Macross Fan Fiction ❯ It's A Matter of Trust ❯ It's A Matter of Trust ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's a Matter of Trust
By: SailorCallie
 
Featuring characters from Super Dimension Fortress Macross
Based on the Macross episode: “Bye, Bye Mars”
 
Dedicated to my father: Robert Ray, 11/16/1952 - 12/25/2005
 
 
This fan-fic's dedicated to the fans of Hikaru Ichijyo and Misa Hayase, one of the numerous couples in the history of Shoji Kawamori's Macross series and it's spin-offs. (NOTE: Macross II: Lover's Again DOES NOT COUNT AS CANON!!!!) And, this fan-fic's dedicated to my real-life Hikaru Ichijyo, who I'm grateful that he didn't call me an old lady when we first met back in 1999 through ICQ. :D
 
I was going through the ruins of what used to be Mars Base Sara, full of hope that I would eventually find my lost love, Riber. He was my old boyfriend back when we were kids, but one day he was summoned to Mars and that was the last time I saw him. I was unaware of the massacre that happened in 2005.
 
After I activated the self-destruct mechanism, I've found a room that had the name “Riber” on it. I went inside and flipped through the books that were on his desk. And to think that I only had one moment to myself before the base explodes, a certain pilot named Hikaru Ichijyo came to rescue me.
 
“Why are you doing this, Ichijyo?” I demanded.
“Because I have orders from sempai, old lady.” He retorted.
“Don't call me an old lady!” I yelled at him.
“Now listen here, 1st Lt. Hayase. Everyone back on the bridge has been worried sick about you, even Capt. Global and Claudia.” He replied with sincerity. “Even my squadron's worried about you.”
 
I looked at Hikaru's face with concern. “Even you?” I inquired.
 
“Yes, 1st Lt. Hayase, even me.” He replied.
 
Then, the sudden sounds of klaxon horns indicated that the base will self-destruct in one minute. Hikaru extends his hand towards Misa. “Come with me, or else we'll both miss out on Minmay's Sweet 16 birthday party.”
 
I declined the offer, wanting to stay behind and be with Riber, wherever he is. But, Hikaru decided to take me away from Riber's room and took off just as the base exploded and at the same time the Macross was successfully lifted off the ground due to a sneak attack by an alien warrior named Quamzin Kravshera, not only did Hikaru shielded my eyes from the explosion but in my head, memories of Riber came and went in a matter of seconds.
 
“RIBER!” I yelled as Hikaru flew back onto the SDF-1 Macross with me in tow. I will never get to see Riber again for as long as I live, now that I've discovered the truth that no one at Mars Base Sara survived.
 
Three days later
 
I was entering the kitchen when I've noticed Claudia with a big grin on her face.
 
“Misa, did you hear the news?” inquired Claudia as she started to drink her coffee.
 
“What news, Claudia?” I inquired to my best friend.
 
“Due to the heroic actions that Staff Sergeant Hikaru Ichijyo resuced you from the destruction of Mars Base Sara, he's been promoted to the rank of 2nd Lieutenant.” Replied Claudia. “Of course, Roy gave me the news in case you're wondering.”
 
“And, we wouldn't be alive to celebrate Minmay's Sweet 16 if it weren't for Ichijyo's heroics.” I replied to Claudia with the best honesty that I could think of. “After all, he really deserved that promotion after all.”
 
The End.