Macross Fan Fiction ❯ Macross "VF-X Ravens" ❯ Introduction - Cast and Mechs ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue:
 
In the year 2050, 10 years after the "Sharon Apple" incident on Eden (Macross Plus), The peaceful atmosphere of a deep-space colony was shattered by a group of terrorists. The U.N Spacy government decided to send in the Special Forces "VF-X Ravens" squadron to protect the colony.
 
A terrifying new device has just been developed...One that could tip the scale of combat in the favor of the side whoever controls it. The “Critical Path Corporation”, under the orders of their president, “Manfred Brando”, created this new device. The device has the ability to jam all Weapon Systems rendering them utterly useless.
 
The terrorist group that attacked the colonies is known as the "Black Ravens", led by their fearless leader "Timoshie Daldahnton"...Codenamed the "All Kill Wizard". Their goal is to rule the galaxy, and the only thing standing in their way is the combined might of the U.N Spacy forces. This new device could change that...
 
VFX Raven's "Alpha Squadron" objective is to defend the colonists from the terrorists and stop them from using the device to annihilate the U.N forces. Given the chance to pilot the most advanced Variable Fighters in the U.N arsenal, and fly into the face of danger with their wingmen right beside them. However, things are not as they seem...There is a traitor among the ranks, someone who sympathizes with the terrorists, and has a hidden agenda of their own...Who could it be? The mission control officer? The wingmen? The captain? Maybe even
The commander?
 
Ace Pilot, "Aegis Focker", is the main character of this story of trust and betrayal. Can he save the colonists, stay loyal to his friends, defeat the terrorists and stop the SDF Macross all at once? It all depends on the path he chooses...
 
 
Main Cast:
 
1.) Captain "Aegis Focker":
Ace Pilot, transferred to the 727th Independent VF-X unit's "Alpha Team" for flight testing on April 9th, A.D 2050 by the United Nations Govt. The main character.
 
2.) Commander "Wilbur Garland":
Commanding officer of the VFX-Raven Squadron, assigned by the U.N Spacy Government to protect the colonists from the attacking terrorist group.
 
3.) Captain "Gilliam Angreat":
Ace Pilot and Flight Leader of "Alpha Squadron", He rags on the newbie, "Aegis", when he first joins the "VFX-Ravens", but soon begins to respect his skills and fighting abilities after a while.
 
4.) "Syun Tohma":
1 of 2 new team-members of the VF-X Ravens "Alpha Squadron", re-assigned to this post after previous flight crew was reported MIA.
 
5.) "Suzie Newtlet":
2nd Pilot re-assigned to the VF-X Ravens "Alpha Squadron", assigned under your command as a wingman. (Err...make that wingwoman =).
 
6.) "Mariafokina Barnrose":
Mysterious Ace Pilot who shares a hidden past with Capt. "Gilliam".
 
7.) "Timoshie Daldahnton" (Timothy Dalton =)
Codenamed "All-Kill Wizard" Leader of the Terrorist Cadre known as the "Black Ravens", and pilot of a Black VF-17 "Nightmare".
 
8.) "Manfred Brando":
President of the "Critical Path Corporation" and pilot of a Red VF-17S "Nightmare" (The version assigned to team leaders. With four head-turret-mounted rear anti-aircraft laser guns and improved engines). "Brando" is the inventor of a new device that can disrupt the lock-on functions of enemy fighters.
 
9.) "Eimi Clocks":
Green-haired Secretary of Cmmdr. "Wilbur Garland". Also a Missions Controller.
 
10.) "Bridgette Spark":
Dark-haired Missions controller for "Aegis".
 
11.) "Clara Calette":
Another Mission controller and contact for Captain "Aegis".
 
 
Variable Fighters (VF): (Ok, you Macross fans probably already know them all, but bear with this or ignore it)
 
1.) VF-1X-Plus "Valkyrie"
Manufacturer: StoneWell/Bellcom
Type: All-environ variable fighter and tactical combat battroid. Modernized version of the "VF-1 Valkyrie", with completely upgraded materials, avionics and power plants.
 
Main Weapon:
a.) Gun Pod.
Sub-Weapons:
a.) Standard Missiles
b.) Micro Missiles
c.) Chaff
 
2.) VF-11B "Thunderbolt"
Manufacturer: Shinsei Industry
Type: U.N Spacey/UNSAF main variable fighter. This version has a lengthened barrel on its anti-aircraft gun, one window on main sensor, and increased engine thrust. First deployed on 37th long-distance immigration fleet.
 
Main Weapon:
a.) Gun Pod.
Sub-Weapons:
a.) Standard Missiles
b.) Hi-Maneuver Missiles
c.) Chaff
 
3.) VA-3M "Invader"
Manufacturer: Northrom Grumman
Type: All-environ variable attack craft. This version is equipped with forward-looking infrared sensor and aircraft television camera on lower nose. Can be converted for all-weather observation capability by adding electronic equipment systems.
 
