M A S H Fan Fiction ❯ The Blues Brothers 3000 Part 1 ❯ The Release ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
THE BLUES BROTHERS 3000
Part: 1
Camera pans over the top of Chicago infront of a morning sky. A few shots of the citys landmarks. Then pans left, bringing a "JOLIET HIGH SECURITY PRISON" sign on screen. A full shot of the prision as "1 year later" appears on screen.
Next shot has two cops walking down a hall of "behavoral correction" classrooms. Then, stops at a door that reads,"WRECKLESS ENDANGERMENT AND FELONIOUS VEHICULAR ASSULT".

Camera shows a few rows of long black tables with various prisoners in orange jumpsuits. (back out to show whole classroom from the door) The cop with a clipboard steps into the door way. Next shot pans across the front of a table with prisoners sitting up, then stops at a man with his head down.

Cop: Elwood Blues?

Next are the shots of: the left corner of his face(still down on his folded arms) where "RayBan" is seen on the lens of his sunglasses. Then his right hand flat on the table, "E L W O" is tattooed on his fingers. Then his left hand on his upper right arm, "O D" is tattooed on two fingers.

Cop: Elwood Blues!

Everyone turns they're head twords the cop. Elwood slowly lifts his head up and turns his head wearily.

Next: The cops are seen walking Elwood down a few halls, unlocking a few big double doors and going thru as they go.(the tune of death slowly plays) One cop stops and turns left suddenly(still holding Elwoods arm causing him to turn and have the other cop stand on his right) Elwood is now face to face with a big metal door that says, "EXECUTION" in large red letters.
Elwood: (Tear falls down his cheek the starts to sob quietly) ....Don't I get at least one last meal...?
Cop(quietly and solemnly): .....I'm sorry Elwood, but, one second.. (Reaches hand out slowly, appearing to reach for the doorknob but then puts it in his pocket and answers a cell phone and doomsday music stops, Elwood turns his head slowly and looks at him, cop on elwoods right slowly leans forward and looks blankly too) Hello, ma... no im at work... ok. I'll pick some up at the store on my way home. Love you too. Bye. (looks back at Elwood and the Cop on his right.) ....What?(back to Elwood and right cop for a second still in the same position) ....Don't give me that look! Like you don't give your mom the dooms day theme for a ringtone, too.
Elwood: I don't have a mom.
Cop: Then why are you so sad and shocked?
(Elwood turns twords the door he was accidently brought face to face with. Cop turns and looks at it.)
Cop: ...Oooooh...... oops. Sorry Elwood. Heh, Wutta coincidence, 'eh?
(they continue to escort him to another door further down the hall.)
Cop: O.K. Here we are.
(they enter letting El walk in and up to the counter.)
(A bald man in glasses comes to the other side)
Correctional Officer: Hello, Elwood. 'thot I told you I didnt want to see you in here again. (chuckles, pulls a box up and begins to hand off El's things as he checks the list off)
Elwood: I probably wouldn't be here, but you know what they say about Ford.
Correctional Officer: What's that?
Elwood: Fix Or Repair Daily
Correctional Officer: Ah, but last I heard, you had an old Dodge. What happened to it?
Elwood: (alittle baffled himself) I.. don't.... really know...
Correctional Officer: It get stolen?
Elwood: No.
Correctional Officer: Broke down?
Elwood: Not exactly....
Correctional Officer: Wrecked it?
Elwood: That's as close as you're gunna get.
Correctional Officer: Then how di-
Elwood: -It's very complicated and hard to explain...
Correctional Officer: I see... (hands Elwood the list and Elwood signs it w/ an "X") Well, congrats on the release and rehabilitaion! Now I REALLY better not see you back here Elwood. I mean it!
Don't worry,(puts hat on and slips his hands out of the cuffs all three officers eyes widen in shock) I won't get caught this time... (one cop flashes Elwood a sharp, dirty look, Elwood jerks his head back and looks at him a little worried) I meant i won't do anything to get me arrested again!
(The two cops grab Elwood's arms and drag him out backwards, Elwood smiles and waves idioticly as hes dragged away)
Elwood: Bye!
(the shot has the camera outside the room looking in at the Correctional Officer who is writing somthing rolling his eyes as elwoods feet go off screen and the door closes)
(The cops are now walking Elwood down the hall, he is dressed in his suit)
(they come to a big door and open it, a bright light glares up the camera as the next shot outside the prision shows Elwood walking out twords a gate.*sfx 4 cardoors close*)
(next shot: Mack, Cab, Buster, and Zee Blues step out of a Mercades, loaned to them by Matt Murphy. There are 5 suited figures walking twords the other side of the closed gateshot from behind as Elwood approches the gate it opens and he is greeted by the four)
Mack, Zee, Cab, and Buster: ELWOOD!!!(theres a big group hug and a small conversation about how prison was then Buster hands Elwood his breif case.)
Elwood: Zee! Long time no see?
Zee: Elwood? Theres somthing you're never gunna belive...
Elwood: Huh? What's that?
(everyone is smiling wide and gleefully)
Mack: Well 1st off, I adopted Buster! And you where to get the rights to him after you got out!
(Buster hugs Elwood and Elwood gets down on his knee and hugs back.)
Buster: It was a favor from J-(truck horn blares out a name) and mother Mary. She said to tell you, "from the Fat Penguin".
(Elwood stands up slowly in shock)
Elwood: The Penguin and... who...?
(a foot apears from behind Mack)
(camera pans up the legs stepping out from behind Mack)
?: Me and the Penguin.
(camera stops at the top of his chest, the switches to a close up of ?'s left hand. "J A K E" is tattooed on his fingers)
(shot of the group from a distance so all u see are distant siloettes the one of Elwood's, drops the briefcase)
(back to the group, then a shot from behind Elwood as he takes off the sunglasses and wipes them and puts them back on)
Jake: (turns his head slightly away still looking at Elwood, raises his eyebrows and smiles silly, holds out his arms and walks twords Elwood and hugs him tight, lifting him up alittle) How ya been El?!
(Elwood turns stiff and pale)
Elwood: I... I... I... ... We... all thought you died!
Jake: Yeah, I know. Everyone did. But after I was released, I had moved temporeraly to Michigan to get away from Camille. But she found out where I lived. I was out someplace and when i was coming back home, It was nothing but rubble. And they couldn't find my body, so I was presumably dead. So, then i came back here, figuring she wouldn't come back thinking i was dead, did some research on the band and saw that you got it back together.
Elwood: Well we're all glad you're back! now, lets go! that guy over there has been giggling and waving at me since I've been here.(looks back over his shoulder at a huge inmate winks at him, Elwood shivers)
(now they're all getting in the car Elwood driver side, Jake passenger, MackBuster is on his lap, Zee and Cab in back)
Elwood: (as they drive off) who's car is this?
Mack: Matt loaned it to us to pick you up.
Elwood: For how long?
Mack: He wasn't sure 'cause he didn't know when you got out.
Jake: But dont worry. I know a place where we can get you a car.(smiles slyly)