Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Third Crowd ❯ Chapter 8: " Dark Secrets" ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Third Crowd

Disclaimer: I don't own Love Hina. Su, she is the jungle girl or monkey girl if you like. She's curious, and doesn't mind exploring something new. She's good with gadgets.

=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\ =\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=

=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=77=7=7=7=7=7= 7=7

Flash Back: Chapter 7

Matthew asked to stay in the inn for the weekend, and the gang let him. The next morning Rem and Matthew had a training, which ended with Matthew backing out. Meanwhile, Shinobu asks Yaite to come with her and her friends to do a little stroll in the mall. On their way back they see the sun sink into the sea. Yaite remembered someone in his past when he saw the sun set. He tries to but cannot forget that day.

=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7=7 =7=7=7

=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8 =8=8=8

Chapter 8: " Dark Secrets"

=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8=8 =8=8=8

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=* =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

-Flash Back-

A man jumps from branch to branch in a dark forest. Some men were pursuing him. The man is badly wounded and can't keep running for much longer. He found a hiding place inside a dead tree's trunk. The pursuers stop and scan the area, and then after searching the area they move to continue the search. The man gets out of his hiding place and walks towards an open area. He rests, sitting down against a tree. He tries to gain some strength but hears something moving in the forest. He draws out his pistol and waits for the creature to come out. Then it appears out of the bushes…

The man points his pistol at the one coming out.

" Eeek!"

A woman dropped the basket she's carrying when she saw a man pointing a gun at her.

" Huh? A woman?"

The man puts down his weapon and tried to stand, but he was still too weak and his wound was making him weaker by the minute. The woman then looked at her basket with some herbs and mushrooms inside. But most of its contents fell on the ground.

" Ahh, my herbs! These won't do any good anymore!"

The woman said in frustration. She looks at the man and complains.

" How am I suppose to finish my grand mother's medicine now?"

She noticed the man was holding his side, she saw the blood and wound and then quickly ran towards the man.

" You're wounded…"

" Stay back!"

" Let me see your wound!"

The woman tries to examine the wound if it is fatal or not. But the man just pushed her back away from him.

" I said STAY BACK!"

" If you won't let me see it, you may die!"

The woman insisted on treating the wound. The man now pulls out his gun and points it at her head.

" You can kill me but I must see your injuries first and let me help you"

" What? Why would you help me?"

" I don't want to see other people suffer so much…"

" Heh, How naive!" The man snickered

" I may be naive but it will not stop me from helping you."

" Even if it will cause you your death?" the man glared at the woman

" I WILL help you no matter what." She said in a determined tone

The man sees the determination in the eyes of the woman and lowered his weapon. The woman then moved closer to treat the wound.

" This looks bad, but luckily I brought some medicine and bandages with me, you should be thankful!"

"…"

" Hmmm, not the funny type aren't we…" She stands up to get her basket. She pulls out some bandages and some medicine.

" After I give you the first medication we need to get you some where to stay, we can't treat the wound here, it may get infected."

" I'm not planning to stay that long…" The man tries to stand again, he was able to stand up but consuming almost all his energy.

" H-hey! You shouldn't stand up!"

" Leave me be…"

" I can't, let me take back at my house."

" Don't joke around…ugh!" The man falls down again due to the pain.

" See, I told you…"

" Fine…"

" Great, now let me help you up." The woman helps the man stand up, she supports him as they walked towards the town.

" Tell me, who are you?" The man asked

" Hmm? I'm Sophia and you are?"

" …Yaite…"

" Yaite!"

"YAITE!"

-Flash Back End-

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=* =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Yaite wakes up in the sofa and sees Sato calling him. He blinks a few times trying to adjust his vision. He stands up and follows Sato, knowing why he was called.

" So, you had a nice nap? =^_^="

" I was, then you interrupted me."

" Yeah? Sorry `bout that =^_^="

They went inside Rem's room, Rem was inside waiting for the two of them. He sits down near his study table and faces the two friends.

Rem's Room ( 10:13 am)

" Sit down, we have something to talk about."

" What is it this time?" Yaite walks near the door and leans on the wall.

" Something good or bad? =^_^="

Sato jumps on the bed and lies down after a few jumps.

" We still have no information about the you know what, so I guess we have to stay a bit longer."

" Is he slacking off again? He usually gets it done after a few days or so but now…It's been almost a month and he still has no information" Yaite crosses his arms.

" I don't mind, I like staying here anyway =^_^="

" You should stay focused and don't forget why we're here."

Someone knocks on the door putting a stop to their meeting will be postponed for a while. Yaite opens the door and finds Keitaro.

