Macross Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Robotech vs Transformers ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Robotech vs. Transformers: Revenge Road
Part Two
 
Explosions lit up the night sky as they dodged and weaved in midair, vehicles moving with a speed and grace that could only be described as unearthly. Izzy Randal banked left to dodge one foe even as she swiftly pulled the lever that triggered the transformation of her fighter to it's robot mode. The nosecone swung down as components shifted around, eventually coming together to resemble a humanoid form.
 
The Decepticons tried to rally their forces against the new foes, but the combination odf heave fire power from below and the attacksd of the Robotech Defence Force were too much for them. In the end they broke and ran, using their slightly superior speed to asccellerate away from the combined forces.
 
Lieutenant Izzy Randal kept her Battleoid hovwering there a moment as she checked over her wing, the green trimmed white robot shining in the moonlight. "All right, back to base everyone," she said crisply, "I'll check in with the Autobots below."
 
"Yes ma'am," Hunter agreed, the browen haired young man nodding respectfully as the remainder of the wing peeled off and accellerated into the night..
 
'Not that I really want to be the one to check in,' Izzy thought, 'but I'm senior officer, and it's my responsibility.'
 
Her Battleoid decended then she pulled the center lever, switching to the half fighter, half robot mode called Guardian. Boot thrusters carried her forward to the Autobots that were getting organized to move out, the tall humanoid robots pausing at her aproach.
 
Popping open the cockpit Izzy stood, pulling off her helmet and shaking out her short red hair. "Lieutenant Izzy Randal, RDF," she said flatly, "any injuries or assistance we can provide?" He moved forward from the rest and Izzy felt a faint chill, a mix of primal fear and awe at the red and silver figure who stood before her, eyes glowing golden.
 
His voice was a deep rumble, but gentle too as Optimus Prime said, "We're fine, officer. You arrived just in time."
 
Izzy met those golden eyes... and part of her wanted to pull the trigger on her auto-cannon and pump him full of high density rounds. At this distance armor wouldn't be even an issue, it'd cut him down without a pause. Deliberately she kept her hands away from her weapons as she said, "Good to hear, sir. One of our RDF stations is nearby if your medics need assistance."
 
"Ratchet?" Prime turned his head to ask.
 
Ratchet shook his head, "The only serious injury is Arcee, and she's going to be fine." The white armored Autobot smiled wryly, "Hell of a way to celebrate her arrival on Earth."
 
"There's female Autobots?" Izzy blinked, feeling faintly surprised.
 
Another Autobot spoke up, his golden skin shining as he said defensively, "Of course there's female Autobots!"
 
"Throttle down, Bumblebee, few humans know us as well as Spike does," Prime reminded him. He looked at Izzy, "Our females run our city on Cybertron, Iacon, as well as playing an important role in our reproduction."
 
Izzy opened her mouth to ask about that... then decided she didn't want to know. "All righ," she said, "then I'd best get back to base. Good luck to you all."
 
With a burst of thrusters Izzy's green trimmed Veritech took off, switching to fighter mode and soaring off into the distance, unaware of the discussion going on behind her. "So that's the ace the Decepticons fear?" Iron Hide asked, his red armor scuffed from the battle.
 
Arcee winced as Ratchet worked on her, sparks flying from her midsection. "Wel, her wing certaimnly saved us from Thundercracker," the pink Autobot noted.
 
"She's a true warrior," Optimus Prime said calmly as he watched the spot of light that was her engines fade into the distance, "I just hope the other stories about her aren't true." A sound very like a sigh, "I'd hate to have her as an enemy."
 
Sometime later the Veritech descended to the deck, the nets helping it slow to a stop. Izzy climbed out gracefully, saluting as she recognized the figure waiting there. "Welcome back," the commander nodded, her brown hair flowing down her back.
 
"Ma'am," Izzy nodded as they fell into step on the deck of the carrier Fortress One, out in the Gulf of Mexico.
 
