Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction / Power Rangers Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Power Rangers REVOLUTION ❯ Being invisible ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ADVENTURE FIVE
 
 
The others were all at the print shop, doing their business, but Sarah was finding it hard to concentrate because her mind was always on Tom.
 
Usually someone coming back from the dead would be considered a blessing. Yet, Tom was back, but only to serve as our enemy. All he cared about was destroying us.
 
Sarah was so lost in her thoughts, that she accidentally bumped into the desk a spill the inkwells all over the floor. “Ooh… I'm so sorry about that!” she said softly.
 
Moses didn't mind and offered to clean it up. “Your mind's still on Tom isn't it?” he asked.
 
Sarah nodded. “I'm happy that he's alive and well…” she said, “But… just the very thought of him serving our enemy is too much for me to take!”
 
James and Henri joined her at the table. “Sarah… we know `ow you feel.” Said Henri. “But all we can `ope for now is for Mykan to complete `is tests.”
 
James nodded. “Hopefully we can find so way to neutralize that Virus that's inside Tom.” He said.
 
Just then the door opened, and I walked in with a sad expression on my face.
 
“Mykan…” Sarah cried recognizing that look of despair. “Oh No… please don't tell me…!”
 
I slowly shook my head. “All my tests have proven the same thing.” I said. “There's nothing we can do!”
 
Sarah slumped back into her seat unable to accept the fact that her cousin couldn't be helped.
 
I sat down and told everyone else the story of how I had been study all the viruses we've defeated, and that they all are the same.
 
The virus that revived Tom is actually what was keeping him alive… PERIOD. This meant, if we removed the virus from Tom, it would definitely destroy him.
 
Worst of all, my Re-animator wouldn't be able to bring him back to life, because he had been dead for far too long. If he got destroyed, he'd be finished forever.
 
This was indeed not good news. The virus itself was the very nerve center of Tom's evil desires.
 
“Wait a minute…” said Henri, “Mykan, you said that the re-animator can also erase memories.”
 
“Yeah…” added Moses, “Maybe we could just use it to erase all the evil thoughts in his mind.”
 
I shook my head. “I anticipated that too…” I said. “The Virus controls everything in Tom's entire body, including his memories.”
 
“If we were to try that, we could end up erasing ALL of Tom's memories. He may not even remember how to talk anymore!”
 
“But even if that were not to happen, it would also disrupt his brain waves, and eventually kill him over time.”
 
I cast a look at Sarah, “I'm very sorry… but there's just nothing we can do.” I said. “The only option we do have is to find him and…”
 
“NO!!” Sarah quickly snapped. “I refuse to let any of you harm him! He's my cousin, and I already lost him once!”
 
“Sarah… ” James said, “We've done all we can, but we just can't let Tom live if he only wants to destroy us and everyone else we care about.”
 
Sarah knew we were right, but she still was instant that we not destroy him. There had to be another way!
 
“Well I'm sorry Sarah, but there isn't!” I said. “Now we don't really have a choice n the matter.”
 
“But I just can't kill him…” cried Sarah, “I can't just take a man's life like that!”
 
Dr. Franklin came into the room. “Sarah, maybe you should stop for a moment and think about everyone else out there.” He said.
 
“But, Dr. Franklin… I said it already; There's a man's life at stake!” replied Sarah.
 
“That's right Sarah… “A MAN” One Man!” I said. “And we don't do something to stop him and fast… he could destroy over A-Million other innocent lives.”
 
I could see Sarah was still taking this hard, even though she knew we were right. She really needed some time alone, so she excused herself and went up to her room.
 
Dr. Franklin shook his head. “Sometimes… the RIGHT path, is not the easy one!”
 
Meanwhile, On the island
 
Tom was finally fully charged and back on his feet. “Yes… I feel positively wonderful!” he chuckled.
 
“Excellent…” said Ebenezer, “Now then, here's a Viral capsule if things should go wrong. You know what to do, and NO MISTAKES!”
 
Tom bowed to his master. “Understood, My lord.” And with that, Tom Vanished, and was off to America.
 
“This is by far your most ingenious plan, Master.” Said Malakar. “Sending Tom after the Rangers when the very well may not dare to even attack him.”
 