" Hello, oh you are all here then…"

" What is it?"

" The gang decided to do something this week end and we were hoping you guys can come."

" Where are we going?" Rem asked

" Hmmm…I think they decided we should go to a theme park or something."

" YAY! Theme Park! =^_^=" Sato starts to jump up and down on the bed again.

" Sure, we'll come."

" We have to buy tickets then…"

" Oh, don't worry Narusegawa and I already took care of that…"

" Oh, okay then."

" Hey Keitaro! Wanna try this new gadget of mine? =^_^="

" GWAAAH! Maybe some other time! *_*"

" The last gadget you wanted me to try out sent me flying across town"

" Hehehe but that was Su-Chan's idea! =^_^="

Keitaro leaves the room fearing for his life. Sato and Yaite left too after a few minutes.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hinata Living Room: ( 10:15 am)

The girls are down stairs reading some books. Shinobu was busy reading a pocket novel while the others are scanning a magazine. Matthew was also in the living room trying to clean his sword.

" Oi, Matthew-San why are you always cleaning your sword?" Kitsune asked

" Hehehe well it became a habit of mine I guess."

" Hmmm…you know you dress like Motoko, it's like you're still in the time of the samurais or something."

" Eh?" A sweat drop appears at the back of the head of Matthew.

" This reminds me, I read something in a Japanese history book once, there's this maniac that killed anyone in his path…I forgot what he was called."

" You mean the one they call Red eyed slasher?" Motoko answered Kitsune's question.

" Urk!"--_-- Matthew sits quiet.

" Oh yeah now that you mentioned it! He was a mad man who killed anyone. One distinct characteristic he has was a cross scar across his right eye." Kitsune said

" Urk!" --_--

" Yeah, his sword was famous too, They said it could cut through anything." Motoko informed the others

" Yeah, it's good he was alive during the war in old Japan." Kitsune stretched where she was sitting

" If he was alive today…" Motoko thought…

" Urk!" --_--

" What?" Kitsune waited for Motoko's answer

" I will defeat him and completely obliterate him!" Motoko shouts out.

" Oi, Matthew-San you know something about this guy?" Kitsune noticed Matthew was sitting silently in a corner

" Ugh! Ah? N-nothing really!"

" Hmm…You know we haven't seen the right side of your face Matthew-San, your hair is covering it you know."

" Hehehehe I like it this way."

" Okay…^_~"

" By the way what's with the other sword?" Kitsune pointed at the other sword that rested at the side of Matthew. It was a standard Katana, the sword looks old but it was well kept and still has its brilliance. The sword is wrapped in some kind of seals and was wrapped in chains.

" Oh, this one? It's a very old sword and was not removed from it's sheath since it was found a few hundred years ago." Matthew explained

" Matthew-Sensei, you never drew it out?" Motoko asked

" I was advised not to, besides I only keep it as a remembrance from my departed friend." Matthew went back in cleaning his sword

" What's it called?" Kitsune asked in curiosity.

" I don't know really, I guess it's long forgotten." Matthew looked over to Kitsune.

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=* =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

-Flash Back-

Yaite was taken inside a small house, inside was an old woman, Sophia asked her to her Yaite to bed. He was laid down a small bed where Sophia tried to treat his wound.

" My, that's a nasty wound you have there, boy."

The old woman said as she handed some more bandages and a thread and needle to Sophia.

" Maybe some wild animal attacked you, this wound is too big to be caused by someone." Sophia starts to clean the wound.

" It's better for you not to know."

" I don't think so! I have a right to know!"

Sophia picks up the needle and thread.

" Right? Hahaha "

" What's so funny?"

Sophia sews the wound to keep it from opening again.

" Urgh! Careful!"

" You can't complain!"

After sewing the wound she leaves Yaite to take some rest. At that night she went to give Yaite's medication, She sees he was sleeping and tries to put them on the desk without waking him.

" You sure are helpful…"

Sophia was surprised to see Yaite's awake but tries not to show it. She smiles and looks at Yaite.

" I guess it's my nature…"

" Nature?"

" Yeah, Now go to sleep you need your rest."

" Heh, but sometimes being helpful can lead you to trouble…"

Sophia stops for a moment then closes the door on her way out.

After three days Yaite's wound was completely healed. Yaite was forced to stay for a while, the other towns people know him as a distant cousin of Sophia who is visiting her grand mother. For weeks Yaite helped around the house while trying to keep a look out for the men following him. One evening Sophia started to ask why Yaite was wounded. Sophia and Yaite are sitting on the rooftop looking at the stars.

" Hmmm come to think of it, why were you badly wounded? Some animal attacked you or something?"