Lisa Hayes had been bumped over into command of one of the new RDF stations here in the former United States while Admiral Gloval was now in charge of overall defense, a arrangement that generated some debate. The world government had been aware of the Robotech project but for most of the planet's military it had been a secret, so haviing the officer in charge bumped over other worthy candidates had been a little hard to swallow.
 
'Like from Lisa's father,' Izzy recalled.
 
"I note we haven't gotten any complaints from the Autobot force, so I assume things went well," Lisa said, studying the younger woman thoughtfully.
 
"It went fine," Izzy said flatly. Her hatred of the Transformers in general was something that most of the crew knew about, but Lisa was one of the few that she had really confided in about how hard she struggled to remain in control. "I met him," she added softly.
 
"Who?" Lisa looked curious as the lift brought them into the guts of Fortress One. The massive vessel made a aircraft carrier look small, armor plating covering it so thickly it could even survive multiple Decepticon assaults.
 
"Optimus Prime," Izzy answered her softly. She looked up towards the roof, the metal armor plate that had saved their lives more than once as she said, "I remember that he was there when we dug Chase out... hearing his empty condolences." She clenched a fist, "You have no idea how much I wanted to kill him."
 
Lisa put a hand on her arm, looking at her with gentle sympathy. "I'm glad you did't, if only for the sake of your career," Lisa said dryly.
 
"Not to mention the Autobots are our only ally against the Decepticons," Izzy sighed, "but I don't have to like it." She yawned suddenly, then looked embarrassed as she mutered "Sorry, ma'am."
 
"Rest up," Lisa said, "you'll have more chances to kill decepticons soon enough."
 
"There's something to look forward to," Izzy laughed as she strode away. She nodded greetings to several pilots, making her way from the hangers towards the pilot's quarters upship.
 
Behind her Lisa Hayes sighed to herself softly, turning to return to her place on the bridge. The small set of stations and monitors was a hub for activity, young woman and men watching local airspace for enemy activity while monitoring their allies actions, too.
 
Captain Claudia Grant looked up as Lisa entered, the ebony skinned officer's face lighting up in a smile. Claudia was in command of the vessel and in the overall tactical situation, while Lisa ran the fighter and mecha component, a devision of reponsibility that worked well. It also helped that they were old friends, so any conflicts that did arise were easily smoothed over.
 
"So how's your latest pet project?" Claudia asked teasingly as Lisa took her station beside the captain's seat.
 
"Izzy's fine," Lisa sighed, wishing that Claudia didn't feel the need to tease her so much, "and she's not a pet project."
 
"How about crush, then?" Claudia smirked.
 
"Aren't you forgetting about my boyfriend?" Lisa frowned.
 
"Who's up on Mars Base Sara," Claudia pointed out quite reasonably, "helping keep an eye on Decepticon activity off Earth." A pause as she added gently, "And whom you haven't seen in I don't know how long."
 
"Claudia," Lisa's voice dropped to a low growl.
 
"I'm just saying that he's not much of an excuse," Claudia said.
 
"Fair enough," Lisa sighed. She took up her position, checking her board for updates as she added, "I suppose I just want to help her... she's so wounded."
 
"Fair enough," Claudia decided to stop teasing Lisa for now. Focusing on the pilot she asked, "Do you think Izzy knows how many people are aware of her story now?"
 
"I hope not," Lisa answered, "she doesn't need any more pressure on her."
 
"I'm just glad the PR devision for the Earth Government haven't figured out her background yet," Claudia added, "it has all the drama and patriotism in it they could want."
 
"No," Lisa shook her head, "Izzy is in this for revenge for her dead lover." A sigh and she added softly, "I just prey she doesn't loose her soul in the process."
 
End, Two.
 
Notes: I've had semi regular requests to do a continuation, and I finally got inspired. This alternate universe is developing in interesting ways, and is a merger of Robotech and Transformers history. Time period is clearly mid 21st century, though what year exactly is harder to guess. I've has a Arcee/Izzy romance suggested (tho I'm not sure how that'd work) and I'm laying down the possibility of a Lisa/Izzy thing, too.