Macross Fan Fiction ❯ Robotech: New Dawn ❯ Episode 3: Return of the Hunter ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Episode 3: Return of the Hunter

As the Earth is engulfed in flame, Max and Miriya take up two pilots to help them out with recruiting peace with the Zentradi. The Zentradi, like they are, rejected it and still want to kill every human: man, women and child. But the hope of one lone Veritech squadron might change everything.

"Sir. There are some possibly Zentradi ships at an Earth occupied outpost. They must of took over it. I'm sorry I can't tell if they're enemy or not. Radar has been damaged" said a pilot of that squadron.

"Darn those Zentradi! Ok, they want battle. I'll give them battle! Send all Veritechs except for my brother and a guard. If I can still call you that?" said the leader.

"Of course" said his brother. "Of course."

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Back at the outpost, Max and Miriya fix their Veritechs once again after a hard fought battle.

"These Zentradi pigs won't give up!" says Max as he bangs his head on his Veritech.

"Max, what else are we suppose to do? Stay here and wait for them to destroy us?"

"Well," said Max interrupted by Miriya.

"There isn't time for this."

"Are you still married to me, or you want a divorce?"

"Max, Ohhh Max."

"Miriya!" said Pete, on of the other pilots.

"What?"

"Incoming Battle pods or something."

"Get ready and tell Malliux too."

"Roger."

Miriya turns her head to Max.

"Well looks like we got to go, again."

"Grrr, I hate flying non-stop."

"Live with it Max."

"Ok, geez."

They took off from the outpost to find the incoming ships. There were about 35 of them coming. They were all Veritechs. Even more surprising, was that the front ship was very familiar.

"Max, that front ship looks familiar" says Miriya.

"Yahh. Wait, its Rick's Veritech!" said Max.

Then a transmission came from that lead Veritech.

"Max? Is that you? Miriya, is that you too?"

"Who is this? Tell me or I will open fire" said Max.

"Don't worry Max. Its me, Rick."

"Rick, that's you?!?!? Where have you been? What you just sit around and watch the Earth explode?"

"I'm sorry. I did kill Minmei."

"What! Why would you do that?!?" said Max and Miriya.

"Well Lisa died that day, and I, just, it made me angry that Minmei wanted me to care for her when the person I truly loved, died!"

"I'm sorry Rick" said Max.

"It's ok. I got over it along time ago. When I left, I took my Veritech and headed for the Moon. I tried to get over it. It took me 2 years to fully get over the sorrow of the deaths of Lisa and Minmei. When I saw the Zentradi attack the Earth, I was horrified. I got so mad, but I hid the pain once more. I recruited many pilots for my squadron. The 99th Black Eagle Squadron, I named it. I recruited about 12 pilots and there is someone, I bet all of you dearly want to meet."

"Who is it?"

"Well follow me and find out. All pilots return to base."

"Yes sir."

Then Max, Miriya, Rick, and all the other pilots flew off toward the moon and toward a friend they were desperately waiting to meet.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Aboard the main ship of the secondary Zentradi Fleet, Zuni Hyson sits aboard waiting for the clearance from the High command, to launch a huge attack on the Earth Forces main base.

"Well, have they responded? I'm getting very impatient with them!"

"No they haven't lord" said a worker.

"Damn it! I must not wait any longer! All ships full forward!"

"Yes sir!"

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

As Rick, Max, Miriya and the other pilots fly back to find the person Rick has been talking about.

Rick opens up his comm. link and tries to contact him.

"Hey. You there! Hello?"

Then some static came in after two words.

"Rick…..help!"

"No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then he fires his jets and flies off faster toward his base.

"Rick!!! Wait up!" said Max.

"Stay here! I must go alone!" Then Rick blasted off.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Next Episode,

Rick goes to find his friend who has been supposedly captured. Max and Miriya and the other pilots find themselves inn bigger trouble as Zuni's fleet approaches. Find out in the next episode.

Episode 4: Fight for Freedom