Lord Of The Rings Fan Fiction ❯ If it's not one thing, it's another ❯ Another Trip ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I'm done doing this.

Warnings: No A/L. Kinda sad. ;;

This chapt was hard to write. It's hard when you have two fics with poison in it (stupid that I did it in the first place.. shows my imagination --) I'm trying to make it where they don't sound too alike. I think it's kinda workin'.... I hope so anywayz.

Sry 'bout all the grammer and/or spelling mistakes.

PLZ REVIEW!

-------------------------------------------

If it's not one thing, it's another

Chapter Four

Another Trip

-------------------------------------------

Elladan looked at Aragorn noticing that he was hurt too. He hadn't really seen it before, he had been too concerned with Legolas' condition. He also hadn't gotten a good look since he had to take Legolas to Imladris as fast as he could. Elladan had noticed the bandage on Aragorn's head, of course, but didn't get a chance to question about it. Aragorn looked exhausted and it looked as though he were about to fall asleep.

Elladan stood up and walked over to Aragorn. "Let me take care of your injuries." He said gently so he wouldn't startle Aragorn. It looked like he was lost in his thoughts.

The ranger looked up at him and said, "My injuries are of no importance. Legolas is in much more need."

"Estel, you need to take care of yourself. I'm going to help you whether you agree to it or not." Elladan said sternly. "You should rest as well. What good will you be to Legolas if you're too exhausted to do anything?" He added the part about Legolas knowing that it was Aragorn's weakness at the moment.

Aragorn reluctantly stood up and walked to a different bed. He sat down.

Elladan smiled and grabbed the herbs and other things that were needed. He first checked the head wound, that he thought was wrapped by Legolas by the way it was treated. Legolas hadn't done a bad job, it just didn't look like the work of a healer. Aragorn winced when his brother took off the bandage and started putting the herbs on it. He still had a headache but not nearly as bad as it was before.

"I need you to lay down." Elladan's voice startled Aragorn. He had been paying attention to Legolas and had gotten lost in his own thoughts. Once he recovered he brought his legs up on the bed and lowered himself down, all the while looking at Legolas, wishing that for once they could get back unscathed.

"Fear not, Estel, Legolas will be fine. You know him, he's too stubborn to give up." Elladan told him with a smile.

Aragorn just nodded. Then there was silence once again as Elladan went over Aragorn's injuries.

Legolas' eyes snapped open. He quickly sat up and even though he was coughing harshly he continued to make himself stand. As soon as he started to run for the door his legs crumpled beneath him and he fell. This all happened before Aragorn or anyone else could stop him. They were all shocked at Legolas' sudden need to get up and leave. The blonde elf hadn't moved in a while and he just woke up wanting to leave.

Aragorn quickly got up from the bed and went to Legolas, after he had gotten over his shock, of course.

"What's wrong? Why did you want to leave so quickly?" He asked quietly so he wouldn't alarm the elf, seeing that he was already frightened for some reason.

Legolas looked at him startled. Apparenly Aragorn's attempt in not scaring him hadn't worked. He tried to get up again but Aragorn wouldn't allow him to. Whatever Legolas dreamed must have deeply troubled him.

"What is it, mellon nin?" He tried again.

Legolas' eyes were darting back and forth between the door and Aragorn. Finally he stated, "I... I must go. You... you are all in danger if.. if I stay."

Legolas was starting to scare him now, the look on his face was one of horror that Aragorn had never seen on the elf before and it frightened him to see it now.

"Why are we in danger?" He tried to get more information from the terrified elf.

"They... they are a-after me."

"No one is after you, Legolas." Aragorn tried to reassure him, it didn't seem to work though.

"Calm down, Legolas. Everything is alright." Elladan had came over to help calm the elf down with Aragorn. He also had no effect on Legolas. "I'll get ada." He figured that he would know what to do. He quickly left.

Elrohir, who had came over as well, tried to help Leoglas up. Aragorn also helped him, they wanted to get Legolas back into his bed. They hoped that he would be able to get more rest, they all knew how much he needed it.

As soon as they started heading towards the bed Legolas started struggling. "Nay, I must go the other way. I have to leave." They could both tell that Legolas wouldn't be able to struggle much longer, his attempts were getting weaker.

"I must leave. You-"

Before he could finish his sentence the blonde elf passed out and fell against Elrohir. He quickly shifted his balance so he wouldn't drop Legolas. Aragorn and Elrohir gently put him back on his bed and pulled the covers back over him.

"It is getting worse." Aragorn mumbled to himself worriedly. He was shocked over what had just happened.

Elladan came back with Elrond at his heels.

"What happened?" Elrond asked since Elladan didn't tell him anything, only that he had to come quickly.

