Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hina: Confessions ❯ The Aftermath. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
, Confessions.

A/N I do not own Love Hina or anything from it, only Ken Akamatsu owns it and the characters....lucky guy.

*side note* sorry for the long delay in updating. work has kept me busy as well as my other interests. I do hope that you enjoy this latest chapter, and your continued support with your reviews has always helped in my creative process. now enough of that stuff...on with the show.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -

After walking around town for about an hour, Mitsune found Keitaro sitting at a bench in a park not too far away from Hinata Inn.

His once radiant and flawless clothes were now dirty and torn; the expression on his face told a story of pain and suffering… and even maybe a bit of envy.

Mitsune stopped a few feet away from him to look on for a moment. Eventually after about half a minute, she couldn’t stand it any longer and walked up to him; Keitaro hadn’t even noticed her approaching. Mitsune decided to make the first move by trying to hold his hand. However, just before her fingertips graced his hand, the young kanrinin spoke.

“You know, MItsune-chan? I’m envious…of you...” his voice had a deflated tone in it.

“Envious… of me? Why Keitaro-kun..?” she asked in mild shock at his sudden revelation.

“Because… no-one hits you… no-one calls you a pervert…you’re not CLUMSY. You’re never at the wrong place at the wrong time…” his voice took an even more depressed and defeated tone.

Kitsune remained quiet for a moment, thinking on her next words.

“Look, Keitaro…I think I already told you awhile back. Please Kei, understand that not everyone treats you, or thinks of you that way!” the young man’s lack of self-appreciation had by now, stopped being amusing.

She stopped for a moment when she noticed his eyes dart over to her, giving her a ‘Are you freaking kidding me?!’ kind of look. Her eyebrows furrowed mildly and pressed on. “Alright, now. DON’T look at me like that. You KNOW I’m right, mister. I mean, just think about it!”

“Shinobu-chan would commit Hara-Kiri before treating you in such terrible ways, according to you. Su-chan would never do so, either. I mean, yeah, she often drop-kicks you and tries out her experiments on you” Mitsune sweat-dropped slightly, “but she would never do so outta anger or malice! Now, let’s not even talk about Mutsumi-san. Hell, Turtle Lady wouldn’t even hurt a fly…or…well, a wild flying turtle” the voluptuous woman let out a chuckle, which Keitaro shared. She smiled. However, she then gave the young man an apologetic look as she continued. “Now, I can’t say I’m innocent on that matter. I myself have done bad things to you, yes. Like… using you to get out of rent or flirting with you to get free sake-money…and well, getting you in trouble with Motoko-chan and Naru. But…well, this might sound dumb, but… I never meant to actually harm you. Well… physically anyway” Kitsune rubbed the back of her head in embarrassment. Keitaro took her hand and gave it a little squeeze. The foxy lady looked at him and he gave her a smile.

“Don’t worry, Mitsune-chan. I forgive you” he said. Her cheeks flushed a healthy shade of crimson, which quickly vanished when she spoke again.

“Now, Motoko-chan… to be really honest…she DOES have some issues with men…and of course, that leads to beating the crap out of you” she leaned in closer to Keitaro and her eyes opened half-way and she whispered in his ear: “Look, I’m gonna tell you something about her, which you must never, EVER say to ANYONE else. That is…if you wanna live past today.” She looked Keitaro in the eye and he nervously nodded. She took a small breath.

“Motoko-chan writes romance novels” Keitaro’s eyes widened to inhuman lengths.

“WHAT?!” he blurted out. Mitsune covered her ears with her hands and then shut his mouth with her right hand.

“Yes. That’s right: She writes romance novels. And before you ask, yes I have seen and read them. After all, I AM a freelance writer. Now, one thing that stands out from her writings…is that most things you guys go through, appear in her novels…in a different…mmmm…context, so to speak.” A question mark appeared over Keitaro’s head. Mitsune sighed and continued.

“Honestly, sugar… no matter how many times she has hit you or called you a pervert… deep down I seriously believe she HAS feelings for you. She probably loves you…she just…y’know, holds it all in and falls in denial…in her own way of course.” Keitaro almost fainted at Mitsune's revelation.

However, his mind had yet one more question before letting itself fall into blissful unconsciousness.

Then…WHY does Naru treat me the way that she does...?”

Kitsune folded her arms over her chest and frowned, remembering how she snapped at the brunette awhile back. She spoke while tapping her chin.

“Naru-chan… hmmm… she’s a tricky one. She does like you, Keitaro. Hell, she probably loves you. However, she has troubles getting past her own mental barriers that she herself has built, much like Motoko-chan has done herself. Now… don't get me wrong Kei. They both actually intend to physical harm to you. But…well, I’ve known them for awhile and really, they’re my friends, so I don’t wanna offend them…but have in mind, Keitaro….that the beat you up pretty much out of their own insecurities rather than anything else”

When she came out of her thinking state, she looked back at Keitaro and nearly laughed out loud at his rather…dumb look as he processed Mitsune’s psychological analysis of Naru.. A moment later, he “woke up”

“W-Whoa…I-I never knew you were…well…that deep, Mitsune-chan” he started with an embarrassed blush. “Well, I..I’d have a hard time trying to believe that either Motoko-chan or even Naru could have ANY real feelings towards me… I mean just look at me.” he stopped and looked down at his own state of dress. He went on." I haven’t got ANY real redeeming qualities! I’m not tall, nor am I good looking…I mean, yeah I always see everything in a positive light, but even so...what do I have that makes someone love me...?” his whole body seemed to sink into the park bench at his last statement. The foxy lady at his side let out a sigh and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“You want an honest answer, Keitaro?” Mitsune said softly and with her eyes nearly fully open at his comment.

