Macross Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Robotech vs Transformers ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Robotech vs. Transformers: Revenge Road

The metallic globe of Cybertron shone in the sunlight, it's air alive with flying Transformers as the Decepticon citizens went about their lives. There were no Autobots visible, of course, but patrols diligently searched the ground for any trace of the four wheeled vermin.

Shockwave watched the reports from Earth, the massive purple robot tilting his angular head sideways. His single eye gleamed as he absorbed the data, his gun-arm plugged into a console for quick access to related data. Finally he pulled free, then walked over to a throne like chair in the center of the room and sat down.

“So,” he murmured, “the Humans and Autobots have deduced Megatron is based under the sea. It seems we've under estimated them.”

Darkshadow, the female Decepticon, nodded her agreement, her black and gray body helping her blend into shadows. Her voice was smooth, much like the purr of a deadly beast as her red eyes met his, “Is Megatron requesting reinforcements?”

“He is,” Shockwave agreed, sounding rather unhappy with the prospect.

“We haven't found the Autobot city,” Darkshadow said grimly, “and reducing our warriors will make that even more difficult.”

“Can you recruit from the citizens?” Shockwave asked.

Darkshadow grimaced, “They are almost as weak as the Autobots. They claim the name Decepticon but have never faced battle like you and I have.”

“Indeed,” Shockwave conceded.

Darkshadow was one of the best covert operatives of the Decepticons, known for her ability to break in and explore any Autobot base and sabotage them. She was also a effective assassin, striking down head Autobots and other insurgents. However, she had a unhealthy focus on her 'sister' Arcee, a Autobot sharing a similar design. She longed to kill her opposite number, occasionally forgetting her mission at the time.

“What would you propose we do?” Shockwave asked thoughtfully.

“The Autobot city doesn't appear to be on Cybertron itself,” Darkshadow said coldly, “therefore it must be on one of the moons, Kaon or Iacon.”

“Yes?” Shockwave nodded, considering. While the moons had been abandoned a long time bringing them on-line was possible, and they would provide a useful vantage point.

“Destroy the moons,” Darkshadow shrugged, “that way we don't have to search them.”

Shockwave twitched, once again shocked by her utter ruthlessness. While the moons were not valuable, they were a important part of Cybertronian history. Even more important Kaon had been the first battleground of the Cybertronian war, the place where Megatron himself rose to power.

'Yet Darkshadow would destroy them as casually as I would swat a electro-gnat,' Shockwave mused. “I will take your suggestion under advisement.”

“Yes, sir,” Darkshadow bowed. She hesitated, “May I make a request?”

“What is it?” Shockwave asked.

Darkshadow smiled grimly, “Let me lead the reinforcements to Earth. I long to resume the hunt for Arcee again.”

Shockwave studied her a moment, weighing her request. While he hated to lose a powerful warrior such as her he also knew she would be frustrated and out of sorts unless she was hunting her sister. Also, like himself Megatron was one of the few Decepticons she would willingly follow.

“Take a squad of warriors with you,” Shockwave ordered, “but leave your seconds in command. I will need them to maintain order.”

“Thank you,” Darkshadow bowed before striding out of the command chamber.

'Pray to your gods, humans,' Shockwave thought as he returned to his work, 'I have sent death to walk among you.'

Darkshadow smiled coldly as she stepped out onto the walkway, gazing around at the city in satisfaction. She saw the weak run of the mill Decepticons and felt a surge of pleasure, knowing that at any moment she could transform, intercept them and kill them with ease.

“Commander?” the voice interrupted her pleasurable musings. Sixshot nearly flinched from her gaze, but the powerful six-changer met her gaze calmly.

“Sixshot,” Darkshadow nodded. “I'm leaving to Earth in the next few cycles,” she told him briskly as they walked together, “you'll be in charge of the Reavers squad.”

“Thank you, ma'am,” Sixshot nodded as he followed her. “Whom do you plan to take with you?” he asked.

Darkshadow swiftly turned, fixing him with a deadly glance, “You were listening in to myself and Shockwave?!”

Sixshot stiffened, “Yes.”

Darkshadow smiled suddenly, “Like any good Decepticon would.” They started out again as she added, “Be more subtle next time.”

“Understood,” Sixshot conceded.

“I want Shockblast on my team,” Darkshadow mused thoughtfully, “pull him in from his attempts to bait Autobot loners.”

“I will,” Sixshot nodded. “Should we get Runabout and Runamuck too? They would be useful for infiltration activities.”

“Hmm,” Darkshadow frowned. The three car Decepticons would be useful, but she instinctively distrusted ones with such forms. They reminded her too much of land hugging Autobots. “Contact them,” she decided.

“Will do,” Sixshot said as he began to contact them on encrypted communications.

“I also want some fliers,” Darkshadow mused. “I will contact them myself, carry on.”

“Of course,” Sizshot agreed as they left one tower to stand on a launch platform.

Leaping Darkshadow changed, the components of her body moving until a triangular fighter jet soared into alien skies. Instinctively the many lesser Decepticons cleared the way for her as she soared, racing across the sky as she journeyed to one of the major Decepticon cities.

“Stormbringer!” Darkshadow cried as the red trimmed jet slowed as she neared.

“Greetings,” the amused voice answered as she waggled her wings a bit, “come to play?”

“No,” Darkshadow said with a bit of regret, “Megatron has requested aide and I'm leading a team to Earth.”

“And you thought of me?” Stormbringer sounded amused, “I'm touched.” More seriously she asked, “Will there be lots of Autobots to kill?”

“Plenty,” Darkshadow agreed. “And the human vermin whom the Autobots have been fool enough to ally with,” she added.

“I'll enjoy that,” Stormbringer said. Reluctantly she added, “Should we call in my brother, Sunstorm?”

“Tempting, but do we have a leash strong enough?” Darkshadow asked dryly. While Sunstorm was powerful he was also frighteningly unstable, often taking off on sudden destructive rampages. Only his sister appeared to be able to reign him in, and even she wasn't always successful.

“I think I can manage,” Stormbringer said confidently. “Besides, we could use his raw power.”

“True,” Darkshadow agreed.

To be continued....

Notes: Darkshadow and Stormbringer are Ocs, the other transformers are all canon.