old abandoned stone building with interest. "Doesn't look like anyone's been in here in years."

"Probably centuries!" Red exclaimed in agreement. "But couldn't Spirit just do his light thing out here, and we could just skip this dungeon?" He smiled hopefully.

All heads turned to Spirit. He blinked, surprised by the sudden attention, then drew his sword and held it up. "...No... There is too much evil in this area, for me to summon the light."

Blue grinned and punched his hand eagerly. "Great. Let's go in and kick some ass!"

Green stepped forward and pushed against the large wooden door. It opened with a groan. The inside of the room was pitch black. "Hey Spirit. Come here a second." He obeyed. "You go first."

Spirit stepped inside, and because of the strange fact that he was glow-in-the-dark, they could see better. They stepped inside the square, empty, door less room. "What the hell!?" Blue yelled.

"Che. Must you be so loud?” Shadow asked from the windowsill he was sitting on. "You've got to find the trigger..." he hopped down. "And would you tell your friend to dim the light?"

"Shadow!" Red cheered.

He laughed. "Ya'll are very loud." he stepped towards them, staying out of the circle of light Spirit cased (Is that a word?).  "What took ya? I've been waiting for hours."

"Sorry." Green said, grinning. "Blue and Red held us up."

"Hey!"

Vio looked around, then approached a raised tile, and stepped on it. A door opened. "Found it."

"Good job Vio." Green said. "Let's go."
 
 
 
 
 
Jeez... this one is short too... hahahaha *nervous laugh* comment anyway please!!!!

(1)Ya know how all the Links have slightly different eyes? Well it's like that. This idea kind of reminds me of Neji Hyugga... from Naruto... ya know with the whole bakugan thing and... Never mind...
(2)Not a romantic type thing. Purely nice older brother type thing. Not a yaoi reference, but if you want to think about it that way be my guest.