“Yes Mitsune-chan... I do” he nodded.

“It's because of your heart Keitaro. That’s it. You don't have to be some kinda playboy or somethin’. It's solely because of your HEART” she softly placed her hand on his chest, earning a blush from him. “That’s exactly WHY all of the girls, including Naru-chan and Motoko-chan have fallen in love with you… why I fell in love with you.” The voluptuous woman whispered that last part in his ear.

Even though she had confessed her feelings to him awhile ago, it still made both her heart and his jump with excitement.

But then, something Mitsune said finally clicked into his brain. Keitaro pulled back a bit and spoke.

“W-Wait a minute here…! Did you just say ALL of the girls…? Look, err… I somehow, always knew Mutsumi-san had feelings for me…she’s already told me before” he blushed and rubbed the back of his head. He went on, “b-but…you mean…y-you mean that Shinobu-chan and Su-chan…?” he was now starting to freak out. THAT was just crazy.

Mitsune just shook her head and let out a small chuckle at his un-ending cluelessness. “Yep. That’s EXACTLY what I’m sayin’, Kei-kun.” She patted his shoulder and gave him her patented wink. “Congratulations, stud! You’ve got yourself a harem!”

That did it. Keitaro’s eye twitched. It then twitched again.

“No…way…” were his last words before his mind shut down entirely.
------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------
Hinata Inn
About an hour later…

“I-Is Sempai going to be ok?” Shinobu asked with evident worry in her voice.

“Yeah, ‘he ok? And when do we eat? Kaolla’s hungry!” the MolMolian princess asked in a somewhat concerned way, just before her stomach overrode her brain.

“Yeah , our stud here’ll be just find, you two. Y’know, by just looking at him you would never think he could weigh so much…” Mitsune commented and winced while rubbing the kinks out of her shoulders and ankles. She groaned. “Word of advice to you: never carry anyone home in high heels.” the two teenagers nodded in unison.

Naru walked in a few minutes later and once she laid eyes on Keitaro's prone form lying on the couch, she saw with not only Mitsun, but also Kaolla and Shinobu hovering over him. At seeing this display of affection towards WHAT she believed to be HER Keitaro, the brunette felt an all-too-familiar pang of jealousy run through her entire body.

However, just as she always did, she elected not to do anything about it and walked quickly upstairs to her room.

‘H-HOW could he do this to ME!? I thought that he…he loved me…!' Naru was up in her room pacing and running her hands through her hair, regarding what she believe to be Keitaro's betrayal to his love for her. 'I-It's not like I always show I DON’T care for him! I mean, yeah sure I hit him…but that’s ALL because he IS a pervert! Damn it! He’s just so…so PERVERTED…! Isn’t he…?' she asked herself, not entirely sure of her own thoughts at this point.

Naru continued with her inner musings and pacing about her room before a knock at her door brought her out of her reveree.

“Who is it!” she asked rudely, annoyed at being interrupted.

“Naru-sempai. It’s me, Motoko.” The kendoist informed from the other side of the closed door.

“O-Oh…Ok, come in Motoko-chan” Naru said to her fellow Pervert-Basher comrade.

Motoko walked in gracefully, shutting the door behind her. She then proceeded to sit on the floor next to Naru's ever present Liddo-Kun doll.

“I wanted to ask you something Naru-sempai.” Motoko waited for Naru to give her the go before continuing.

“What is it Motoko-chan?” Naru asked with curiosity while rubbing her forehead.

“It’s about Urashima” Naru’s eyes widened at first but then narrowed. Motoko ignored this and went on. “I think that this sudden change in Urashima’s attitude towards Kitsune-san at lunch time was…how do I say this…somewhat suspicious. I was wondering if you thought the same way as I, and if that’s the case, if you had any idea as to how this change could have happened.” She spoke fluently and calmly.

For the briefest second, however, Motoko’s expression assumed that of someone who had been struck by a baseball in the gut. But as quickly as it appeared, it vanished. Naru for her part, didn’t noticed anything.

“Well, actually yeah. We are thinking the same. Look, when I followed Keitaro and Kitsune on their…DATE…” Naru spat that last word, “I waited outside the restaurant they were eating in. Once the came out, I took care of nailing the baka for corrupting Kitsune. But then…” Naru’s expression changed from poisonous to confused and mildly shocked. “Right after I dealt his fair dessert, Kitsune cornered me and started to…I don’t know, accuse and yell at me…and God knows, I’ve NEVER seen her so angry before. I don’t know…it’s like she ACTUALLY liked being on that date with him or something!”

