Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Enough is Enough ❯ Enough Is Enough ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Love Hina or any of the characters. I wouldn't be sitting here if I did.
 
Chapter 1: Enough is Enough
 
“Urashima!” Motoko Aoyama yells. “What vile, perverse thing are you doing to Shinobu now?”
Keitaro Urashima looks like the deer caught in the headlights of an on-coming car. What Motoko didn't know is that while Shinobu was coming into the living room and slipped. He had seen her slip and managed to catch her before she did any real damage to herself. After all, the coffee table was just behind her if she would have fell. This is when Motoko happens to walk in the room and catch her in his arms.
“N-nothing! I swear! She just about fell and I caught her before she hit her head,” Keitaro stutters. “Honest!” He then lets go of Shinobu and backs away like she is molten lava.
Meanwhile, Shinobu Maehara was on Cloud Nine. She was in the one person she loved arms! Oh, how she wished that Keitaro would never let go! That was when she came to out of her reverie and then followed the conversation.
“Right!” Motoko exclaims. “You just happen to save her quite often, never mind getting into other perverse situations with the others. Sometimes, I wonder why we still let you stay here as our manager when you are nothing but a perverted male. This is the last straw! DIE Keitaro Urashima! SECRET ART: BOULDER CUTTING BLADE!”
`Aww crap,' Keitaro thinks to himself as Motoko unleashes her ki into him, sending him flying into the hotsprings where none other than Naru Narusegawa is relaxing. `Damn, this isn't going to end up good at all.'
“You pervert!” Naru exclaims. “Super Naru Punch!”
`Damn it, this just isn't my day, then again, when do I ever have a day when I don't get hit?,' as he goes flying for the second time in less than five minutes. “Why me…?” he yells, airborne. He lands at the bottom of the stairs to Hinata-sou. He gets up and dusts himself off. `I have got to remember to thank God for my ability for immortality. I would have died several times over if not for it,' he thinks.
As he climbs the stairs, he comes to a realization. He thinks to himself, `I hate this, always having to pick myself off the ground because of mix-ups that aren't my own. I almost always get hit and I don't even get the chance to offer any explanations for me being in the situation that I am found in. Motoko and Naru seemingly don't care. They assume that all men are perverts and will do anything to a young woman. They just assume that I can't control myself and must severely harass the women here. Su, she drop-kicks me and uses me for a guinea pig for her inventions every chance she gets. She almost always ambushes me when I least expect it. Mitsune, she flirts with me to get money for sake and seduces me to get away with paying the rent. The only ones that treat me like a human are Shinobu and Mutsumi. I think I'll leave but I need to think on it some more first. I need to figure out exactly how I am going to go about it.'
As soon as Keitaro walks back in the dorm, Shinobu can tell something is wrong. “It's okay sempai,” Shinobu says. “I told Motoko that you weren't at fault and that you did nothing wrong.”
“Thanks Shinobu,” Keitaro says. “I'm going to my room to think some. Can you come get me when dinner is ready?”
“Yes sempai,” agrees Shinobu.
As Keitaro heads to his room, he is surprised by a kick to the back of his head and a metal turtle that just so happens to be flying.
“Su,” Keitaro exclaims. “Stop doing that please? What do you have there this time?” he asks, afraid to find out.
“Mecha-Tama version VI,” Kaolla Su states proudly. “Say ahh!” At this, she presses a button on a remote in her hand, making the mechanical turtle shoot missiles at Keitaro.
`Damn, not again,' he thinks to himself as he is blasted again to the hot springs. `Naru must be getting her jollies off by whacking me around.' But lo and behold, the hot spring is empty. `Whew,' he sweatdrops, `that could have been really ugly if Naru was still in here.'
Heading back up to his room, he runs into Mitsune (Kitsune) Konno. `Great, just great,' he thinks, `I wonder how many bottles of sake she wants to get me to buy for her now or is she going to try to get out of paying for rent for the next month?'
“Hiya Kei-kun,” she says happily, slightly drunk. “Do you mind if I borrowed some money from you so I can get some more sake?” She runs her fingers down his chest. “I promise I'll make it up to you later,” she says sweetly.
“Yeah,” Keitaro says blushing like a maniac and getting a slight nosebleed. “Just leave me alone for a bit when you get back. I got to think about some things,” he says as he hands her a 5000 yen note.
“No problem! See ya around big boy,” she says as she kisses him on the cheek as she runs out the door.
Keitaro goes into his room and shuts the door. He gets out of his wet clothes and changes into a pair of shorts and a tank top. He lays on his bed and begins to think on what he should do about the residents.