Ebenezer nodded and twiddled his fingers. “Hmm, mm, mm, mm… Yes!” he chuckled.
 
“They can't very well destroy Tom!” added Sakura, “But if they don't… he'll destroy everything!”
 
Ebenezer grinned evilly. “It's the perfect plan yet… Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah, ah… AH, HA, HA, AH, AH, AH, AH!!”
 
End of Act One NEWS PAPER SCENE ZOOMS OUT!!
 
Sarah walked over to her window, gently pulled open the curtains, and looked out into an ordinary, yet beautiful Wednesday morning.
 
The Milkman doing his deliveries.
 
Butcher's grounding the cow beef.
 
The Bakers putting their pies on the window sill to cool.
 
The Candlestick makers with their latest models.
 
Even the citizens were all enjoying this happy day.
 
Families gathering in the parks.
 
Children walking off to school.
 
Mother's taking their babies out for a stroll.
 
It was such a beautiful day, and yet Sarah was stuck inside, not feeling at all cheerful.
 
She remember all the fun times she and Tom had as kids, always playing together, even racing their horses together.
 
Then came that tragic day when Tom was fighting for his country, and he paid the price. Now he was back, but as their enemy.
 
 
“Oh Tom… I know that eventually we'll have to destroy you.” She thought to herself. “It may be for the best, but… I don't think I can find the nerve and strength to do it!”
 
Suddenly, she heard the sound of someone playing the Armonica from the other room. Sarah thought it was Moses playing, but this tune… it sounded so sad and different.
 
She stepped out of her room, and opened the door, and Saw Me at the Armonica.
 
I had told Sarah and the others that apart from my ingenious inventions, I also had a knack for playing instruments of many kind.
 
Including playing glasses by rubbing your wet finger across the rims. Just like the Armonica.
 
Sarah did like it when people played such beautiful music on the Armonica, but this was the first time she ever heard the music sound so sorrowful.
 
And when as she stepped into the room, I began to sing soft, sad, and gentle words to the music I was playing.
 
-The happiness of being me
is not what it's cracked up to be.
It's lonely being One… of a kind!
 
-With all the known variety
The fame that nature gave to me
It's lonely being One… of a kind!
 
“Mykan?” Sarah whispered. I turned around, “Oh… sorry, was I playing to loud?” I asked.
 
“I didn't know you could play the Armonica.” She replied.
 
 
I told her that in my grade school days, I did a study on Ben Franklin's inventions, and the Armonica was my favorite because music usually helped me when I was feeling down.
 
Sarah even found it amazing when I told her that in my time, you had to stay in school until Grade 12, when in the revolution it was Grade Three.
 
“Why were you playing such a sad song?” asked Sarah, and I told her that I was only best at playing sad songs, because right now I was feeling rather low.
 
My smart levels had earned me a place at the one of the most expensive colleges in the world.
 
“London Academy for the Super Intelligent!”
 
The problem was, people in my time didn't appreciate the art of learning anymore, and despised all those who loved to study… Like me.
 
The London academy was a chance for me to get away from all the taunting and insults directed towards me, but soon it got worse.
 
Ever since I had arrived in England, all the students at the academy either hated or turned me away just because I was an American, and a Commoner.
 
Even though I was rich, and had an estate in London, I did not see or wanted myself to be known as any sort of higher class person, which was usually why I preferred not doing the sort of things Sarah's family did.
 
Galas, fancy dress parties, all that stuff. Even so, that still did not give anyone the right to treat me the way they did.
 
I sighed again and held my head low. “They judge me before they even get to know me. That's why I don't usually show myself around the outside world!”
 
I walked over to the window and looked out “It is nice that I was able to find a place where people have accepted me, and even befriended me” I said.
 
“I really wish I could be more like them… But…”
 
“What… what's wrong?” Sarah asked as she saw my sad expression grow bigger.
 
I sighed again, “Well you all are… the greatest things that ever happened to me.” I answered. “But the thing is… the longer I stay here, the harder it's going to be for me to leave!”
 
I walked away from the window and sat on the bed, “1776 isn't really all that bad and all, but, it could never work for me here.”
 
