Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Into the Future, and Into Space ❯ Emergency! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
 
Back on Earth
 
 
We all arrived in M.O.D, “What's going on?” I asked Symphony.
 
“Captain, there's a distress signal from Mars base camp” she said, “It's faint…. but readable!”
 
“On Screen!”
 
The Screen in the front of the room faded into a faint but visual screen showing one of my Grandfather's teammates on the other side.
 
“Captain. Tempest… please come in!” said the woman.
 
“Tempest here.” I answered. “What is the meaning of this? You were told only to call us in the line of emergency!”
 
“This is an emergency.” Said the woman. She told us all the story of how Troy had discovered a Martian city.
 
I didn't actually want to believe her, but the moment they showed me their records and camera tapes… I was just bedazzled.
 
Even the Past people were amazed. “Sacre Blu… would you look at that?!” said Henri.
 
“In all my years, I have never seen anything at all like this.” Said Samuel.
 
It was also revealed that they lost their best equipment to Titan and the aliens, and that they had no hope of going offensive, not while he was holding Troy as a prisoner.
 
Suddenly, the screen began to fade out, “Captain, we are losing your signal…!!” then it went out.
 
 
“Lieutenant… Lieutenant… Come in!!” I cried.
 
Melody checked the stations. “Contact lost, Sir!”
 
I smashed my fist onto the board, “DAMN IT!!” I growled. “I guess I have no choice… Ready a Helicopter, I'm flying to HQ!”
 
“Yes, Sir!” said Destiny. “Shall I page word to Lieutenant. Fisher to take over in your absence?”
 
“Yes, do that!” I said, then I cast my look to the past People, “Alright all of you… You're coming with me to HQ!”
 
Everyone exchanged confused looks, but realizing I gave a direct order, they all followed me to the landing pad.
 
Once we boarded the Helicopter, we took off in no time.
 
“Where exactly are we going?” asked Moses.
 
“The Supreme Headquarters of World Security Patrol, London England!” I answered.
 
“How many World Security Patrols are there exactly?” asked Elizabeth.
 
“Oh these many of them, one for each different type of exploration.” I said. “My Grandfather and I run the Space division…”
 
“But there's also divisions for Exploring under the Sea, Under the Ground, in the sky… you name it!”
 
“And The Supreme Staff at W.S.P is the very Nerve center to them all, they command us!”
 
Right then, I suggested that they take this time to rest. It was 10:00pm in America, which meant it was almost dawn in England.
 
 
Meanwhile, on Mars
 
 
Back in Titan's throne room, “And now Commander. Troy Tempest, Your trial will commence.” He said.
 
He pointed over to a glass dome, where a puff of blue sparkling smoke floated inside. “Toyfule… our great Martian God, will decide your fate. He only is please around friends of our people.”
 
“If he turns red at the sight of you within the space of One Astro-Minute Then you have been proven to be our enemy.”
 
“The Penalty… Death!!”
 
My grandfather sweat dropped, but kept his face straight as the trial opened.
 
The Blue Smoke remained blue as it gazed upon Troy, while at the same time, red liquid beside the dome was falling into a long tube.
 
 
 
“When the liquid fills that tube to the top, One Astro-Minute will have passed, and the trial will end.” Said Titan.
 
As the liquid began to rise, the pretty Girl, who was named Marsha, she trembled in fear.
 
The liquid passed up to the first line on the tube, “One Quarter of an Astro-Minute!”
 
So far so good, the smoke was still blue. “Toyfule still looks upon you.” Said Titan, and the liquid passed up to the second line. “Half an Astro-Minute!”
 
Suddenly, the smoke began changing color it turned purple, but then back to blue… that was close.
 
“Your luck still holds, Troy Tempest!” said Titan, and the liquid reached the third line, “One Quarter of a minute to go!”
 
Troy was sweating like a baboon, and Marsha was trying hard to fight the tears of fear streaming down her cheek.
 
“The trial is nearly over…” said Titan, but just before the liquid touched the top, the smoke turned Scarlet, and didn't switch back.
 
Titan stood up, “Commander. Troy Tempest, of the World Astronaut Security Patrol… you and your people have been found Guilty!”
 
“It is decreed that you are doomed to die! You will be taken to the main tower of Titanica, where sentence will be carried out.
 
Later on
 
Troy, Bob, and Chuck were all tied into chairs in a massive elevator lift, with two of Titan's guards in the front, and Marsha behind them.
 
The men spoke in a soft tone as not to be overheard, “Some fair trial that was.” Said Bob, “Troy, you get the trial and we all get the sentence.”
 
“Don't worry, I'll think of a way out of this.” Said Troy.
 
“Shh… Careful what you say.” Said chuck, “There's one behind us too.”
 
“It's okay, she can't talk!”
 
“Maybe not… but the point is… can she understand?”
 
The men looked and saw Marsha nodding her head, meaning she could understand… End of conversation!!
 
Back on Earth
 
We touched down at the base where the head man himself was there to greet us. General. Charles Gray, Commander in chief of W.S.P!
 
He was more than delighted to meet the people from the past, and that was part of the reason I had brought them there.
 
After being briefed on the situation on Mars, “It seems clear now of what we are dealing with.” Said General Gray. “A whole race of creatures living on Mars.”
 
“Some good, and some bad.” Said Moses.
 
“Some to help, and some to fight.” Added James.
 
As it went on, the only choice was to get any people from Mars One Base camp back to Earth as soon as possible.
 
“Captain. Tempest…” said Gray.
 
“Yes, Sir…?”
 
“I want you be in command of this expedition to Mars.”
 
My eyes widened, “I… Sir… But I've only gone as far as the moon. How can I possibly make it to Mars without my Grandfather?”
 
“I have complete faith in you Captain.” Said Gray, “We've been monitoring you ever since your first Space trip.”
 
He motioned at the video screen behind us all which was showing images of me and Grandfather walking in space, and repairing a satellite.
 
“You're Grandfather knew what he was doing brining you up there, and your father was our best too.” Said Gray. “You are the best officer we have, and if you won't do this for W.S.P… then do it for your Grandfather.”
 
I thought it over and stared at the past people. They all nodded their heads in agreement with the General.
 
I stood proudly and saluted, “…I'll do it.”
 
Gray smiled and saluted with me. “Now, there is just one little detail we must clear up.” He said.
 
“As you know, this is an emergency rescue, and possibly a Kamikaze mission, therefore we have no time to locate any other qualified Astronauts to assist you.”
 
The glanced over at the past people, “Which is why I am ever more than glad you all have come…” he said.
 
“What are you saying, Sir?” asked Samuel.
 
Judging by look in his eyes, we knew what he was thinking.