Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Into the Future, and Into Space ❯ We're lost ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
 
On Mars
 
Titan was watching the whole thing on his video screen, and chuckled to himself. “Excellent… the moment those systems are started, all their hopes will become lost.”
 
“Your plan still bewilders me, mighty Titan.” Said X-2-0, “If you really want them all destroyed, why not shoot hem now instead of going to all this trouble.”
 
Titan's green face curved into a scowl. “X-2-0, you have the brain of an Earthling at some points.” He growled, “My plan is simple…”
 
“I will first set STINGRAY off course and beyond help, then if the other half of my plan goes to pass… I should have Mykan Tempest as my prisoner.”
 
“Then that will force his grandfather back into the open… and I will have it all.”
 
“I will have the Earthlings as my prisoners… Marsha as my slave once again… and the Mighty Spaceship STINGRAY as my royal yacht, the vessel I'll need to conquer the Earth.”
 
X-2-0 grinned, “Oh, what a Master Plan.” He complimented.
 
Meanwhile, on STINGRAY
 
Captain's Log: Supplemental…
 
We have just come to the end of our long awaited repairs to the Ship's configuration systems, and our preparing to jumpstart the systems with the hopes of locating our position.
 
If all goes well, which we hope… then we may have a chance to either make it back to Earth, or continue straight on towards Mars.
 
 
We would all hate to think of the results if all went haywire!
 
End Log!
 
 
Everyone was seated up on the bridge going over their program-checklists one more time… all signs were green.
 
We're clear to go… said Moses over the radio, “Ready on your words, Skip.”
 
Everyone turned to me and nodded, showing that they were ready. “… Fire away.” I said.
 
Moses breathed with confidence and pressed the switch, but instead of the systems starting… THEY WENT HAYWIRE!!
 
The Ship twisted and turned all over the place. The systems were sparking like crazy, and the lights in the ship were dimming.
 
Sarah and her mother screamed blue murder as they fell out of their seats, as smoke started oozing out from their consoles.
 
Suddenly, Henri heard a beeping sound escaping form his steering screen. “We are going into a Hyper drive!!” he cried. “WE'RE OUT OF CONTROL!!”
 
The ships engines gave a huge burst of energy, and STINGRAY began ZOOMING OFF into the unknown reaches of Space.
 
“I found the Problem!!” shouted Moses over the radio. “EVERYBODY HANG ON!!!”
 
“…TO WHAT?!” snapped Samuel.
 
Moses jammed hard on the engines, casing the ship to rumble and shake about even harder that ever, causing us all to tumble about everywhere.
 
Soon the crisis was over. The ship had been driven to a complete standstill, and the systems were under repair… there was still however one problem…
 
We all looked out through the view port some of us with frightened faces, the rest of us shocked with amazement.
 
“It's incredible…” I said while looking among the new rows of stars, “…Not ONE constellation you can recognize.”
 
Samuel lowered his head in shame, and his wife wiped her eyes with her handkerchief.
 
“James…” cried Sarah, “Where exactly are we?”
 
James shot her a shameful look, “… I wish I knew, Sarah.” He said softly as he drew he into a tender hug.
 
Meanwhile, at WASP on Earth
 
 
Everyone heard the terrible news about us…
 
“Hello, WASP control… this is the lunar tracking station.”
 
“Spaceship-STINGRAY moving at an INCREDDIBLE SPEED… Far off course and beyond our tracking systems!!”
 
The angels each had a tear to shed, especially Rhapsody… “Mykan… No.” she wept softly.
 
Lieutenant. Fisher requested for someone to escort Rhapsody to her room, so she could have a chance to take a load off.
 
Then he decided he himself had better deliver the bad news about STINGRAY to the world.
 
He picked up the phone and dialed for the Whitehouse Washington, “Yes… this Lieutenant. Brian Fisher from WASP control… a message for the President on the scrambler.”
 
He clicked on the phone once he was given the signal, “Mr. President, Sir… Status control on STINGRAY.”
 