" It's best if you didn't know"

" Ooooh! I hate that attitude of yours, treating me like a child!"

" Well are you not?"

" HEY! I'm 19 years old for your information!"

" So you ARE still a child…"

" Ooooh YOU!"

" Hahahaha…"

" Huh?" Sophia stopped in astonishment

" What?" Yaite paused and looked at her

" It's nothing…it's the first time I heard you laugh." Sophia looked at Yaite kindly.

" Most of the time there's nothing to laugh about."

" So tell me, why were you wounded?"

Yaite gave up and decided to tell Sophia, he paused for a while and started…

" I'm an assassin…"

" A what?"

" Grr…I kill people for money! Now you understand?"

" Oh…so that's why…"

" Hm? You're not surprised?"

" Not really, I think it's normal for you to be hunted down by the men of someone you killed."

" Humph, but this time the body guards are not wimps…"

" I agree, they won't be able to wound you that bad if they're not skilled."

" Something bothers me, why are you not scared of me? You know I'm an assassin and still you're not scared. I can take your life anytime I want."

" If you wanted to kill me you should have done that the first time we met." Sophia smiles at Yaite

" ……. "

Yaite just went silent and stared at the sky.

" You're really naive…" Yaite suddenly said.

" So? It's my nature"

Yaite turned to Sophia

" And stubborn too, I guess that's you're nature too?"

" ARGH! Why You!" Sophia clenches her fist and waves it in the air.

" Hahahahahaha"

" You know, I met Yaite the man who needed help, and not the assassin, so that's the one I want to know. Yaite and not the assassin."

" Heh, naive…"

The next day Yaite walks outside the house and prepares to leave. On his way out he sees Sophia's grand mother. He thanks her and continued outside. Sophia ran after him and tries to ask…

" Hey! Where are you going?"

" I appreciate your help but now, You don't have to be responsible for me anymore. You did your task and now let me be."

" But!"

" But what?"

Tears started to roll down her cheeks as she stood there to see Yaite off.

" Why can't you just stay? I know I hardly knew you but…"

" Being with me means death is always around the corner, and I don't want someone who cared for me to be in a dangerous situation."

" Then, promise me you'll be back!"

"…"

" Please!"

" I'm sorry, just forget about meeting me. It's for your own good."

Sophia tries to run after him but there was a gunshot. Yaite looks back and saw Sophia lying on the ground. A sniper was positioned on a rooftop and was aiming at Yaite but Sophia tried to save him and was shot instead. Yaite pulled out his pistol and shot the sniper on the roof. Then he went to Sophia to see how she was doing.

" Sophia! Sophia! Hang in there!"

Sophia's breath was shallow and slowly her heartbeat is weakening.

" Sorry, I… messed up"

" No, don't talk"

" Don't worry…I'll see you again…but now I feel sleepy…"

Slowly Sophia closed her eyes and Yaite held her lifeless body in his arms.

" Sophia? Sophia!" Tears began to flow from Yaite's eyes.

" Fool! You didn't have to die for me! YOU DIDN"T HAVE TO!"

" I don't deserve to be saved by someone! AAAAAAARGH! SOPHIAAAAAAA!"

" She didn't have to…"

-Flash Back End-

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=* =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Yaite stares at the sky, trying to hide his tears below his cap. Not far from Yaite was Shinobu watching him. She slowly walks away with her face full of concern.

Meanwhile Rem and the others are in the dining room, cleaning the table after they ate. N.E.O. was inside the kitchen washing the dishes. Sato walks towards the underground lab with Su trying to come up with something new. Then when everyone was finished Shinobu approached Rem to ask about Yaite's past.

" Umm Rem-Sempai can I ask you something?"

" Yeah, If I know the answer…"

" Can you tell me about Sophia?"

Rem was surprised Shinobu started to ask this question, he then just crossed his arms and smiled.

" You know, you shouldn't ask about those kind of things, besides I really don't know much about her."

" But Yaite-Sempai, he..."

" I know you're worried about him"

Shinobu blushed and lowered her head.

" But you don't have to know about her just to cheer Yaite up. Like someone said, focus on the present and forget about the past."

" I guess…"

" You can still ease his pain in some other way, I know you will."

" Thank you Rem-Sempai"

Shinobu leaves Rem and went upstairs. Rem thought of something while he stood there. Then he gave a faint laugh and…

" I could sure use that advice for my self, but I can't just forget about the past…not yet."

-Chapter 8 End-

=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\ =\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=

That's it for this Chapter, hope you readers liked it. I'll try to give more details about the story and the past of the new guys but keeping the comedy in the story. ^_^

Thanks

Silver Frost