Sarah felt sorry for me. She knew I couldn't rightly stay here in the 18th century.
 
After all… Even though my arrival in the past was most fortunate, and was able to help save all the world, it didn't change the fact that I got there by accident, not design.
 
When I first arrived, everyone thought I was some kind of witch, and that was to be expected as I was different.
 
Sometimes I did think of it tempting to stay and live a part with everyone… but was it really sensible to live and a country where you weren't known?
 
Where there was No Record of your Birth?
 
Or the very houses that you live in haven't been built yet? The answer was No… I just didn't belong in this age.
 
This made Sarah realize that my situation was almost considered even worse than her situation with Tom.
 
She would only be losing ONE person dear to her, but everything else would stay the same…
 
I on the other hand… sooner or later, and once I worked out how to do so… I'd have to go back to the future, Where I belonged.
 
I'd be losing ALL the Friends and people I had come to love so much, and going home to No family, no friends, and people who disrespect me for the silliest reasons.
 
I began playing the Armonica again…
 
-I wish I could be like everyone I see
not special, just an ordinary guy!
A man who is loved, and leads a happy life
if only they'd let me have the chance to try!
 
-The happiness of being me
is not what it's cracked up to be.
It's lonely being One… of a kind!
It's lonely… being…
One… of a kind!
 
A tear rolled down my cheek as the song ended, and I stopped playing. Sarah even wiped away a tear of her own. “Mykan…” she said softly. “We may have had our differences when we first met, but look what's happened to you now.”
 
She was right. Over these past few weeks in the past, I had changed a lot. I was the leader of the Power Rangers, a hero, a savoir of lives, and I even made lots of friends.
 
Even though we were never destined to meet in history, we still did, and that cheered me up a lot. “Thanks Sarah.” I smiled at her.
 
Sarah smiled back, and we shared a friendly hug.
 
Meanwhile
 
Tom was hovering about over the daycare where all the children were playing about in the sun.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… This ought to get the ranger's attention!” he said to himself, and unleashed his power blasts all over the place.
 
The children fell off their feet and screamed for help, but even their parents couldn't get to them. “One move and you're done with!” Tom threatened.
 
“TOM, STOP!!” called Sarah from behind. Tom turned and saw his cousin and the rest of us with her. “Tom don't do this… their only little children!”
 
Tom just shot a look at her, “Save for someone who cares, because I have orders, and those orders are… TO DESTROY!!!”
 
He fired his shots toward us and we feel off our feet, then he summoned the wax-redcoats to join in. “Redcoats, finish them off!” he commanded.
 
We all scrambled to our feet, “Cousin or not Sarah, we got to save those kids.” Moses cried.
 
Sarah saw no point in arguing as much a she wanted to. “Are you going to be alright Sarah?” James asked.
 
Sarah's expression changed, “Yes… Let's do this!” she said with confidence.
 
“Ready?” I asked holding out my arm.
 
“READY!!!”
 
“PAST, PRESENT, POWER!!!!!” and with that, we Morphed into our suits and did our dance poses. “POWER RANGERS…REVOLUTION!!!!!”
 
“Revolution Red!!”
 
“Revolution Yellow!!”
 
“Revolution Pink!!”
“Revolution Blue!!”
 
“Revolution Green!!”
 
We all agreed that Sarah and Henri protect the children and get them to safety, while James, Moses, and I dealt with the Redcoats, and possibly, Tom!
 
“RANGERS, GO!” I cried out, and we all rushed into action. We didn't use our guns as we could accidentally have hit the children.
 
So we only used our swords, or better yet our basic moves. “Kiss and make up!” Moses snapped as he grabbed two redcoats and conked their faces together and they were knocked out.
 
James even back tornado kicked three redcoats down with one kick. “Mykan calls that… Triple play!”
 
Sarah and Herni managed to get the children and the adults safely off the grounds. “Don't worry, you will all be fine.” Said Henri.
 
After the last people were gone to safety, they joined in the battle themselves, and helped us take out the rest of the redcoats. After they vanished, it was on to Tom.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… pretty impressive, Rangers.” he said, “But now you face me!” he withdrew his two swords and charged into battle.
 
