Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Into the Future, and Into Space ❯ It's a great big Universe ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
 
 
The aliens didn't really mind that some of their members were dead, it just couldn't be helped, but they had ways to help them.
 
In less than a week, STINGRAY was all loaded up and ready for the long voyage back to Earth.
 
Marsha was even more than willing to come back to Earth with us, because she had nowhere else to go, and also…
 
I was finally able to figure it out that she had a huge crush on me. Boy was I ever amazed.
 
Besides… it would be nice to take her back, and show the world for the first time that there is intelligent life out here in the Universe.
 
With Grandfather's crew watching over Titan in the ship's prison, and my crew ready on the bridge, we took off.
 
“So long Earthlings… have a safe journey home!”
 
I saluted to the aliens down below. “Farewell Martians… and God speed to you all.”
 
Henri fired up the Turbo Boosters, and STINGRAY took off back into Space. “Well everyone… get one last look at Mars while you can.” I said.
 
We all kept on starring at Mars until it was out of sight from our view screens, and it was off to Earth.
 
As I fiddled around my suit, I remember Rhapsody's gift was still in there. It did bring me good luck throughout this entire Mission.
 
I decided it was time to open it up, and what I saw inside it nearly froze me on the spot. It was the half heart shaped rock with my initials on it.
 
 
The one I gave to that brunette at Space camp all those years ago… “But… but… how?!”
 
Then suddenly I remembered something else. I had heard the sound of a girl screaming, it sounded as though she was dying her hair and over did it.
 
“So… I was right all along.” Elizabeth teased. Rhapsody really was that girl I had a crush on long ago, and since I gave her my half of the heart she made…
 
…She must know now too. That I'm that kid she met all those years ago. I couldn't believe it.
 
Everyone started to giggle under their breaths, because now that Marsha was with us… what was going to happen when we got home.
 
Five Days later
 
We docked STINGRAY off at the World Space Station, and took one of the shuttles back down to Earth.
 
“Home… sweet home!” cried Henri.
 
“We made it!” cried James and he and Sarah shared a hug.
 
“What a wonderful sight!” added Sarah.
 
There was quite the commotion when we touched down in California, and even General Gray himself as there to greet us.
 
He volunteered to take Titan back to the labs in England to have him examined all over with the usual batteries of tests.
 
Seeing how he'd respond to…
 
Intense Heat… Freezing Cold… High Voltage… Toxic Substances… Pain… Sleep Deprivation… and Occultation, (that's needles), and even Dissection!
The Perfect Punishment for Titan, considering all the trouble he caused us, and threatening to destroy the world.
 
Finally we made it back to WASP in Florida, and the Angels went wild that we had returned safely especially Rhapsody.
 
She did know indeed that she and I were those young kid we met at Space camp, and now we could be together… except for one little detail.
 
I would tell her at dinner.
 
The Dinner was another Black Tie gala like before, and Grandfather and I had made our little speech at our table.
 
“And that's about it… now we know what we're up against!” I said. “Whole races of people living out there!”
 
“Some bad, and some good!” added James.
 
“Some to help, and some to fight!” replied Sarah.
 
“But Mykan… what I don't understand is… how you were able to last a huge battle and not getting your spacesuits damaged.” Rhapsody asked me.
 
“Well… see that's thing I've been meaning to tell you.” I said, and I pointed towards the door way… and there she was.
 
“Angels… fellow Officers, Rhapsody… Meet Marsha. The latest recruit to the World Astronaut Security Patrol!”
 
Rhapsody could tell just by looking at how sweet that alien girl looked, “Well… what do you know.” she said.
 
“With her on the team, we'll definitely know what to be up against.” Said Troy.
 
“Well…” Rhapsody replied, “I certainly know what I'm up against!”
 
 
We all burst into laughter.
 
As for the Past people. They became full time full-fledged Astronauts, and were given proper living quarters outside of the base.
 
Even if there were times in which they could go home to the past, they didn't want to go back.
 
They actually loved it here in the Future, so much to learn, so many new things to discover… they really did now belong here with us.
 
We planned to go all over the solar system, and explore every bit of it that we could, after all…
 
(Mykan)
 
Everybody lives on a street in a city
Or a village or a town for what it's worth.
(James)
 
And they're all inside a country which is part of a continent
That sits upon a planet known as Earth.
(Sarah)
 
And the Earth is a ball full of oceans and some mountains
Which is out there spinning silently in space.
(Henri)
 
And living on that Earth are the plants and the animals
And also the entire human race.
 
(All four)
 
It's a great big universe
And we're all really puny
We're just tiny little specks
About the size of Mickey Rooney.
It's big and black and inky
And we are small and dinky
It's a big universe and we're not.
 
(Troy)
 
And we're part of a vast interplanetary system
Stretching seven hundred billion miles long.
(Samuel)
 
With nine planets and a sun; we think the Earth's the only one
That has life on it, although we could be wrong.
(Elizabeth)
 
Across the interstellar voids are a billion asteroids
Including meteors and Halley's Comet too.
(Moses)
 
And there's over fifty moons floating out there like balloons
In a panoramic trillion-mile view.
 
(Mykan)
 
And still it's all a speck amid a hundred billion stars
In a galaxy we call the Milky Way.
(James)
 
It's sixty thousand trillion miles from one end to the other
And still that's just a fraction of the way.
(Sarah)
 
'Cause there's a hundred billion galaxies that stretch across the sky
Filled with constellations, planets, moons and stars.
(Henri)
 
And still the universe extends to a place that never ends
Which is maybe just inside a little jar!
 
(EVERYONE)
 
It's a great big universe
And we're all really puny
We're just tiny little specks
About the size of Mickey Rooney.
Though we don't know how it got here
Real important part here
It's a big Universe and it's OURS!
 
THE END