Loveless Fan Fiction ❯ ADVENTURES IN ANIME: Loveless ❯ Going for a walk ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
ADVENTURES IN ANIME: Loveless

".....Devin, what's that?"
"I dunno. I found a toaster, a clock, some stray cat, a microwave, some buttons, a cellphone, some car keys, and some soap. So I put them together and got this thing!"
She pointed at the small "machine", a microwave with a clock on the top, and some mismatched buttons glued to the side. The cat was trying to eat the soap, and there was a cellphone taped the the back with it's antenna sticking up. The machine didn't look like anything. Devin popped some bubble gum into her mouth. "Want sooooome?", she asked as she held out the packet of gum.
As if she didn't hear her, Shayna asked, "So, uh, why did you make it?", while poking at the soap-eating-cat. "Because! Maybe it will take us to another worrrrld!", Devin replied, twirling around. "Oh, and, uh, yeah, gimme that gum.", Shayna quickly said and grabbed the gum packet.
"What's it supposed to, uh, do, exactly?", Shayna continued poking at the cat to see if it would bite her or something. Devin reached for the gum, buts topped to say, "I just said. Maybe it will take us to another worrrrld!", and her voice echoed. "Okayy. It's supposed to take us into some anime 'er somethin'. I dunno." Shayna look at her with a, "WTF? You expect it to WORK?" face. Returning the glare, Devin said, "Oh yes. It's GOING to work."
Shayna put the packet of gum into her pocket.
*********************
"MOOOOOOM. WE'RE GOIN' FOR A.... UHH. WALK!!"
Devin pressed 'Time Cook', and entered 60 minutes. Nevervously, she pressed 'START'.
.........
................
....................
.. .........................
....Silence. Nothing happened. "NUUUUUUUUUU!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT DIDN'T WORK!!", Devin yelled, falling over. Staring at the microwave, Shayna pressed the button that would make the microwave open.
It slowly opened with a creaking sound, and then it started beeping. "...Devin. I think I.. uhh.. did something."
A bright blue light flashed from the microwave. "DEVIN! DEV!! What do we do now?!", Shayna yelled. Devin grabbed her cellphone, pulled up it's antenna, and selected 'NEW TEXT MESSAGE'. She dialed the number of the cellphone that was taped to the microwave into who the text message would be sent to. She went to the message part, and quickly typed 'LOVELESS.' She clicked the send button and put on a pair of sunglasses. "This is gonna be funnn!"