Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Into the Future, and Into Space ❯ Let's got to Mars ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
 
The Rockets had fallen away, and we started to slow down. James looked up through his window. “Wow…!”
 
Soon he was joined by the rest of the gang. “Space… is so… Beautiful.” Said Elizabeth.
 
“Look at all the stars.” Added Sarah.
 
I chuckled under my breath. “It's got many more than just all that.” I said, “But right now we have to do our checklist for link up.”
 
“Link up?” asked Henri, “With what?”
 
I pointed on ahead and there was world Space-Station coming into view, and docked alongside it was STINGRAY!
 
A ship slightly larger than the shuttle, with all the equipment I used to see in science fiction shows.
 
“Sac re Blu… is that our ship?” asked Henri.
 
“Ye indeed.” I answered, “Took my Family nearly 5 generations to build and mass produce.”
 
We docked on the Space Station, Where Admiral. Harriman Nelson, in charge of the division was there to greet us, and his men help us out of our Spacesuits and we changed back into our uniforms.
 
I saluted to him as he knew my Grandfather very well in the old days of space travel. “Long Time no see.” I said.
 
Nelson saluted back, and then greeted each member of my crew, but he also had good news, and bad news.
 
My Grandfather had escaped Titan, and made it safely back to his base camp, the problem was… While holding him prisoner, Titan's goons came a made a mess of things.
 
My Grandfather and his crew were trapped on Mars with no way out, unless we got there as fast as we can.
 
“So basically we should just head off for Mars and bring back any survivors?” asked Moses.
 
“Well, yes…” said Nelson, “However, we did receive a message from Titan. Saying he knows of our attempt to try and get to Mars.”
 
“So… Basically, Titan Knows that we are coming, and he'll try to stop us.” Said Samuel.
 
“Yes… there is but one option e do have.” Said Nelson. He pressed a switch which showed us all a projection of STINGRAY.
 
“Titan knows of our attempt to try and make it to Mars, but he is unaware of how we are to get there.”
 
“He has no knowledge of STINGRAY, and therefore it is our belief that as long as you use STINGRAY, Titan cannot detect you by any means.”
 
“A Trojan horse type maneuver.” Said James, “Sneaking into Titan's territory while he doesn't know it.”
 
“Correct. Lieutenant.” Said Nelson. “Any questions?”
 
“Yes…” I said, “When do we leave?”
 
“Tomorrow morning at 08:00 hours.” Said Nelson, “We will update the mission plan today and give you all the natural refinements you'll need.”
 
We all were dismissed to get some breakfast, and then we got hard to work with out plans.
 
Meanwhile on Mars
 
 
 
Titan was sitting in his throne room in a very, very bad mood. “It is an outright scandal.” He growled.
 
“My slave, Marsha is now in the hands of those cursed Earthlings, and what's worse there are more on the way.”
 
“With no way of detecting their vessel, I will be a sitting Earth duck. I must ask Toyfull to what can do about this.”
 
He walked over to that blue smoke and knelt before it. “Oh… mighty Toyfull… I the great Titan, ruler of Titanic seek your wisdom.”
 
“As to what means shall I find a way to dispose of my enemies?”
 
Toyfull, since he couldn't talk, flashed some picture of Animals falling into traps on Earth.
 
“Ah yes… why did I not see it before.” Chuckled Titan, “I may not be able to find them, but I know what can take them by surprise. Hmm mm, mm, mm, mm!”
 
Meanwhile, at base camp
 
The Shuttlecrafts that my grandfather and crew used to transport down to Mars were structurally in tact.
 
“How does it look?” asked Troy.
 
Chuck came out from under the computer console. “It's no use, Sir.” He said. “The computers are Fried.”
 
“These wires have been completely burned.” Added Bob, “Titan sure must've been mad at us for Taking Marsha away.”
 
“Well it's a lucky thing we did too.” Said Troy, “With her on the team we just may have a better chance in fighting against Titan.”
 
Marsha nodded.
 
 
Meanwhile, back at the Space Station
 
 
That night… Henri was sitting in the observatory with a lace Handkerchief in his hand… No he wasn't crying, if anything he was smiling at it.
 
Moses came in “What's that you got there, Henri?” he asked.
 
“This? Oh it's just a Handkerchief, Destiny Angel gave to me before we left.” He answered.
 
Moses could tell by the look in Henri's eyes that something was going on with him. “Hey, Henri… it might sound crazy, but I think you're feeling going for her.”
 
Now usually when someone was told something like that, they'd try and cover it up… Hide it, but Henri, as a French boy, he didn't mind.
 
“I guess I've inherited the French ways… Lucky in love.” He giggled, “Oh… but I do wish the Marquis could have seen me now.”
 
Moses knew exactly how he felt. He walked over to Henri and sat down “I miss all my friends too Henri.” He said. “We all miss them.”
 
“But you know Henri, they really are watching us.”
 
Henri looked up all confused, “I don't understand.” He said.
 
Moses told Henri to look out at the stars. “When I worked for Dr. Franklin, he told me the same thing he told James.”
 
“The great people of the past are looking down on us through those stars, even our loved ones who can't be with us are among them.”
 
Henri looked out into Space, and he actually believed Moses. He could feel the presence of everyone he missed there.
 
“So if ever you feel Lonely, or just alone…” replied Moses, “Remember… that they're up there to guide you, as are we.”
 
Henri smiled, “Thank you , Mon ami.” He said, “I will remember that well.”
 
He looked down at his Handkerchief, “Destiny… Mon petit Cabbage… I will do this, for you.”
 
The Next Day
 
After being given a Massive tour of the mighty Spaceship-Stingray, Admiral Nelson lead us all up to the Bridge.
 
“If you will all take your positions.” He said.
 
My position, as Captain, was the big Chair in the cent of the big round room.
 
Samuel, took his position at the consoles stationed just to the right of my chair.
 
Moses was down in the Engine room and already had the systems started. All that was needed now was for someone to start them up.
 
That was Henri's job, and his controls were off to the left of me, but we weren't quite ready for cast off just yet.
 
Sarah and James took their positions at the panels on the right side of the room.
 
Sarah already powered the communication line, and even wore her own headset.
 
James was calculated all his equipment and keeping them all in check for any scientific Phenomenon we would come across in space.
 
Finally, Sarah's mother. Well, Elizabeth was a Paramedic on the ship, Dr. Edward Fawn didn't require her down in the medical quarters at the moment.
 
So she stationed herself at the panels ahead of Samuel's controls. “All systems armed and ready to go, Captain.” She told me.
 
I smiled and then turned on the auto frequency. “S.S.1 from Stingray…” I said, “System check completed and double checked; Permission to depart base.”
 
“Admiral. Nelson, here.” He said over the radio, “Permission granted… At this point Captain, there's little more for any of us to do except wish you all… Bon Voyage.”
 
“Thank you, Sir. Tempest, out.” I turned off the radio. “Well…. Lieutenant. Lebreve, you heard him. Take us out.”
 
Henri turned and saluted, “Aye, Aye, Captain.” He said. “ 'ere we go… Troi… Deux… Une… IGNITION!”
 
He pressed on the switches and the Ship roared to life as we all strapped ourselves in tight.
 
Henri then grabbed hold of the two joysticks on the sides of his chair, and gave one of them a gentle push, and the ship started to move forward.
 
Before long, We had cleared the station and began on our long voyage for Mars.
 
We all shared a joyful cheer for our perfect departure.