Main Weapon:
a.) Beam Gun
Sub-Weapons:
a.) Standard Missiles
b.) Hi-Maneuver Missiles
c.) Micro Missiles
 
4.) VF-1X-Plus "Super Valkyrie"
Manufacturer: StoneWell/Bellcom
Type: Similar to the "VF-1X-Plus Valkyrie", with the exception of an added Fast Pack System, allowing increased speed and maneuverability and the ability to "Fold".
 
Main Weapon:
a.) Gun Pod.
Sub-Weapons:
a.) Standard Missiles
b.) Micro Missiles
c.) Chaff
 
5.) VF-17D "Nightmare"
Manufacturer: General Galaxy
Type: UN Spacy special operations variable fighter and heavy battroid, Mass produced version currently in UN Spacy service. Two head-turret-mounted rear anti-aircraft laser guns and improved FF-2100X engines.
 
 
Main Weapon:
a.) Laser Gun Pod
Sub-Weapons:
a.) Standard Missiles
b.) Hi-Maneuver Missiles
c.) Mega Bazooka Launcher (launches massive laser blasts, not bombs)
d.) Chaff
 
6.) VB-6 "Konig Monster"
Manufacturer: Northrom Grumman
Type: Variable bomber and heavy destroid, with Plasma Cannons.
 
Main Weapon:
a.) 30mm Vulcan Cannon
Sub-Weapons:
a.) Standard Missiles
b.) Micro Missiles
c.) Grenade Crusher
d.) Rail Gun
 
7.) VF-19A "Excalibur"
Manufacturer: Shinsei Industry
Type: UNAF/UNS main advanced variable fighter. First regular production version with canard forward wing.
 
Main Weapon:
a.) Gun Pod
Sub-Weapons:
a.) Standard Missiles
b.) Hi-Maneuver Missiles
c.) Cluster Missiles
d.) Pin Point Barrier System
 
8.) VF-22 "Sturmvogel II"
Manufacturer: Shinsei Industry
Type: UNS special operations variable fighter. Developed from General Galaxy YF-21 design after UN Forces' decision not to adopt the earlier design as the main variable fighter in the Super Nova (AVF) competition.
 
Main Weapon:
a.) Beam Gun Pod
Sub-Weapons:
a.) Standard Missiles
b.) Micro Missiles
c.) Cluster Missiles
d.) Pin Point Barrier System
 
9.) VF-1X-Plus "Armored Valkyrie" with G8P-15 Protector Weapon System.
Manufacturer: Shinsei Industry
Type: Special Valkyrie fighter equipped with heavy battle armor and fixed in Battroid Mode (Non-Variable Fighter)
 
Main Weapon:
a.) Gun Pod
Sub-Weapons:
a.) Micro Missiles with Rapid-Auto Launch System
b.) Grenade Crusher
 
10.) VF-11B "Full Armored Thunderbolt" with Protect Armor System.
Manufacturer: Shinsei Industry
Type: Special Thunderbolt fighter equipped with heavy armor and transfixed in "Battroid" mode.
 
Main Weapon:
1.) 6-Barrel Gatling Gun Pod
Sub-Weapons:
1.) Micro Missiles with Rapid-Auto Launch System
2.) Grenade Crusher
3.) Nuclear Missile
 
Standard Missiles: Normal flight missiles with medium speed and damage strength
 
Micro Missiles: Fastest missiles but with minimal damage, used to chase fast-moving fighters.
 
Hi-Maneuver Missiles: Normal speed, but relentless on tracking its target.
 
Cluster Missiles: Similar to an M.I.R.V type missile, shell bursts apart and launches many micro missiles.
 
Nuclear Missile: Very slow speed, explodes with a powerful energy shockwave.
 
Grenade Crusher: Launched in pairs, flies a distance and detonates to create two medium sized explosions
 
Pin Point Barrier System: Smart-protection system. Works with the radar to track the closest enemy target or projectile and focuses a concentrated laser barrier at a particular point that is considered vulnerable.
 
Rail Gun: Available only to the VB-6 Konig Monster while in Gerwalk mode. Mounted with four rail guns over the head for long range artillery support.
 
Mega Bazooka Launcher: Special only to the “Nightmare” class VF's while in Battroid mode. It is the laser gun charged to release a massive laser bomb blast instead of standard live bombs. Powerful.
 
Fighter Modes:
 
1.) Fighter - The standard Jet-Fighter configuration. Used primarily for Aerial combat.
 
2.) Battroid - Mech (Giant Robot) configuration. Used primarily for ground missions, or mech to mech combat in mid-air.
 
3.) Gerwalk - Ground Effective Reinforcement of Winged Armament with Locomotive Knee-joint. This mode is basically a hybrid of a jet-fighter and mech. It maintains the appearance of a jet, but the thrusters become the legs and are pointed downwards allowing mid-air hovering. Used for ground missions and low altitude fighting, where both missiles and guns are needed.