“Remember…” I said, “Fight him, but don't destroy him!” the other rangers nodded and we all charged.
 
Tom actually seemed to be much stronger this time in battle as he already knocked Henri and Moses down. Sarah and James tried to blast him with their guns, but his armor repelled the shots right back.
 
Now it was down to me, a few sword clashes, and he knocked me down too.
 
The other rangers ran to me and helped up “Mykan, you okay?” asked Moses. “I'm okay.” I answered, “But I don't get it, he's much stronger now!”
 
We all considered that Ebenezer must've given Tom a boost of power while healing him. Now he was indeed stronger.
 
“Give it up rangers, you're no match for me and my armor!” he chuckled. “Now… admit defeat!”
 
“We are not giving up yet.” Snapped Henri, “We should probably fight armor with armor.”
 
Moses joined Henri up front, “Good idea Henri, Let's do it!” he said. They both tapped their Morpher's
 
“Mega Battle, Green!”
 
“Mega Battle, Blue!”
 
Tom was amazed, “Well, well… you've got armors too!” he said. “It matters not, for my armor is the ultimate one!”
 
“We'll just see about that!” snapped Moses. “Henri, lets go!” Henri nodded, and they rushed into action.
 
This time the battle did seem a little more interesting. Tom and the M.B rangers seemed to be almost equally matched.
 
“Try warming up a bit!” Henri snapped as he fired Flame balls from his flamethrower cannon, and Tom was forced off his feet.
 
He got up and reached for his swords when Moses steeped on his arm. “No, no, no… These knives are too sharp for boys!” he said. “Let me make them safer for you!”
 
He fired up his Buzz saws and slashed swords in half. Finally all five of us stared him down again. “Tom, please…” cried Sarah, “Let us help you.”
 
Tom growled as he stood up. “Never!” he yelled, “Why am I even wasting my time with you anyways.” He reached into his suit and pulled out the viral capsule. “I'll let my monster deal with you!”
 
He slammed the capsule onto the ground, and smoke blew everywhere. When it had settled, there was a lizard like monster.
 
“Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah! Meet Lazar!” said Tom, “The master of disguise, and I mean disguise.”
 
We all stared blankly at the ugly lizard man, but didn't understand how he was that good. He didn't have a weapon on him.
 
“Never mind this…” James said as he withdrew his sword. “Let's get him!!” and he began running towards Lazar.
 
“No, James, wait!!” I called, but James didn't come back.
 
Lazar's eye glowed brightly, and right before James could slash at him, the lizard man had vanished into thin air.
 
“What… Where'd he go?”
 
Suddenly each of us were hit by what felt like powerful kicks and punches, and we were all knocked off our feet.
 
“What the heck was that?!” cried Moses.
 
“Hee, hee, hee, hee… Haven't you figured it out yet Rangerssss!!” hissed a voice from the air. “I don't need waeponssss to beat you!”
 
“Oh no… that's right, he's a lizard!” cried Sarah, “And Lizards can camouflage themselves into anything.”
 
“Sacre' Bleu…” cried Henri, “So `es invisible? How are we supposed to fight what we cannot see?”
 
Lazar reappeared. “You can't sssssssilly Ranger.” He hissed. “I have the upper hand in thissss match!”
 
 
Every time we managed to get close enough to attack him, Lazar just disappeared and hit us from any direction.
 
“Heh, heh, heh… What's wrong Rangersssss! Am I too fasssssssst for you? Ye, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!!”
 
“Man... this guy sure don't play fair.” Said Moses. “There's got to be some way we can find him.”
 
Henri suddenly remembered something. If Lazar was only making his body disappear, what would happen if his body was covered in something that couldn't disappear?
 
He looked through the daycare windows and saw just what he was looking for. “A `ave an idea!” he quickly said. Then he ran over and Smashed the window.
 
“Henri… what are you doing?” I called.
 
“Trust me!” he called back, “Just keep `im busy for me!” and with that he leapt right into the building.
 
“Ooh… poor little Blue Ranger ran away.” Lazar sniggered. “That only makesssss my job easier!”
 
So the battle continued on, and boy was Tom ever enjoying himself. “Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha… Good work Lazar, keep up the destruction!”
 