“Do you think… it maybe possible…that she did want to be with Urashima on this date...?” that same expression briefly flashed across Motoko's features once again, this time lasting longer than before.

“No” Naru stated flatly, raising her hands in the air. “I DON’T WANT to believe it. But…” Naru’s expression turned angry and sorrowful. “But…the way she reacted to me when I hit him…I-I don’t-I don’t know.”

“Maybe we should talk with Kitsune-san about this.” Motoko suggested as she got up from her kneeling position.

“You go ahead Motoko-chan. After what happened between me and Kitsune…it would be wise if I just stayed here. I don’t her to bite my head off again…” Naru excused herself with a hurt look, folding her arms over her chest.

“Very well, then.” Motoko said and gave a formal bow to Naru before walking out of the room and heading downstairs to where the rest of the residents of the Inn were currently watching over their manager.
-------------------------------------------------------------- ---
Common room.

The trio of girls was still watching over Keitaro as he slept peacefully on the couch.

Mutsumi was the only one absent, since she was called by her parents all the way back to Okinawa. Her mother had passed out while walking down the stairs and was currently bedridden in the hospital.

Motoko was walking down the stairs when she heard her fellow tenants’ voices coming from the common room.

“Maybe I can make him his favorite meal for dinner tonight” Shinobu thought out loud as she watched her sleeping Sempai. Su heard her, of course.

“YAY! Keitaro's favorite! Ohhh hurry up Shinobu! Kaolla’s SO hungry!” the tanned skinned blonde said while rubbing her belly.

“That’d probably be a good Idea Shinobu-chan. Why don't you go ahead and get started on that?” Mitsune “innocently” suggested, hoping to be alone with Keitaro for a moment or two.

“Ok Mitsune-sempai. Kaolla, why don't you come and help me” just as the words left her lips, there was a flash of white, light brown and blue with a big gust of wind behind it that flew past her and into the kitchen where she heard Kaolla calling her.

“Hurry up Shinobu! Hungry!” Shinobu just shook her head with a smile..

The older woman watched as Shinobu walked to the kitchen to start dinner. She then turned to Keitaro.

As she watched him sleep… she couldn't help but smile at how peaceful he looked at that moment.

“You know Kei-kun? You may not think you’re good looking, sugar. But you really ARE cute, even with those glasses of yours.” She whispered to him, and with that, she bent down and planted a soft kiss right on his lips.

Motoko just stood at the foot of the stairs watching the whole affair take place. Not knowing exactly what to do, Motoko stood still without making a sound. After Mitsune lifted her head up, Motoko took the time to walk quickly, but quietly back up the stairs and into her own bedroom.

She walked up to her futon and she sat down. She gently placed her sword on the floor next to her, before covering her face with her hands.

She then wept.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---
1 hour later.

Shinobu sent Su to go and fetch everyone for dinner.

Su ran at her usual speed, skidding around corners, barely slowing down when she reached her first door, which happened to be Naru's room. She knocked but received no answer. She knocked again.

“What?” was the annoyed reply. Of course, Kaolla being the hyperactive genious she is didn't notice the tone of voice.

“It’s Kaolla! Shinobu says dinner’s ready” without waiting for an answer Su sped off towards Motoko's room.

Once she reached her destination, Kaolla heard a strange sound coming from the other side of the closed door. Something…something Kaolla had never heard before. It sounded like…like crying? She knocked anyway.

“W-w-who is it?” The resident samurai asked without opening the door, trying to steady her breath and shaky voice and speak in her normal, emotionless voice.

She failed miserably.

“Motoko? It’s Kaolla. Shinobu says dinner is ready. Hey, ‘you Ok?” The younger girl took on an un-usual serious tone voice that was full of concern for her regular bedmate. A tone of voice nobody in the Hinata District were used to hear, anyway.

The door slid open and what greeted Su was something she had concluded long ago was absolutely impossible.

Motoko's snow-white face was now flushed red and her eyes were puffy and bloodshot; clear evidence of the sorrowful crying she had done in the last hour.

After seeing what transpired between a sleeping Keitaro and a fully awake Mitsune, for some reason, Motoko couldn't take in such a pictureanymore and her emotions had spilled over from the months of suppression.

“Motoko…? What’s wrong…? Kaolla has never seen Motoko like this” the MolMolian princess was even more concerned now.

“I-It’s nothing of importance, Su-chan. Don't trouble yourself over me… As it would seem no-one else does…” she whispered the last part. However, the older girl’s almost hollow tone of voice which shocked Su to no end.

“But…Kaolla is worried about you” Su finally said after recovering from her initial shock.

“Thank you Su-chan. Your concern is touching, but...I will be fine.” Su's comment made Motoko’s lips curve into a smile; the first smile she’d show in the entire day. ”Let’s go and eat” of course, that did it. That brought Su back to her normal self, who then rushed back to the dinning room area, leaving Motoko to walk at a slower pace.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
A/N thank you guys for waiting so paitently. I hope you enjoyed this chapter that I and my beta-reader Major Mike Powell III wrote. I know Motoko might have seemed out of character, but again this story is called confessions after all, and besides, she is only human. don't forget to read and review to let me know how I can improve.