Lucky Star Fan Fiction ❯ Konata's Rut ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Konata's Rut
by
triviatrap1982

I don't own Lucky Star, it's owned by Kagami Yoshimizu!

Konata Izumi was in a very bad rut. That was to put it mildly. Something happened between yesterday, after the Gundam Wing marathon...and this morning when Kuroi gave her a pop (and we don't mean the cherry variety) for sleeping. She had been in a very foul mood all day. Then at lunch Kagami then came into the room, and she decided to get to the bottom of it. However, she decided not to ask Konata directly. She's been though enough of those to know that she'll just snap out.

"Hey what's wrong with Konata?" Kagami asked.

"Well, I think she might have a very severe case of the May Melancholy," Miyuki then said.

"I know people get melancholy, but this is too freaking much," Kagami returned.

"Did she get jilted by her on-line husband in game?" Tsukasa asked.

"I don't know, but it's very likely..." Kagami then said trailed off.

"Then, Kuroi punished her for sleeping in class," Tsukasa added.

"Wow, that really is something," Kagami said. "normally she'd bitch about her sleeping habits."

Kagami then decided that she was going to be very hard to diagnose. She then went to Konata who had her head on her desk. She really was in a foul mood. Kagami then decided to bring her back down to earth. Even if it meant getting such a chewing out it'd make her sisters seem quiet. She then decided to offer Konata something she knew she'd ask for anyway.

"Hey if you tell me what's wrong, I'll let you copy my homework," Kagami said.

"Kagami, what do you do when you're this down?" Konata asked.

"I don't know, but I do think about what I'd be like in a light novel," Kagami answered.

"Well, the only light novel I've read so far was the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya," Konata returned.

"How is it?" Kagami asked

"It's good, but it feels disappointing."

"How would that be disappointing?"

"You know how most anime end after 25, or so episodes?"

"Yeah, I do, Kashimashi only lasted for 13."

"Well, I thought they'd make at least 26 episodes...though I agree that episode 00 was an even worse let down."

"There is money to be considered...I mean look what happened to Love Hina," Kagami then offered.

"Right, that's the worst time to run out of money," Konata then said.

Konata was still in her rut. Though Kagami ruled out anime/manga as the cause. Even she has read light novels, and Manga, to be felt unfulfilled. She, also, dismissed her father as the cause. Her father would cause anger, and worry. Melancholy wasn't one of those feelings. Then, she decided that she needed to probe a little further. She decided to allow Konata to eat her lunch (which actually had left-over fresh curry rice in it). Then after Konata finished her lunch, she was very happy.

"Hey what's with the sudden 180?" Kagami asked.

"Oh I forgot, I get freaking' cranky when I have to skip breakfast," Konata then said.

"Wait, that was why you were pissed off?" Kagami then asked.

"Yeah, but it's mostly my dad who decided to play a trick on me," Konata then said. "I'd expect somebody like Tsukasa to do something like that."

"I see, you want to plan revenge?" Kagami asked.

"Nah, I took care of that already," Konata then said. "it should happen just about now..."

Meanwhile at home...Konata got her revenge against her dad. She was able to make quick brownies. However...she mixed in a laxative in the batch and she had the old fool stranded. He was crying...he knew that he wasn't going to pull that stunt anymore for all times. He was going to stick to playing the H-games with Konata.