Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Immortal Flame ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Love Hina or any characters, events, or nuances therein contained. They are the property of Ken Akamatsu and his respectful companies and business partners. I garner nothing but joy and the love of creating fan fiction from this story.
 
Prologue
 
My life has never been normal, but as of late things have taken a turn for the weird. Everything in my life had finally settled down and I was beginning to go somewhere with my life. Then IT happened. Looking back at it, the specifics seem fuzzy, but I remember the general incident. I'm sorry, where are my manners. My name is Keitaro Urashima. I'm a Tokyo University student as well as the manager of an all girls dormitory. That last part was due in part to my grandmother, as kooky as she may be. Apparently, she thought that I needed to be more social with members of the opposite sex, and let me tell you that there was very little socializing that I could do. Those that live in the Hinata area are well accustomed to seeing me flying in the lower stratosphere. Hence another one of my problems.
 
Being the manager of an all girls dorm is not an easy task, especially if you're a man. For starters, we have our local drunk Kitsune. Her real name is Mitsune, but due to her mischievous antics, she's been given her nickname. If she's not trying to get money out of me, she's drunker than a skunk at festival. Then there's the local super genius. Scratch that, evil super genius, Kaolla Su. She loves to test out her experiments, and guess who's the guinea pig? Moving right along, we have Motoko. She is one of the more dangerous residents. Her family is filled with warriors of an ancient clan that exorcised, and still does, demons. She is usually trying to cleave me in two with her sword than rather notice what I'd done is an accident. Then of course there are the only two residents that seem to be nice to me. Shinobu and Mutsumi. Shinobu is about fifteen years old, and is a sweet girl. Ever since she came to Hinata Inn, she's been cooking food for us, despite my insisting that I do the cooking. Mutsumi, on the other hand is usually one of the reasons why I'm chased around the house. With her bad health and constant fainting spells, she usually winds up pinning me in some very compromising positions. Though she may cause me the most pain unintentionally, she is still a very nice and kind person, despite her blunt nature.
 
Then there's Naru. At first, I thought her to be a mean hearted and cruel person that would rather take my head off than look at me. But as time progressed, she began to open up to me and I began to feel myself drawn to her. Call me a sadist, but I actually enjoyed it when she beat me up. At least this way I knew I had her attention. But aside from all that, the times that I live for are when we're alone and the only thing that we see is the other for who they are. Then after the whole annex situation, we finally opened up to each other and since then we've been together.
 
However, I'm not telling you this to garner pity. That's the last thing on my mind. The reason I tell you this, is to make sure that the memory of who I am and who knew me is passed on to another. For all that's happened, I don't think I'll be able to continue on, yet I must. They are all counting on me to. So I continue on with my fight, to ensure that they'll be able to tell their children and their children's children about the man that helped and saved them all. To tell their descendants of the Immortal Keitaro; friend and hero to the world.