Loveless Fan Fiction ❯ Zero ❯ 02 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Zero
02
They were still young, when they learned why they were special.
Kouya held out her bandaged arm, staring at Yamato as if expecting her response.
“What happened?” she asked instead, touching the bandage. “Did you cut it?”
Kouya nodded, unraveling the white cloth so she could see the fine red line, purple around the edges. It was too finely cut to be an accident.
“Sakagami-chan,” Yamato stared at the girl's impassive face. “You didn't do this… yourself?”
“What does it matter?” she answered, wrapping the wound up again. “I can't feel it. I don't know whether it should hurt or not. Should it?”
Yamato shook her head. “I-I don't know, but it isn't healthy to-”
“And it isn't healthy to be like this, either. I should be able to… be able to feel…”
The blond closed her eyes, taking the arm, holding it up. “It hurts, though, doesn't it? It hurts that you can't feel it.”
Kouya's eyes turned downcast, but she did not answer.
Yamato reached into her pocket. She'd been pulled out during art class, and she still had some of the supplies on her. Yes, the box cutter, since they'd been cutting up cardboard. She pulled it out, slowly raising the blade. Then, she stabbed it into her wrist, slashing across her arm. Kouya's eyes went wide.
“What are you-!”
Yamato held out her arm, a smile on her features now, oh-so pleasant, as if this was a normal activity.
“There,” she said. “Now I can hurt with you. Now we're like… sisters or something.”
Kouya bowed her head. For some reason, the idea of being Yamato's sister wasn't quite right. Maybe something better…
Their eyes met once more, as they would a thousand times, and slowly Kouya leaned forward, giving her a small, light kiss.
Despite her bleeding arm, Yamato came back to class with no pain and a smile on her face.
Notes:
I changed some stuff around because I actually watched the third DVD last night, and so now I have a better picture of what happened.
They are so cute, aren't they?