“As of this moment… the Spaceship, with Captain. Mykan Tempest and the Past people on board, has passed the limits of our Galaxy!”
 
“It's presumed to be…” he took a deep breath, “… Hopelessly… Lost in Space!”
 
 
Meanwhile, on STINGRAY
 
 
I was helping Samuel into his Spacesuit, as he was preparing to go outside and make some repairs.
 
“The Inertial. Guidance. Scanner.” I said, “If you can fix it, we just might be able to do something about this problem.”
 
“I'll do my best.” Said Samuel as he placed on his helmet.
 
“Look… for the last time…” I growled, “I'm the expert Spacewalker here; Let me do it!”
 
Samuel flipped up his visor, “Begging your Pardon… Captain!” he sneered. “We've already been through that.”
 
“You may be the Expert Spacewalker, but you're also the only one who knows about everything here. We need you to get us through this safely.”
 
He shot a sad look at his wife and daughter, “It pains me to say this in front of you all…” he turned back to face me, “…But as far as it is… I am expandable, and you are not!!”
 
He closed his visor, and we tested the radio inside his helmet, which was what those two antenna were on either side.
 
Samuel shared a passionate hug with Sarah and Elizabeth, and the he grabbed his tools, marched into the airlock and shut the inner-door behind him.
 
“He's ready…” Said James, “Opening outer-hatch.”
 
Outside
 
Samuel took his first step outside the ship, and what a view it was. He sure wouldn't have gotten to experience this in the revolution.
 
We all watched him from the nearby window, and saw his tie his safety line down so he wouldn't drift away.
 
As soon as the hatch was sealed, he began to climb up the side of the ship… but that was like trying to scale a pyramid of ice
 
No sooner had he managed to take two steps up, and he slipped and fell off. Luckily his Line stopped him going any further.
 
I gave him a special small booster, which he used to get back to the ship. He gently fired the rockets and moved in closer… and closer… and then WHAMM!! Right into the hull.
 
Sarah and her mother hid their faces behind their hands. “Samuel… are you okay?” I asked into the Microphone.
 
“… I feel as if I were hit by a brick-wall!” he answered back.
 
We all shared a concerned look. “Can you see the scanner?”
 
“Yes… it's damaged alright. I will try and fix… if I can reach it!”
 
Samuel decided to take it slowly on his way up the ship's side, he even tugged on his line for support on the way.
 
He was almost up at the top, when he slipped and fell again, but this time when he reached the end of his line… IT SNAPPED IN TWO.
 
… and Samuel was floating away from us. If he used his boosters now, he'd just keep on going.
 
“FATHER…!!” cried Sarah.
 
Elizabeth turned to me, “Captain, what can we do?” she asked, “How can we get a line to him?”
 
“By rocket-gun.” I answered, “… if he doesn't drift too far away.” I handed her the microphone. “…Keep talking to him.”
 
Elizabeth wiped her eyes from the tears of fear. “Samuel…” she spoke softly. “Hold on dear… we're coming to help you!”
 
I came back in with a spacesuit, vest and helmet. Plus a spare line and rocket gun. “Tell Samuel, I'm coming out now!
 
Elizabeth raised the microphone up, “The Capitan's going to suit up now… he'll shoot a spare line with a Rocket gun!”
 
“No… Not the Captain, he's has to stay with the ship!” said Samuel.
 
This was confusing, who was going to get out there, we had to hurry up, because Samuel was slipping away by the minute.
 
“Captain, let me do it, I know I can do it.” Said James, but Elizabeth had already suited herself up.
 
“That's alright dear.” She said, “I'll go do it.”
 
Sarah shook head violently, “Mother, No… I can't lose you too.”
 
“There's no point in Arguing, Sarah.” Said Moses, “Better let her do it.
 
I helped Elizabeth into her helmet, and showed her how to operate the gun, after that, she stepped into the airlock.
 
The moment she set her first foot outside, she almost felt like fainting at all the nothings out there.
 
She secured her Safety line down, and readied the gun. She had to work fats or else all would be lost for her dear Samuel.