Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Into the Future, and Into Space ❯ Life on Mars ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
 
One Week Later…
 
I had received word that my Grandfather and his crew had landed safely on Mars, and were establishing camp there.
 
I told him that we had retrieved the Shuttle and were cleaning it up already, readying it for it's next flight, which probably wouldn't be for a while yet.
 
Meanwhile… studying went on as scheduled.
 
Over the next Six months, The past people had already caught up to the early 18th century, and even mastered in a few ways of wisdom.
 
Sarah was good in History…
 
James became a wiz at Science and Chemistry…
 
Elizabeth became a natural of the human body and even studied a few medical text books while she was at it.
 
Some of us around the base even thought she should consider joining the Medical staff.
 
Henri became good at Astro Navigation in the Astronaut training, but he did lack a little when it came to driving.
 
Samuel… well even though it wasn't likely to ever come to mind, he seemed good at using our fire arms.
 
Lasers, Light Sabers… all that stuff.
 
And Moses was good at operating other types of machinery and equipment that we produced at WASP.
 
When I saw that the time was right, and that they had learned enough to give it a try… I had arranged field trips.
 
Rhapsody would take the Philips' and Sarah to London, for a few days. Melody would take Moses to Africa. Destiny would accompany Henri to France, and James would go with Symphony and Harmony to explore the sights of America.
 
They immediately jumped at the idea of going out there to explore the word of the year 2020.
 
Six months later
 
 
Somewhere on Mars
 
A Martian rover from WASP was treading along the soil, inside were my Grandfather, and two of his men, Bob, and Chuck.
 
“Well that about completes our patrol, Commander Tempest” said Bob, “Once again nothing to report.”
 
Troy shook his head, “But those signals we monitored at camp. They must have come from somewhere.” He said, “Let's just look another 100 miles, and then we'll return to camp.”
 
“Okay, Sir!”
 
Meanwhile on Earth
 
 
It was Thursday October 14th, 2020… and all personal had gathered into the main ops room for a broadcasted message my Grandfather sent.
 
“We don't know exactly… but there appears to be strange signals being admitted from a small crater on the far side of Mars.”
 
“If our calculations are correct, we just may have established with evidence, that there is life on Mars… by the time you receive this message we should just be nearing the ridge.”
 
 
Back on Mars
 
 
The Rover was crossing up the hill. Neither one of the men noticed, that they were being followed by another craft behind them.
 
“It should be just over this ridge.” Said Chuck. They reached the top and gazed out the view port. “Will you take a look at that!”
 
There… in the distance… was a strange looking city. Rows and rows of strange, colorful, glowing buildings with highways and byways all over the place.
 
“Incredible… Simply incredible!” said Troy, “Lieutenant, give me a reading.”
 
Bob checked his computers, “Terrain: Stable… Oxygen, and Gravity fluctuations: Negative.”
 
“Well… that's something, at least we know we'll need our suits.” said Troy.
 
Chuck's Radar screen suddenly picked up something. “Uh, Sir… This may sound hard to believe…” he said, “But I think were in trouble.”
 
All three men checked the screen and saw two flashing dots. One was standing still, but the other was heading towards the center of the screen…. Which was their current position.
 
“Oh Good God!!” cried Troy, “WATCH OUT!!!”
 
The moving dot turned out to be a small missile which collided into he rover and blew up the tractor wheels.
 
The men were rocked about inside, and each banged their heads on the controls knocking them all unconscious.
 
Too bad they weren't awake, or they see two funny looking creatures step into the rover.
 
They were green all over, had two huge goggling eyes, and spoke in a very strange language.
 
“Yag'bulla bullap, Yob bolla bollap garr'anga!!”
 
“Yag valla tor'hurrha!”
 
They took out three strange sacks, stuffed one man each into them, and carried them off.
 
 
Back on Earth
 
 
That night, James and Sarah were off duty, in their room together, studying for an exam in their history and chemistry lessons.
 
Both of them each helping each other in questions they just couldn't work out on their own in the opposite subjects.
 
The only thing was though, the exams weren't due for about a couple of weeks, and James and Sarah found it hard to study because… well.
 
Sarah lay in James' arms, savoring the taste of his lips against hers. “Sarah, come on…” giggled James. “We have to study, and I don't mean our bodies.”
 
This only made Sarah tighten her grip around him, “Well, I don't care about that.” She said tenderly, “We can study any other night, but we won't get to do this as much…”
 
James knew he was licked and surrendered to his wife… Only to be shaken off by the sound of the warning buzzers.
 
“I remember that sound,” said James, “That's a BAD sound!”
 
Rhapsody's voice was heard over the intercom, Attention All Personal!! This is an emergency code, all hands report to main ops at once!”
 
James and Sarah changed back into their uniforms, and headed out the door where they met the others in the hall.
 
“Captain… what's going on?” asked Sarah as we all climbed into the elevator.
 
“I'm not sure…” I said, “But that alarm was admitted from M.O.D… Mars Observation Deck… there's trouble going on Mars.”
 
 
Back on Mars
 
 
My Grandfather had woken up in a strange room. A room that sort of looked like the inside of a huge palace.
 
Once his vision became clear again, he saw someone astonishingly beautiful before him.
 
A Half woman, half alien, and she didn't look a bit like the other aliens around her.
 
She had soft white skin, with a touch of green, Her long glossy Aqua green hair dangled playfully around her shoulder, she wore a beautiful sparkling gown.
 
But, My Grandfather was looking around for him two men, “Hey you there…!” he said, “Where are Bob, and Chuck?”
 
The Alien girl just stared at him with a concerned look on her face, and didn't say a word.
 
“Well why don't say something!” replied Troy, “Answer Me!!”
 
“You're wasting your time, Earthman!” came a voice behind, “She cannot speak. None of her race know the luxury of words!”
 
“She is my slave… and You are my prisoner.”
 
Troy turned around, and there sitting on a throne behind him was another alien life forum.
 
He looked sort of like the girl, but his skin all grey and green, and had horns coming out from his head. He also wore a tulle cape in back.
 
“Just… who are you?” asked Troy, “What is this place?”
 
The Alien stood up, “I am… Titan; Ruler of the Martian city of Titanica.” He said. “I must congratulate you. You are the first Earthling to ever set eyes on the people of the Martian world!”
 
“It… it just seems so fantastic!” said Troy, “So there really is intelligent life out here… I can hardly believe it!”
 
“Believe it you will…” said Titan. “Just look around… 100 hundred feet of building… and all around us the might planet Mars.”
 
“You see Earthman… there is no escape!”
 
Troy looked confused, “But why are you holding me as a Prisoner?” he asked. “I'm the commander in chief of the World Astronaut Security Patrol. Our job is to Investigate, not to fight!”
 
“Perhaps… but we shall soon find out.” Said Titan, “Don't worry Earthman, you will be given a fair trial… Hmm, mm, mm, mm!!”