Inside the building, Henri looked around the room, until he finally found what he was looking for, a whole barrel filled with black ink.
 
He took some in a bucket and headed back towards the window.
 
Lazar had reappeared, and still had hardly broken a sweat yet. “You're looking tired Rangerssss.' His hissed. “Why don't you lie down!!!”
 
He open his mouth and breathed a fiery blaze upon us knocking us down again. Little did he know that Henri was in the window behind him with the bucket of ink ready.
 
“Now, if `e would just disappear!” he whispered to himself.
 
All four of us stood up, but we did not dare fight back yet. “Come on guys, we can't up now!” I said Wearily.
 
“I'm afraid you will have too.” Snapped Lazar, “And now I shall finish you off one at a time.” The he vanished. “And you won't know which is first.”
 
“Actually we do!” Henri suddenly said. “YOU ARE!!!” and he leapt out from the window and threw the ink at the very spot where Lazar was.
 
The Black ink drizzled all over him revealing where he was. “GAAH… No Thissss cannot be!!” he roared.
 
Tom saw this as a bad sign… “GRR… I have a bad feeling about this!” he said to himself, and he vanished.
 
Luckily for him we were all to occupied in battle the visible lizard man now that we could see him.
 
Finally he was weak enough for us to get him. “Weapons, Full power!” I cried out. We withdrew our swords and guns, and they started to glow.
 
“Ready, Aim… FIRE!!!” Lazar was hit full force and he was blown into ashes. “Yeah… we did it!!”
 
“Thanks to you, Henri.” Said James.
 
“Yeah, Henri, way to go man!” added Moses.
 
“My hero of the day…” Sarah Teased.
 
Henri acted all embarrassed. “Awe… it was nothing!” he said.
 
 
Suddenly, I looked around. “Hey… where did Tom go?” We all looked around, but couldn't find him anywhere.
 
Tom had gone back to the island
 
Ebenezer saw everything. “Tom, Your monster has been defeated!” he snarled, “I hope that this is not another failure!”
 
Tom took no notice and already aimed the Re-animator out the window. “My magnificent monster is not done yet… MORE POWER!!” he growled.
 
The Re-animator fired its beam straight out until it hit the pile of Lazar's ash, and in no time he was back, bigger than ever.
 
“Hee, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee! Now thissss issssss what I call… the BIG TIME!!” he deep, deep voice hissed.
 
We all jumped back and raised our Morphers. “Soldier Zords, Front and Center!!!!!” we cried, and we all jumped up into our Zords.
 
“Red Sword Soldier!”
 
“Yellow Musket Soldier!”
 
“Pink Flag Soldier!”
 
“Blue Spy Soldier!”
 
“Green Cannon Soldier!”
 
Our Zords stood together in front of the holographic American flag, and then jumped into battle.
 
I went up first, and my Zord held out its two swords, and charged straight for Lazar, but You guessed it, he vanished again.
 
“I'm not making any mistakesssss with you all this time!” he hissed, and then my Zord got hit. I was rocked about in my cockpit as my Zord fell over.
 
“Mykan!” cried James. “Hold on I'm coming!”
 
“No, James… Stop!!” I called, but as usual, James didn't listen.
 
Lazar reappeared. “Sssso… Yellow's next… fine then!” he hissed. James armed his Zords guns, and fired them on rapid mode.
 
Several shots came out at once, but Lazar vanished again before any one of them came even close.
 
James looked around, and then Saw Lazar behind him. “Hey Yellow… I'm over here!” he teased.
 
James turned his Zord and fired again only to have Lazar vanish again. “Closssse Ranger… but not good enough!”
 
Eventually James ran out of ammo, and that Gave Lazar the chance to knock him down too.
 
As Henri watched the other four Zords battle out Lazar, he was thinking of how he could beat him this time. He couldn't through an glob of ink on him this time.
 
But maybe… he didn't have to!
 
No matter how hard we tried, Lazar always seemed to be one step ahead of us. He even grabbed Mosses' Cannon and fired it a flag Zord.
 
“Sorry, Sarah!” Moses called. “You okay…?”
 
Sarah's Zord stood up, “I'm alright, just worry about the monster!” she called, but then they were lifted into the air and tossed down on top of me and James.
 
