Lucky Star Fan Fiction ❯ Konata Needs Help! ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagami was taking the train to Konata's place; she didn't say what she wanted with them, only that it was urgent. Tsukasa decided she'd also like to come along. Kagami couldn't help wondering why this couldn't wait.

"I texted Kona-chan asking about what she wanted," Tsukasa said, "but her only reply was for us to hurry, so she can 'end her torment'. Whatever that means."

"This better not be about homework," Kagami said.

"I just wish Yuki-chan could come too."

"She's recovering from some major dental surgery right now. I figured her fear of dentists would catch up to her."

"Y'know, if we activate our Wonder Twin powers, do you think we could get to Konata's sooner?"

Kagami just stared at Tsukasa. "You've been around Konata too long."

Finally, they arrived at their destination. Kagami went to the front door and rang the bell. Just moments later the door opened.

"Come in," Konata said.

Kagami and Tsukasa entered the house, and it was nearly a minute before they noticed Konata was wearing a wedding dress. It was a ball gown, to be exact.

"What?" Kagami said. "You just called us out here to see you cosplaying?"

"It's not a cosplay," Konata said. "Dad's letting me try on Mom's dress for the day, to see if I'd like to wear it at my own wedding. Not that I'm getting married anytime soon, mind you. We just want to plan ahead."

"I think it looks pretty on you," Tsukasa said.

"Hold on," said Kagami. "Where's your dad?"

"He's gone somewhere for the day," Konata said. "Which sort of leads back to why you're here. Could one of you help me out of this dress? I just can't use the bathroom with it on, and I really have to go."

"Couldn't you hold it?"

"I've been holding it all day!" Konata was starting to look distressed. "I can't take it anymore."

"You stayed here by yourself even though you couldn't use the bathroom wearing that dress?"

"Okay, so Dad and I didn't think this all the way through. Seriously, could you please unzip me?"

"I don't know," Kagami said, sensing an opportunity. "Us coming out here to do this is a pretty big favor. You should probably do something in return."

"What is it?" asked Konata. "I'll do anything!"

"From now on, no more asking me or Miyuki for help."

"That's not fair!"

"I suppose it can't be helped. Although I'm not sure your how your dad would react if you soiled your mom's wedding dress..."

Konata was about to give in when the door opened. Sojiro walked into the living room.

"Dad!" Konata said. "Just the man I wanted to see." She then turned back to Kagami. "Sorry, deal's off!"

"Damn!" replied Kagami.

A few minutes later, Konata had relieved herself and changed back into regular clothes. "I'm glad that's over," she said.

"Sorry," said Sojiro. "I should've realized something like that might happen."

"Since you didn't need us after all," said Kagami, "we'll be going."

"See you tomorrow at school!" said Konata.

As she was heading home with Tsukasa, Kagami though back to their brief visit. She was frustrated by how close she came to having Konata off her back about helping with homework...