Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Lurker of the Universe! ❯ Chapter3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Lurkers of the Universe!

A Fanfic by Adyen (nomadc@home.com)

Chapter 3

Thoughts are in italics while speech is in normal fonts. Spoke thoughts between people is in " ". Any speech between Usagi/Adyen is always done in thought, and any actions that says Adyen did only means that he was in control of the body, so I will still be using she instead of he.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

In the woods behind Hikawa shrine, six-years-old Usagi with her long hair down in a single ponytail was gracefully performing a kata with the speed and fluency that would amaze even the best martial artist in any generation. After five minutes of intent practicing, she stopped and looked around until her gaze stopped in front of a large boulder.

Looking at the boulder intently, she silently moves her finger towards a small point in the middle of the rock.

"For now, you won't be able to perform the true Bakusai Tenketsu because I've locked your focal powers. However…"

Usagi slowly poked her finger into rock as if she was poking a hole into the breaking point of the rock. She slowly slid the rest of her hand in as if the rock was made from water. Once her whole hand was submerged into the rock, she slowly pulled it out, while pulling rock and anything else with her. The moment her hands were completely out, the rock crumbled into dust.

"There are other alternatives." Adyen finished.

"I think we should go home now… It's nearly five, and I don't want anyone to worry."Usagi said, dusting off training gi that she had bought with the money Adyen had helped her make. It seemed that people are afraid of other people whom they don't know anything about. It didn't hurt that he possesses knowledge that some men will kill for, either.

Picking up a towel she had also bought, Usagi briefly wondered again how a six-years-old like her could ever own as much money as she did. Of course, the name the money is under isn't hers, but still…

As she walked back towards her home, her senses suddenly picked up a power-serge just a few blocks away from her home. Just as she was about to investigate it, Adyen spoke up.

"No Usagi. Let me."

Usagi shrugged and let go of her mental shields. It was something that Adyen demonstrated to her to protect her mind. While she didn't doubt that he could eventually pass through it, Usagi knew that they didn't have the time for him to try.

A golden glow entered Usagi's eyes and suddenly a flash of light covered her. When the light receded, a grown-up form of Usagi appeared in tight black and red clothing that covered her whole body, only leaving the left arm and right leg uncovered.

Running quickly, Adyen headed towards where she felt the power-serge, and was quite surprised to find that it originated from where she knew Osaka Naru was living.

"Guess that proves this isn't a 'mainline' universe…" Adyen privately thought as he felt three person using cloaking spells while under a dampening field. Deciding that she did not need to be found until she can figure out what is happening, she casted a quick 'Shadowmerge' spell on herself, and stealthily approached the Naru's home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

Once outside of her home, Adyen found that the energy signature had disappeared somewhere behind the house. Curious, she glided to the back only to find a blank wall. Frowning, she quickly scanned the wall, only to find nothing. Frowning deeply, she scanned again, this time, she found a slight variant in one portion of the wall, and focused her scan there. There, she found a carefully hidden dimensional door that led to some pocket dimension, but she dared not enter, knowing that she had no hopes of entering without sounding some sort of alarm.

However, that does not prevent her from watching who would use the entrence…

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

Usagi sneaked into her room from the open window and dispelled the illusion around her bed. The illusion was to make it as through she was in her bed and sleeping in case Ikuko decided to check on her while she was out training.

Hiding everything that she bought in a small subspace pocket Adyen had taught her to make before sealing her abilities, she quickly changed into her nightgown and checked the clock.

"Six thirty four. It seems as through we're cutting it close." Adyen remarked as Usagi slid into the bed and made herself comfortable.

"I think I'll meditate for a little while until mother wakes me up." Usagi said. "A little more practice wouldn't hurt."

Adyen merely chucked as Usagi slipped into a meditative trance. Having nothing better to do, he checked on the magic recorders he had set up near the door they had found. To his amusement, it seemed that some sort of power spreading from the door was jamming the recorders. "Got to fix that." He thought as he dispelled the spell and entered a passive state within Usagi's mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

Half an hour afterwards, Ikuko walked into Usagi's room and gently shook the still figure. "Usagi-chan… Wake up… its time for school…"

Usagi acted as if she was groggily waking up from a deep sleep. "No… cake…"

Ikuko smiled. "Wakey wakey, Usagi-chan… We got some friends of the family visiting…"

This got Usagi up immediately. One reason is because what she said set Adyen's mental alarms ringing. It was too much a coincidence for that power serge to appear and suddenly Ikuko saying that she had friends visiting.

Usagi, reading Adyen's thoughts, bubbly asked, "Really?! Who is it? Do I know them? Is it anyone I can play with? Do I still have to go to school?" The last one Usagi threw in because she really found school boring, especially when Adyen is teaching her near University level information already. Not that she can show off the information, since Adyen said that she has to stay low, only getting the occasional seventies or eighties.

Ikuko chuckled. "Now dear… You'll see when they arrive. And about missing school? We'll see."

After Usagi heard her mother go down the stairs, she quickly changed into something appropriate and entered the washroom. Inside, she started through the motions of waking while thinking about who this mystery 'friend of the family' is.

"Do you think it has something to do with that doorway we found earlier?" Usagi asked Adyen while brushing her teeth.

"Its possible." He replied. "I'll have a better idea when we see whose friends of your family."

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

Walking down the stairs, Usagi finished tiding her hair into their customary ponytail and skipped lightly towards her mother, who was currently making some tea for her visitors in the kitchen. "Mother? When are your friends going to arrive?" Usagi asked, stepping on the stool to grab her cup and fill it with water.

"They'll be here soon, dear." Ikuko said as she guided the kettle into the living room. Usagi followed her with glass of cold water and sat down on the couch.

The moment she sat down, the doorbell rang. Ikuko stood up and said, "That must be them now!"

She walked over to the door. Usagi couldn't see anything from that corner, but she could feel two people outside the door, just by hearing the minute sounds the pair were creating. She started sipping her water in the cute way that only a six-years-old could, and waited.

"Oh! Come in!" Usagi heard her mother exclaim in excitement. "And who's this?"

"It's so nice to be here." A young man's voice said. "I'm Usa's husband, Elios."

At that, Adyen nearly took over again from shock. How many people did he knew with that name? Answer: Less than a handful.

Usagi, under Adyen's nudging, quickly scampered towards the door to see a woman with pink hair done up in a pair of cone shaped odangos and a young man with black hair, tied into a pigtail, in front of her mother.

"THAT," Adyen remarked while Ikuko moved away to let the pair in, and Usagi performing one of her usual acts of clumsiness, "is most definitely NOT Elios."

The cup of water she was holding was flung forwards, the water spilling towards 'Elios'. Usa was the first to react after seeing Usagi with her appearances and caught the cup. However, the water splashed all over her husband the moment Usagi hit the floor.

"Oh my." Ikuko said, picking Usagi up and looking at 'Elios'. "Why don't you come in. I'll get you something to clean yourself off…"

"Don't worry yourself over it." Usa said while laughing. "He's used to getting splashed by water."

Meanwhile, he only kept muttering something about 'curses' and 'Jusenkyo'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

I apologize to Fox and Tomas Megerson for using the background for Immortal's Hope, but 1) I did message Tomas for permission to use it, and while I haven't received a reply yet, I can't stop writing because of this.

Also, when I say ponytail, I MEAN ponytail. I do not mean the twin odango that she normally wears in the anime or the manga.

Oh, and guess who Elios is?