“Four down… One to go!” chuckled Lazar as he eyed the Spy Soldier. “Your turn now, Blue-boy!”
 
Then he vanished, but Henri just stood his Zord on the spot. “You won't be getting me down so easily.”
 
“What are you talking about?” snapped Lazar, “I have the advantage, Ranger. You can't ssssssee me!”
 
Henri chuckled to himself, then turned on his Zords Camouflage system, and his Zord vanished too. “What… Oh, no!” cried Lazar, “Where did you go?”
 
“I may no be able to see you…” said Henri, “But what if you cannot see me either!”
 
The other four Zords stood up. “Henri… great thinking!” I called. “It's up to you now.”
 
Henri turned on his sonar tracking that I gave his Zord, and told him it was used to track certain levels of Sound. Just because he couldn't see Lazar didn't mean he couldn't hear him.
 
Lazar punched one way, and kicked another, but he couldn't find Henri anywhere. Instead Lazar was getting hit from all sides by Henri's Zord alone.
 
“Too bad you cannot tell where I am!” Teased Henri and he punched the beast again. This time Lazar was so weak that he reappeared. “There… he cannot `ide anymore. Mykan, let's do it now.”
 
The rest of us nodded and pressed our switches. “GENERAL MEGAZORD!!!!” we all cried, and our Zord all transformed and combined into one.
 
Lazar stood up wearily. “I don't need to be invisible to crush you Rangerssssssss!!” he growled as he began to charge us.
 
“I wouldn't bet on that!” I said, “General Megazord Saber, Power Up!!” The Megazord withdrew its sword and began whirling it round, and around.
 
The swords began to glow brightly as the Megazord held it up in front of the Holographic American flag.
 
“Saber, Ignite!!” I cried out, and the Megazord slashed the glowing blade three times at the monster…
 
Lazar whimpered in pain as his body began to burn up, then he feel over… EXPLODED… and was really gone!
 
Henri stuck his thumb up. “Now that is how to make something really disappear!” he said.
 
Meanwhile, on the island
 
Tom pounded his fist angrily on the window sill. “That did not go at all well!” he growled.
 
Ebenezer was furious, but wasn't yelling. “Take it easy, Tom!” he said, “We'll just have to try harder next time.”
 
“We're sure to use my plan!” whined Sakura.
 
Tom turned and sneered, “Ha, you wouldn't know a good plan it walk up and wiped the floor with you!”
 
“Oh, yeah… well I have a plan to open you up like a tin-can!” protested Sakura.
 
“Try it, Ninja Ninny!”
 
“Balled bearing British brain!”
 
Malakar and Ebenezer just plugged their ears and pretended nothing was happening.
 
Meanwhile
 
We stored up the Megazord, and I re-animated any damages done during the battle. Then we headed home.
 
Henri was upstairs making a picture of us, but he wouldn't allow us to see it yet.
 
The rest of us thought him to be the real hero today. “Never knew the little guy had it in him.” Said Moses.
 
“Now, Moses, he may not have gone to school yet, but that doesn't mean he's not smart.” said Sarah.
 
Finally Henri came back downstairs with his drawing. “I'm finished.” He said, then he opened it up… and he gave out a faint giggle.
 
We all stared blankly at the white sheet of empty paper. “Henri… there's nothing on here.” Said James.
 
“Henri… what is this?” I asked.
 
Henri told us. “I made a picture of us… using invisible ink!” he giggled.
 
“Ohh… Henri!” we all joined in with a good laugh at the gesture, and so the day was saved again.
 
 
NEXT ITME ON POWER RANGERS REVOLUTION!
 
Sarah and James may squabble, and bicker a lot, but Sarah does have an inside voice.
 
“He is my friend and all… but that's as far as it goes!”
 
But Ebenezer shows up to ruin the fun, and ends up capturing James' body, but leaving his Sprit behind.
 
“Not quite what I planned, but it will do!”
 
 
“I… wonder if I'm the only one who can see James?”
 
Will James get his body back form Ebenezer, and why can only Sarah see James?
 
NEXT ITME ON POWER RANGERS REVOLUTION!