"I think he is delirious now." Aragorn started. "He just woke up and said that him being here was putting us in danger and that he needed to leave."

Elrond listened while he looked at Legolas.

"He quickly got out of bed and attempted to leave but his injured leg wouldn't allow it so he collapsed. He still tried to get away but he fell unconscious before he could get anywhere." Elrohir finished.

Elrond nodded.

"Did you find the antidote yet?" Aragorn asked anxiously.

"I'm afraid not." Elrond said absentmindedly. He placed his hand on Legolas' forhead and frowned. It seem like his fever had risen dangerously high. "How long did he try to leave before he fell unconscious?" He asked concerned, still checking the elf.

"Not too long." Elrohir answered. "I do not know exactly how long, we were a little distracted."

Elrond took off the bandage that was on Legolas' leg and looked at it. It had started to bleed again. 'Will they ever come back unharmed?' He thought for a second and shook his head. It was Legolas and Aragorn he was thinking about.

Lord Elrond grabbed the herbs that had already been prepared before he came in. He knew they would be needed so had gotten them ready earlier, he had a lot of experience with orc's poison before. Each time the poison seemed different, which wasn't any fun for him. The lord put the herbs on the wound and rebandaged it. The only movement he got from Legolas was some twitching, which greatly worried him. Even if he was unconscious he normally responded more than that.

Elrond finished up; then said, "Make sure he stays in bed. What he just did put too much strain on his already tired body." He sighed heavily. "I am going to look for the antidote again. I he wakes up give him something to ease the pain and that will make him sleep. If he gets any worse get me immediately."

They all nodded and watched Elrond leave. Then they turned their attention back to Legolas. The blonde archer wasn't moving at all. Th eonly way you could tell he was alive was from his ragged breathing.

"Estel, I did not finish looking at your wounds. Would you site back down on the bed?" Elladan said after a while. He knew that Aragorn wasn't going to move so he went next to him and pulled him up from the chair he was sitting on.

The ranger knew that he wouldn't be able to get away without having his wounds looked at so he just went along with Elladan. He layed back down when he got to the bed.

-------------------------------------

Elladan had long finished with Aragorn. They were all waiting for Elrond to return with the antidote. Elrohir had started pacing back and forth by the door, Elladan and Aragorn were sitting next to Legolas watching him. He still hadn't moved since he tried to escape. It was making them all scared.

"Elrohir, stop pacing. You're making me nervous." Elladan finally told his twin. He had been pacing for about ten minutes now.

"I cannot help it. We are just sitting here watching. It hurts to know that we are not able to help him; you can tell he is in pain." Elrohir stopped to reply. He first looked to Elladan but then his eyes went back to the elf lying in bed.

It was true that you could tell Legolas was in pain, even though in deep sleep. His eyes were tightly shut and his hands were grasping the blanket tightly.

The doors opened and Elrond came striding in. They all looked.

It hurt Elrond to see the look of hope in their eyes for he had no good news. "I am afraid that I cannot make an antidote. I need a sample of the poison." Their hopeful look quickly changed to one of disappointment.

"I will go." Aragon spoke up. He had to save Legolas. Legolas would do the same for him. Besides he couldn't just sit here and watch his best friend die.

"You will not. You are not yet recovered." Elrond said firmly.

"I have to! He is my best friend and I will not sit by and watch him die!" He said angry for being denied the chance to save Legolas.

Elrond was about to protest again when Elladan spoke.

"Both Elrohir and I will go with him. We will try to find the arrow that hit Legolas and bring it back." He turned to Aragorn. "Do you remember where you pulled the arrow out?"

Aragorn nodded. He hoped that he'd be able to go. Well, he would do anyway. He would just have to sneak out if Elrond didn't let him go. He also hoped that Elladan and Elrohir would be able to go with, he didn't want to run into more orcs and have to fight them all off himself, especially since he was still injured.

Elrond sighed. He knew that there was no way he'd be able to convince Aragorn not to go and thought that if he did go it would be better for the twins to go with. Hoping that this one time nothing bad would happen to them, he let them go. He knew that Aragorn had a thing for attracting trouble without realizing it, so he was already worried and they hadn't even left yet!

Elladan and Elrohir had both left to get their things together, but Aragorn hesitated before leaving. He was looking at Legolas.

"Fear not, ion nin, I will watch him."

Aragorn nodded; then left, knowing that Elrond would never lie to him, especially at the risk of someone's life.

Elrond sat down on the chair that had been placed next to Legolas' bed. He sighed. 'I'm getting too old for this.'

-----------------------------------

Hope it was good. Yeah, not smart to have two fics involving poison. Nope nope. Well, I'm off to bed. It's 3:10am, whoa when'd that happen....

PLZ REVIEW!

Ja ne