`Okay, I have been here a year already and the only one to warm up to me is Shinobu, not much has changed outside of that. I'm not surprised that I failed the entrance exam to Todai (Tokyo University) again. I'm just disappointed that I let Shinobu down. In a year, I thought that the girls would have changed for the better, if anything, they got worse. Shinobu has been the only constant in my life here. She supports me unconditionally and does more than her share of the chores. Whatever I decide, I have got to let her know first because of her loyalty to me,' he thinks.
`Now, as fir the tenants here,' he contemplates. `I want to go over what they do to help out in the dorm, if anything. I'll think I'll start with Naru since she is the easiest.'
`Naru Narusegawa, hmm, she seems to think that all men are perverts. She doesn't do much around the dorm although she does know how to cook. It might not look the most appetizing but at least it tastes good. She hasn't had to cook since Shinobu moved in here though. She hasn't done anything else though since then. I will say that she can be nice to guys when she wants to. She has helped me study for the entrance exam although she tends to send me into the atmosphere for any mistake that she can deem as perverse. While she has a good head on her shoulders, she tends to be a tad overly violent. She may also be the promise girls, the whole reason why I am trying to get into Todai in the first place.'
`Mutsumi Otohime, a sweet but klutzy person. Although she doesn't live here, since she is trying to get into Todai as well, she has a room for her here as well. She is a sweetheart, although a bit forgetful most of the time. With her anemia, she faints all the time and if you didn't know any better, you would think she was dead. Although she seems like a space cadet, she is very intelligent, a fact which would be proven if only she didn't faint during the Todai exams. She also might be the promised girl in my dreams.'
`Now for Mitsune, AKA Kitsune, Konno,' he thinks, turning to his side and using his arm for a pillow. `I know she got the nickname Kitsune for being sneaky and crafty like a fox, a fact that is proven every time she gets money from me for sake. I don't think a day goes by when she isn't trying to scam something from someone. Like Naru, she doesn't do much of anything around the dorm, unless you include watching TV or being in her room while drinking is doing something productive. She is also always seducing me to give her money of to conveniently `forget' about her having to pay rent. I don't think she has ever paid rent since she has been here. I'm pretty sure that she also knows that much of what happens around here are accidents but she doesn't speak up or anything to try and get me off the hook. She is only out for herself and quite frankly, I'm getting tired of it.'
“Let's see, who else is left,” Keitaro mumbles, turning around and putting his hands behind his head. `Ah, Motoko Aoyama, another rather violent one but it seems as if it is only projected to males. I think that might have to do with her sister, Tsuruko getting married. I guess she feels left out of everything. She is now due to inherit God's Cry School when she graduates. Although I admire her for her sword skill, that does not give her the right to take out her anguish for males on me. Again, like Kitsune and Naru, she really doesn't do much around the dorm. She spends much of her time training and at school. Her dojo pays the rent for her to stay here so I guess its okay but I'm pretty sure that the dojo does not teach women to beat up on males without taking in the entire situation before hand.'
“Kaolla Su, a nice bundle of energy,' Keitaro thinks as he scratches his nose. `She's a genius already and a princess of a foreign nation to boot, Mol Mol, what an interesting name. It seems that when the moon becomes red, she seems to age into an 18 to 20 year-old, something to do with the moons rays I guess. When she isn't drop-kicking me or testing her inventions on me, she is rather sweet. She doesn't do much around the dorm either but her country pays the rent.'
`Finally, the sweetest one of the bunch, Shinobu Maehara,' he thinks to himself. `She has been the only thing that has kept me going so far. She does the laundry, cooks the meals and keeps the kitchen clean and doesn't get as much as a think you from the other girls. She does all this without complaining or asking for anything in return. She of all the borders here is the only one that doesn't have to pay rent, for two reasons. One, I asked her to stay here to get away from her arguing parents and two, she already does so much work around here and is also underage s it's not as if she can get a job. I just think it would be a shame to charge her for all that she does of her own free will.'
Keitaro sighs heavily, `I wonder what I should do? Shinobu is the only reason for me to stay right now?'
Knock, knock. Shinobu sticks her head in the door. “Sempai, dinner is ready.”
“Thank you Shinobu. I'll be right there,” he replies.
“Okay sempai,” Shinobu says.
As Keitaro gets up to go to dinner, he thinks to himself, `I don't want to do this but I have got to leave this place, at least for a little while. I just can't take much more abuse.' With these thoughts, he goes down to dinner.